Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I still don’t own them and I still don’t make any money. Spare the effort to sue, because I’m as poor as a little mouse and so you won’t get anything.

Author's Note: This is the sequel to 'To End The Evil' I suggest you read that one first.

~~~~~~~

Turn Evil Into Good


Guns in a conference room


„Ready?“ Jarod asked and squeezed her hand again.

“No, but that won’t change the fact that we are going in there,” she breathed.

Jarod stopped and drew her towards him. Parker gratefully leaned into him, drawing strength from his embrace. She finally looked up and nodded.

“Don’t worry. Just stick close to me in the first few minutes. They will calm down quickly,” he reassured her just as he had done many times over the last few days.

They were back in Washington D.C. The heads of the FBI and CIA had scheduled a meeting.
Danny had called Jarod and asked him to come back so that the bureaus could pose more questions.

It had taken more than one and a half weeks for the agencies to get in touch with them again and that had been more than anyone of the group had anticipated. They had happily used the time to relax and grow together.

“Let’s go in,” Parker said, the determined expression returning into her eyes.

Jarod smiled. “That’s the spirit I like so much,” he bent down and captured her lips in a sweet kiss.

They both straightened and breathed deeply. Then Jarod let go of her hand and walked up to the door. He turned around to see if Parker was following and when Parker nodded, he swiftly opened the doors leading to the conference room and strode in confidently.

Parker followed graceful and smoothly and with a confidence she didn’t really feel. She had her Ice-Queen face back in place but it lacked the absolute coldness it had had before.

“Ah, Jarod,” Danny greeted when they entered.

All heads were turned towards the door and the intruders. There were fifteen people in the conference room waiting for Jarod’s arrival.

“Danny,” Jarod acknowledged with a curt nod of his head.

It was then that the first agents gasped at the sight of Parker standing not even a step behind Jarod’s shoulder.

Jarod’s and Parker’s faces remained neutral.

The realization sank into the agents’ minds. There was a stunned silence and then the room came to life.

The agent at the head of the large conference table reached for his telephone while several agents reached for their guns.

In swift motions, several guns were pointed at Parker.

In spite of everything, Jarod and Parker kept their ground and just returned the glances without so much as blinking an eye.

“Gentleman, there is no use in pointing guns around,” Jarod announced smoothly.

Just then, several agents, also with their guns drawn, barrelled through the door and circled the pair.

“Jarod, go away from her. Slowly,” Danny ordered.

Jarod stayed where he was and merely glanced around. “I said that there was no use to have your guns drawn,” he repeated, as calm as before.

“Jarod, she can’t harm you anymore, come over here. We will do the rest,” another agent called.

Jarod blinked confused at the agents comment and Parker had a hard time to keep from laughing.

“She won’t harm me,” the pretender announced still rather irritated at that thought and then looked directly at Danny. “If I wanted her in handcuffs, I would have brought her to the police and not into this conference room. She is no prisoner and neither am I,” he paused for effect. “And I don’t intend her to become a prisoner.”

The guns wavered slightly.

“What is all that about?” The agent at the head of the table, who had called the other agents into the conference room via phone, asked.

“Director Turner,” Jarod addressed to the head of the FBI. “We would like to discuss a few things with you and your men”, Jarod started and then looked around. He rolled his eyes slightly. “Look, we don’t have guns and I already informed you that you won’t need yours either, so could you please lower them?” Jarod half asked and half ordered.

The agents gazes flickered over to the Director, whose gaze in turn flickered over to Danny. Danny observed Jarod and finally nodded, putting his own gun down. The other agents followed suite.

Parker and Jarod both breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank you,” Jarod said.

“Jarod, Miss Parker,” the CIA Director Braff looked at her sharply. “Please be seated.”

When they were both seated the Director went on, “Miss Parker. We know of your history and the position you held in the Centre. Consider the fact that you are sitting here without handcuffs as the benefit of doubt Jarod has just placed here. Don’t count on its staying,” he said sternly.

“I will not take it for granted and I thank you for hearing us out,” Parker nodded.

“Start then,” Assistant Director Kelsey instructed.

“We come to claim the Centre ours,” Jarod dropped the bomb.


To be continued…