Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see part one

~~~~~~~

Turn Evil Into Good
Part 10


Considering the possibilities and then there was more


“So, what do you think?” Jarod asked.

“Well, I didn’t see anything of the state, the labs were in, because I had to baby-sit Andy…,” Jay grumbled only half-earnestly, “… but from what you guys told me, staying in the research-business is the direction to take.”

“Yeah, the labs are at high standard. It would be a waste to throw them away just because of what was done with them before,” Ethan agreed.

Parker and Jarod both nodded.

“Ok, and is there any special direction we want to take?” Parker asked.

Jarod got up and retrieved a piece of paper. “We wrote down the kind of labs and research materials we already have stationed there. Maybe we can determine a red line along which to go with that,” he suggested.

“Good idea,” Parker said in approval.

~~~~~~~

“The list didn’t exactly bring us any further,” Parker frowned. “There is just too much material in the Centre, so that we could follow nearly every route we wanted to.”

“So, maybe that is precisely what we should do,” Jay advised.

“How so?” she shot back.

“Well, maybe we should just say what we want to do there, what it is that we all feel most content with,” Jay replied.

Everyone nodded after following Jay’s way of thinking.

“Ok,” Jarod nodded. “So, we already determined that we want the Centre to make up part of what it destroyed. We wanted to take it somewhere where the people profit from its research and not profit in the sense of money being made.”

Again, everyone nodded.

“Ok, in the past, the Centre did illegal research on children and exploited them and others. How can we make up for that best?” Parker asked.

“By doing research and giving something back to them,” Ethan brightened.

Jarod, Parker and Jay frowned.

“Not by repaying any money or something like that,” Ethan said when he saw the expressions on his sibling’s faces. “What about we take the Centre mostly into the Pharmacology business?”

Small smiles enfolded themselves on the faces.

“That’s good. With the material already there, we could really achieve something that way. Doing pharmacological research, developing new medications and stuff,” Jay grinned.

“Yeah, and we could also use most of the other labs as well. Pharmacology goes well along with Biology and Chemistry,” Jarod said.

“What about patients? Will we only do research or also have patients there?” Parker asked.

“There were several really good psychiatrists at the Centre. Maybe we should also have patients but no stationed ones. Perhaps a day clinic or something like that?” Jarod stated.

“Psychic studies?” Ethan suggested. “In the long run maybe coupled with therapy.”

“Agreed,” Parker nodded.

Everyone sat back contently.

“So that’s the way it’s gonna be?” Ethan asked partly astonished at the now somewhat quick decision.

“Yeah, it’s seems like it,” Parker replied.

“How about we celebrate tonight?” Jay suggested.

“We have every reason to celebrate,” Jarod nodded and then smiled. “I think about a tour to the park with Andy, then some ice-cream and then Dinner.”

“The ice-cream was to be expected,” Parker laughed and the others easily joined in. Parker took Jarod’s hand and leaned her head on his chest.

Without hesitancy, his one hand moved up and came to rest on the back of her head and he held her close to him.

Parker looked up and stretched when Jarod moved down to meet her halfway.

“Ah, before we forget that,” Ethan interrupted with a sweet smile. “When do we let the other’s come down here to Blue Cove?”

Jarod grumbled softly against Parker’s lips. “I don’t care,” he mumbled.

Jay, who had caught the remark, chuckled heartily. “I don’t think, there is anything against them coming now,” he said.

“Let them come,” Jarod stated, still his gaze firmly locked with Parker’s. He was only partially following Jay’s statement.

Ethan and Jay chuckled at the faraway expressions on both, Jarod’s and Parker’s faces.

Jay got up and walked over to the bedroom, where Andy was napping. He gently woke the little boy.

Only minutes later, Jay and Ethan were out of the room with Andy in tow, to go over to the park Andy loved so much.

Jarod and Parker promised to join them later.


To be continued…

Author’s Note: I’ll leave everything that happens now to your imagination. #Chuckles#.