Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
Just in caseyou were wondering, I did give the child my penname and nickname. Hey, you know you want to include yourself too. Anyways, Enjoy!!!





Unlikely Angels
Part 5
Kristia Aliss







***********
The Centre

Jarod crawled stealthfully through the air vents, returnining from the Centre’s main computer annex. He stopped suddenly. A small whimper could be heard coming through the vents. It sounds like it’s coming from the west wing. Jarod glanced down at his watch. 25 minutes. He crawled quickly in the direction of the sounds. He peared through the vent and found a young woman huddled in the corner of the dreary room. Making sure there were no cameras or other people, he jumped out of the vent and slowly approached the crying woman. Are you alright?

She glanced up. A look of sheer surprise crossed her face. Jarod?? Of course it’s Jarod, she’d know her husband’s brother anywhere.

You know me? Jarod backed up slowly.

My name’s Danelle. And no I don’t know you, but I know your brother, she smiled warmly, very well. She raised her wedding finger to reveal an beautiful gold ring.

Jarod just stood there, completely shocked. He would recognize that wedding bands other set anywhere. You’re….you’re Kyle’s wife??

***********
Lyle's house

Lyle rushed into the house, not bothering to shut the door.

Kyle!! Kyle!!!

Major Charles came running down the stairs.

Major where is he?

He’s out back with Stia’. What’s all this about? I’m sure Kyle will explain everything to you later but right now I need to talk to him. They walked onto the porch and called father and daughter over.

Major, will you take Stia’ inside please? He saw the look of urgency in Lyle’s eyes and concented.

Jamie, what’s…

Kyle, I think you should sit down.

Kyle frowned but fulfilled his request.

Is Jarod…?

No, he smiled. Jarod’s fine. He retrieved all the information we needed. He put it in an email account for us.

Then what’s up?

Kyle, he said slowly.

When Jarod was coming back from getting the information, Lyle looked into the other man’s eyes, he found a woman.

Wha..

Her name’s Danelle, she says she’s your…

Kaye?!! She’s there. Is she alright? Kyle asked overwhelmed with the happiness of finally finding his lost love.

Jarod says she’s fine, Lyle soothed. But we need to get her out now.

Kyle wiped away a solom tear that betrayed him. Thank God! I thought…..I never thought I’d see her again.

Lyle patted him reasuringly on the back. Are you going to tell Stia’?

No, not yet. We should wait till everyone’s safe…I don’t wanna get her hopes up… just incase.., Kyle looked down.

Don’t worry Kyle, they are all going to be alright.

**
Lyle’s house

Kyle read the email aloud to everyone in the room.

Donoterase? Never heard of it. Lyle commented.

As it was meant to be……

Dad!! Uncle Jamie!! Stia' ran down the stairs frantically. I think you need to see this. She produced a labtop infront of her father.

He darted a fatherly look of discipline at her. Stia' what did i tell you about digging around in the Centre's database.

Dad, Stia' huffed. This is important. She punched a few keys and colored coded file’s began to appear.

Stia' what is it?…..Red files, Lyle said eagerly.

Not just that, Blue and yellow ones too. She commented.

The yellow files are my generation. They all turned to look at Major Charles. A need for an explanation written across their faces.

You mean you were a…. Kyle started.

No Son, but your mother would have been. Thank God the triumvirate never knew of her existance.

But there are two, Miss Parker added.

Yes ,they were my Margaret and Mrs. Parker, he looked at the twins, your mother.

Our mother was a…. they asked in sync.

Yes.

But I don't understand. Wouldn't there be more? What about Angelo?

Sydney shook his head, Angelo was not a natural pretender. Many of the children from the early days showed promise but only a few had the gift.

So you are saying it's inherited?

Yes apparently it is, Kyle concluded for them. He looked at Stia'. And, I'm guessing that the blue files are from Kristia's generation.

Lyle counted on the screen. Major, he said confused, there are three!

**************
Jarod's room

Jarod lay on his bed, his arms folded behind his head. "35 bottles of beer on the wall, 35 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles should happen to fall,*he sighed*, 34 bottles of beer on the wall..." he couldn't stand it anymore. He had already worked his part of the plans out in his head a countless number of times. All he had to do know was sit and what. I wonder what's going on. He smiled, mischeviously. Maybe I can use Sam to get a little entertainment. Nah, he's just a big boring lug...

Sam walked in. You look lonely, mind some company.

Jarod smiled innocently with gratitude, but in he mind all he could say was uhh?!! Maybe they gave him the same rehab as they gave Raines a year ago.

He pulled a chair over and sat down, completely at rest, next to Jarod. Too bad i'm in a pretend, man he's making himself an easy target… Focus.

Jarod just lay on the cot, staring at the ceiling.

Sam, shifted uncomfortably. I guess it's up to me. How have you been feeling lately Jarod?

Jarod smiled, but not as bright as before. This is getting so old. Never better and you?

Sam gestured so-so as he pulled out a deck of cards. Jarod sat up enthused. Finally something to do!

Well, he better be really good or else be willing to teach me something new because if he's not this is gonna be horrible.

Sam handed the deck to Jarod, who began to shuffle them. As he pulled the table over he asked, " So, Jarod." "Have you ever played Speed? "

********
Lyle's house

It was well past midnight when lyle finally felt sleep coming on. He had thought so hard about his son. He remembered Kyle's words, "We'll rescue them, both of them." I wonder what he''ll be like? Does he even know what's happened to his mother..he cringed at the possibilty. I wonder what he looks like? Does he look like me? Will I be a good father? He battled the thoughts in his mind until he no longer had the strength to fight any longer, his tired body finally allowed him rest. As he began to fade into a dreamless sleep, he heard the door to his room creak open. He listened attentively, as small feet crossed the bedroom. Seconds later he felt a dip in the mattress and turned to see Stia's sleepy face staring down at him. Where you asleep?

Almost sweetheart, he said tiredly. What's wrong?

She rubbed her eyes, I had a bad dream.

Wanna talk about it?

No, she said lowly. She just stared at him, her eyes silently asking……. He smiled lovingly at her as he pulled back the covers. She slid inside of them next to him. Stia' laid her her head beside his on the pillow and curled up close to him. He hugged her gently. Within a few moments she was fast asleep. He loved her so much. I hope that, one day, Jason will be able to feel the way Stia' does about me. After all that's happened, how do I know he'll want me in his life?

His mind gave him no answer and as he faded into sleep a small voice whispered, he will.

*******************
Next Morning

Kyle woke up and looked at the clock 5:45. He yawned, time to get to work. He put on his clothes and opened Stia's door...he had a feeling she wouldn’t her there. He went downstairs and slowly opened the door to Lyle's bedroom…. Just as I thought. He smiled at the scene before his eyes. He was so proud of his little girl. She had taken a man like him and turned him around, just as her mother had done. He just stood there watching them sleep peacefully.

Son, I ....the Major walked over and caught a glimpse of the scene in the other room. Kyle closed the door slowly, trying to be quiet. Does it bother you?

Kyle looked confused. What?

That they are so close?

He smiled. I wasn't able to be there for her for so long but while I was gone, Lyle took care of her for me. They have a very special relationship but Stia’ is and will always be my daughter. I'm her father, and I know that I'm the only one that can fill that role in her heart. He smiled at his father as the hidden meanings in his words shined through.

I love you Son.

I love you too… Dad.




Feedback please : Skydaybreak@yahoo.com