Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see part one

~~~~~~~

Turn Evil Into Good
Part 11


Complete again


“Ah, hello everyone!” Jarod welcomed the rest of the family, when they climbed out of the jet.

“Jarod,” his father hugged him tightly. Sydney followed shortly after Charles had released his son. Angelo grinned sheepishly and then also hugged his old friend.

“Did you have a good time in Canada without the others?” Jarod asked the empath who shook his head yes.

Next Jarod shook hands with Broots and gently hugged the tech’s daughter.

“Jarod, where are the others?” Charles asked, looking around.

“They are in town to get some things and to make the townhouse ready,” Jarod informed them.

“We won’t stay in the hotel?” Sydney asked surprised.

“No. Everything is fairly quiet around here and so we checked out of the hotel yesterday,” Jarod replied and looked from one to the other. Frowning, his gaze stopped at his sister whose eyes darted around and whose posture was that of a frightened dear caught in the headlights of an oncoming car.

“And where did you sleep last night then?” Sydney asked.

“We already were in the townhouse but the other rooms have to be prepared and we didn’t get the chance to do so before. So we decided to split up to get everything done before you guys got here,” he explained, only briefly taking his gaze off of his sister. “So, why don’t you get your things?”

Everyone started moving and Jarod easily brushed over to where his sister was still standing. “Hey,” he addressed to her.

Emily flinched and whirled around to come face to face with her brother. When she saw him, she let out a shaky breath of relief.

Jarod looked at her and then wordlessly drew her into his arms. Emily was shaking slightly and he tightened his hold on her. “Hush, everything is ok,” he soothed her.

It took her a moment to stop shaking but the tension didn’t leave.

“Pretty scary to be here, isn’t it?” Jarod asked quietly and his sister nodded against his broad chest.

Jarod softly stroked her hair.

“To be at the very place I was told to stay as far away from as possible for all my life…,” she trailed off.

Jarod drew away from her slightly. “You don’t have to worry. Everything will be alright. We wouldn’t have let you come here, if we didn’t think it to be secure,” he said earnestly.

Emily nodded. “I know but yet…”

Jarod smiled calmly. “It will take some time to get used to it,” he nodded. “Just keep in mind that we are all here and that no one can harm us anymore and when you want to talk, you will know where to find me.”

“Thanks, big bro,” she swallowed against the tears.

Jarod brushed a stray of hair out of her face and then bent down to drop a kiss on her forehead. “You are welcome, Em.”

“Jarod, we are ready to go,” Charles called.

“Ok, let me tell Jimmy to store the plane in the hangar and then we can leave,” Jarod called back.

~~~~~~~

The drive to Blue Cove was spent with easy conversation; what the family hadn’t heard until now and what Jarod and the others had missed in Canada.

“Wow, that house surely is big,” Emily gasped when Jarod parked the car in the driveway and everyone got out.

“Yeah, enough room for all of you to settle down for a while,” Jarod nodded.

They all went up to the entrance and Jarod opened the door.

“Parker, we are back!” he called out loudly.

Moments later, several pair of foot were coming down the hall and the stairs. The newcomers were warmly welcomed and soon the gathering scattered so that everyone could find his or her own room.

~~~~~~~

Dinner was equally lively as the drive home had been.

Everyone chattered amiably. Even Emily had managed to calm down once they were settled in the townhouse. Having the whole family back around was helping.

But not only Emily was feeling better with the little group finally complete again. Each and everyone of the group was feeling more secure.

Being informed that everything went well was one thing but seeing for themselves that the persons close to them were ok and that everything was running smoothly was an entirely different, more satisfying thing.

“So, when will you officially proclaim the Centre yours?” Sydney wanted to know.

“One of these days,” Parker replied and looked at Jarod for confirmation.

“Yeah, I think the news reporters are starting to get suspicious. We won’t be able to keep them back any longer and we will soon have business to do. We don’t need reporters to stick around and prevent us from starting things anew,” Jarod said grimly.

“So we can count on a deftly article in the next few days?!?” Charles grumbled.

“Yes. That is for certain,” Ethan nodded.

“What exactly do we tell them?” Sydney asked.

“The truth… mostly anyway,” Jarod grinned.

“Mostly?” Broots frowned.

“Yeah, mostly. You don’t want your head on an official penalty-list, do you?” Parker snapped half-heartedly.

“N-no, Miss…,” Broots stuttered and then stopped, when her face lit up at the effects her demeanour still had about Broots. She just loved tormenting him. Everyone around the table started chuckling. “Haha, very funny,” Broots grumbled.

“Yeah, don’t you think?” Parker smiled sweetly.

“We will stick to the story we made up in Canada. Sydney and Broots will not get into the picture before some time has passed and Jay is my brother,” Jarod stated.

“Ok, then let the party begin,” Charles lifted his glass to the toast and everyone joined in.


To be continued…