Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
Just in caseyou were wondering, I did give the child my penname and nickname. Hey, you know you want to include yourself too. Anyways, Enjoy!!!





Unlikely Angels
Part 3
Kristia Aliss








6 Months later

Jarod's cell phone began to ring.

Ow, ow!!

Hey, stop it already. I have to answer the phone. He grabbed it and ran into another room.

Hello??

Refuge…….

Jarod held his ear to the phone long after the dial tone began.

Bro’ ? Kyle looked into Jarod’s eyes. Jarod what’s wrong?

Refuge, he looked at Kyle. Let’s go. They quickly threw there clothes together and took off to their meeting location. No one dared even dream what the meeting was suppose to be about.


6 p.m. the next afternoon
Blue Cove, Deleware

Kyle and Jarod entered the warehouse and found everyone else sitting quitely, awaiting there arrival.

They sat down. Where’s Stia’? Lyle inquired.

We left her with a mutual friend. We didn’t know what this was about; I didn’t want to bring her into danger. Lyle nodded in agreement with Kyle.

Uh, it’s not that I don’t like being here with all of you but does this meeting have a point? Everyone looked gravely at Kyle and Jarod. What? They said in sync.

We have two problems. Sydney started, giving Lyle a chance to think.

The Centre has your father. We need to get him out.

Is he… Jarod inquired.

No…he has not been hurt too badly. At least, not to my knowledge…but as we all know that can change rather quickly. Lyle said weakly.

Didn’t you say there’s another problem., kyle asked carefully.

Lyle cringed. He answered the question that had been directed a sydney, They…they have my son.

Lyle…you never told us you had a son.

Lyle sat down beside Parker. She held his hand comfortingly. I never knew I had one, until this morning. I was listening, trying to get more information about where your father was being kept, when I overheard my…he sighed resentfully….when I heard Mr. Parker mention another pretender. He said…he said he was my son….and that I was never to know of his existance.

Lyle, how could you have a son? Jarod thought for a few seconds and replied. Did they create him?

No, at least I don’t think so. When I was 16, a junior in high school, I fell in love with a young girl named Rachel. She told me that she thought she was pregnant and then a few days later she just disapeared. I never saw her again. That was 6 weeks before Raines faked my death. Lyle sat quietly.

I looked up everything that I could..Broots concluded for Lyle when he saw how much trouble his new found friend was having. The boy’s name is Jason. He’s 10 years old….Exactly how old our child would be, lyle concluded for him. Why, Lyle tortured himself. Why didn’t I see what happened? How could I have been so blind?

Lyle it wasn’t your fault, Miss Parker said caringly.

Andi, it’s all my fault. Everything that’s happened to him. Raines has him. It kills me just to think what he could have done to him. And Rachel… I wonder if she’s still alive. He placed his head into his hands.

Lyle, Kyle said as he bent down on one knee before him. Placing a hand on the other man’s shoulder, he tried to comfort him. I’ve been through this. It doesn’t do any good to blame yourself. He looked Lyle in the eyes. You would have changed it if you could have. Don’t blame yourself for this.

Lyle nodded weakly, knowing how true Kyle’s statements about himself had been.

We are going to get them out, both of them. He stated confidently to Lyle as he stood.

There’s only one problem. They’ll be watching all of us. I can’t even get any information on him without someone being alerted. How are we going to do it?

Jarod thought and then smiled deviously, How about a little distraction? And, he added sneakily, we can kill two birds with one stone.






Feedback please : Skydaybreak@yahoo.com