Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



L.A. Discoveries
part 2

by Nelle



Title: L.A. Discoveries part 2
Author: Nelle
E-mail’s author: nelle_aep@hotmail.com
Rating: PG-13
Category: S/AV
Spoilers: 1,2,3 seasons
Keywords: JMPR



Blue Cove, Delaware
The Centre
Tech room
13:35 pm
Broots looked at his watch: 13:35 pm. He had phoned Sydney for nearly 30 minutes and since this call he had no news from his colleague or his boss.

Not having ones from Ms Parker was not bothering Broots, on the contrary it gave him a little peace between her usual burst of anger. But it was not in her manner or in Syd's one to be late. Broots decided to call the doctor again. He pushed the speed dial and waited. There was no answer, so he was transferred to the answering machine. He said a brief message and then tried to join his boss. Again there was no answer. He hung up.


'Well, Mr Parker left, then Lyle, Raines and Brigitte have disappeared, and finally Miss Parker and Sydney are missing in action. Man, I'm in the twilight zone! What do I do now?! Simply do what Miss Parker would want you to! First protect and hide the new files.'

He stood up, went to the shelves and took some virgin CDs and then he came back to his sit and began his work. After having checked that he had done all the manipulations correctly, he thought that another cover would be good, so he sent two copies to Sydney and Miss Parker's mail boxes. He had had a little look at the downloaded files, it mostly concerned the Pretender project but there was no mention of Jarod in them. He had read a few E-mails from Raines to the Triumvirate and vice-versa, but it didn't mean anything to him. It's just appeared that there would be soon new experiments with a new subject. And mostly Broots didn't have the time to read all the E-mails and files. There were more pressing matters right now.

'OK, it's done, now what?! Well, the last time I had Sydney on the phone he said that he was with Miss Parker in her office. It seems that it's where I've to go if I want to find some leads on them… How ironic!'

He exited the tech room and went through the corridor toward the elevator.

He pushed the button, after a few seconds the doors opened. He pushed then the fourth SL's button, while wondering what he would do if there were no signs of Miss Parker or Syd there…

***

On the road
In Brigitte's black sedan car
At the same moment

Brigitte was on her way back to the Centre with the tech's daughter.

She looked at her reflection on the rear view mirror and noticed three long scratches on her right cheek. She was trying to muffle her anger but seeing her hurt cheek didn't help the matter.

'Dammit, this little whore will pay for that, I swear! '

She took a look at her sleeping captive.

'Maybe I have hit her on the neck a little hard but she asked for it! After all, I could have killed her instead of putting her unconscious.'

She was recalling Debby's capture: She had come to Broots' house, had knocked and waited at the door for nearly fives darn minutes! Then the girl had opened and asked what she wanted. Well asked was not really the right word, snapped was better. It was obvious that the girl didn't like her though it was the first time they met. She had introduced herself has a co-worker of her father however the girl didn't buy it.

Brigitte's flashback

“What do you want?"

“I'm a co-worker of your father, I"

Debby cut her.

“My father has for co-worker the doctor Sydney Green and for boss Miss Parker, only them." she said sharply and then was about to close the door in Brigitte's face.

But the cleaner prevented her from doing it and replied in a forced gentle tone.

“I'm here because your father and the remnant of his team has had an accident."

Debby was shocked, though she didn't trust this woman, the thought of her father and Miss Parker wounded in an accident was enough to let her come in the house.

“How are they? And where? What happened?!"

“They are at the infirmary of the Centre. Your father isn't seriously wounded but the doctor wanted him to rest, so he's sent me to you. He really wants to see you."

“Hum, okay. But why he didn't call me? And who are you?"

“I'm Brigitte. A friend of your father and the step-mother of Miss Parker."

At that moment, Brigitte was sure that she saw recognition in her eyes. But Broots or Parker would never tell her stuffs about the Centre, would they? So how could she know about her? It was simply impossible.

Brigitte came closer to the teen, seeing this move Debby took a step back immediately.

“You're not a friend of them… What do you want?"

Brigitte was delighted to see fear in the eyes of the girl instead of disgust.

“I told you that your father sent me."

Debby began to run away from the Blond, but the cleaner didn't let her the time to exit the house. She caught the girl by the arm and twisted it behind her back.

“Don't even think of escape or I promise I will break your arm without a second thought, is that clear?"

“Yes..."

She released the girl and faced her.

“That's good» she grinned and added “Time to go now, love!"

She opened the door and gave a quick glance outside to be sure that there was no witness: no one in sight. But while she was checking the outside, Debby tried another escape. Brigitte made her fall on the floor by a croc-en-jamb, and caught her right leg. The young girl was now kicking the blond to free herself with her other leg but the woman didn't release her. Debby turned toward her and scratched Brigitte's face with her nails. The cleaner cried out in pain, now she was clearly furious at the girl.

'The nerve of that shit! You gonna pay for this!'

She gave her a deadly look then took her gun and pointed it at the teen.

Debby froze, she couldn't do anything now because she was sure that this blond was fully pissed of and that she wouldn't mind shooting her to get rid of her.

“GET UP! And don't try anything that you could regret."

Debby obeyed.

“Now walk to the door slowly."

Debby was heading to the door followed closely by Brigitte, she stopped in front of it.

The cleaner thought that it would be better if the girl wasn't aware of the following thirty minutes and mostly she couldn't bear the snapping behavior of this girl. She knew that this came from her lovely stepdaughter and it seemed that the Ice-Queen had a really good student there. It wasn’t without pleasure when she knocked out Debby unconscious by hitting her on the neck with the back of her gun.

End of the flashback

The car reached the Centre parking lot, she cut off the motor and took the girl in a fireman's manner. She didn't try to hide the child or to find an excuse for the obvious kidnapping. After all she, Lyle and Raines were now in control of the Centre.

She headed to SL-30 in the same way she had used this morning. After exiting the elevator, she made her way to Lyle's new office. She was clearly pissed of carrying the tech's daughter and was really satisfied when she put the girl down and knocked at the door of her stepson's office.
She heard a barked enter and executed herself.

“So Brigitte, where's the girl?"

“Over here, she's having a little nap."

“What happened to your cheek?!"

“A naughty kitten did that…" she said while running her hand through her hurt cheek.

“Poor baby, come here, I'm sure I will find a way to make you feel better!"


“You know exactly how to speak to your stepmother, don't you love!"


They were interrupted by the noise of Raines’ oxygen tank, the ghoul and his sweeper Willy came in Lyle's office.


“Mr Lyle, Brigitte, why is the girl still here? We need her in the Sim-lab immediately." he wheezed angrily.