Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: See chapter one

~~~~~~~

Turn Evil Into Good
Part 3


Decisions


Danny poked his head out of the conference room.

Jarod and Parker were sitting side by side in the hallway, holding hands. Neither said a word. Both seemed to be sunken in their own musings and yet they seemed to have a connection that went above the physical bond.

Danny cleared his throat. “Jarod, Miss Parker. Would you come in, please?”

Jarod and Parker got up and looked at each other.

Jarod smiled encouragingly at Parker and she gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

They both turned and walked up to Danny who held the door open for them to enter the conference room.

“Jarod… Miss Parker,” Director Turner addressed to them both and went on, when they were seated. “It is our understanding that you don’t ask for our permission of your plan. We can not really keep you from going through with what you intend to do for Miss Parker is, as you said, the rightful and legal heir of the Centre,” he paused to look at them for confirmation.

Jarod smiled and nodded. Part of the tension left his body. It seemed as if they were on a good way. Despite whet the Director had said the agencies could have given them a hard time if they wanted to by going to judges in trying to keep the Centre away from them. And considering the present accusations against the Centre and the emotions running in the people, they would have had a chance to succeed in it.

“So you came to us and shared your plan because you wanted our support,” Director Turner went on and then waited for confirmation.

Again Jarod nodded. “Yes, that is why we came here. We don’t want to have you as an enemy. We will have enough of those without the legal national agencies.”

Several people in the room nodded. “That is most certainly true. You will have difficulties at first.”

This time, both Jarod and Parker nodded.

There was a brief silence.

“We will give you the support we can give you,” CIA Director finally announced and the others nodded earnestly. “You will have to do most of the work alone. We will help putting an end to all illegal doings the Centre did and shield you from the worst but the rest is in your hands.”

Jarod and Parker smiled. “That’s what we hoped for. Thank you,” Jarod said serenely.

“We do have a last question to that theme now though,” Braff spoke up.

Jarod and Parker turned towards the man.

“What exactly do you intend to do at the Centre. What kind of business dealings are you going to do?” He went on.

“That depends on the resources the Centre has. We would like to go there one of these days to see in what shape everything is and then we are going to make more detailed plans. Generally we contemplated staying in the research industry,” Parker explained.

Some agents nodded thoughtfully.

“Jarod, I asked you to bring along the boy you took with you from the Centre. How is he and can we talk to him?” Danny asked.

“He is here in Washington in the hotel. We figured that it would be best if he didn’t come along today. He is in better shape than he was when you found him. Do you want to talk to him today or will tomorrow be early enough? It is rather late,” Jarod answered with a look on his watch.

The agents looked around.

“I think tomorrow will be ok,” FBI Director Turner said. “Meeting is at nine o’clock in the morning,” he ordered.

Everyone got up from their seats and slowly left the room.

~~~~~~~

“Well?” Jay asked when Jarod and Parker entered the hotel room.

Ethan looked up as well and stared at them questioningly.

“They agreed,” Parker stated.

Jay and Ethan both cheered.

“But it took you quite long to convince them,” Jay challenged, looking at his watch provokingly after sobering down a bit.

“Watch it, bro!” Jarod threatened lightly.

Parker and Ethan chuckled at the mock staring contest that enflamed between the two look-alikes. Jay and Jarod easily joined their laughter.

“Where is our little boy?” Parker sobered down completely this time.

“He is over there in the bedroom,” Ethan said.

“Napping?” Jarod asked.

“He was only minutes ago,” Jay nodded.

Parker left Jarod’s side and went over to the bedroom door. She quietly opened the it and poked her head through the gap.

“Meli,” a delighted squeal came from within.

Jarod smiled when Parker pushed the door open further and the little boy flew into her arms.

“Hey, Andy,” she hugged her brother.

The brothers looked at the couple and all three smiled when the little boy’s eyes lightened up at hearing his sister calling him by his nickname.

He had yet to get used to the name he had chosen for himself and he loved his sister calling him by his new nickname.

“What have you been doing, little man?” She asked.

“We went to the park and afterwards I have been watching TV,” he grinned proudly.

Parker chuckled. “So you have already seen the park. That’s a pity because I wanted to show it to you but since you’ve already seen it…,” she shrugged her shoulders and put on a pout.

“We can go there again,” Andrew suggested, brightening at the prospect of being able to play there once more.

The adults chuckled and exchanged some looks.

“We have to inform the rest of the clan that everything went according to plan and that we succeeded in getting the agencies on our side,” Jarod objected.

“Ok and how about we go a little celebrating tonight?” Ethan asked.

“Dinner?” Jarod suggested.

Everyone nodded.

“Then let’s get going!” Jay grinned.


To be continued…