Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

Written on or before December 21, 2005.

Setting: Pretender 2001, Jarod's interrogation of Broots.

Disclaimer: The Pretender rights are owned by Imagiquest, TNT, NBC and FOX. See additional disclaimers after story.



 

 "If Sidney could see me now," he thought.

 

He would finally get justice for his friend Eddie. Too bad he would have to confront Alex, who seemed bent on destroying his life, too.

 

It felt good to get one of Parker's team finally at his mercy. Broots couldn't disavow any knowledge, and Jarod knew that well.

 

"Let me question him," he smiled witty to his partner. Finally, the tables could be turned. Would the Centre have jurisdiction in the FBI while it was in such turmoil?

 

He knew Broots was innocent. He even knew who committed the crime. First, he had to convince his partner of the former.

 

He unraveled his story carefully and well-constructed. Broots knew well to go along. Then, the fun began. He started on the subject of Broots' motivation to enter the house. It would all be too easy, a rendezvous. And who would Broots want to rendezvous with? It was written all over his face, too blatantly obvious to be missed. Describing her down to the last detail even the leather caused Jarod to smile inwardly.

 

Yet he grimaced. Who was Broots to have Parker? Though he felt certain, a small doubt entered his mind. The all-encompassing thought began to tear at his subconscious. Surely Parker could not want Broots.

 

He returned to his interrogation, finally relieved when he emphasized "pathetic loser." His inner thoughts nearly gave away to a victorious smile, for he knew Broots had to go along.

 





Chapter End Notes:

 

Additional Disclaimers:

This work is a transformative fanwork, written for entertainment purposes only and not for profit.  Canon characters and backstories are copyright to Imagiquest, TNT, NBC and FOX and applicable others.  This fanwork should not be taken as canon from the original Pretender and may not necessarily reflect Pretender's copyright holders’ original intentions.  Works rated M or MA are not intended to be read by minors.

 This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this work are either the product of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

 The author hopes this work will help readers further enjoy The Pretender.