Ten years after Carthis, MP & J live in hiding with their family. The Centre still exists, but Lyle is no longer threatening their freedom. But one day a silent enemy coming from their past suddenly appears. Parker and Jarod are forced to remember what happened ten years before, when everything changed…
Last update: January '23 - Chapter 34
Categories: Post IOTH Characters: All the characters
, Suspence/MysteryWarnings: Warning: Character Death
Ok, I do not *own* any of The Pretender characters. But I feel like they became mine, too.
Last year with Rebirth, and the authors starting to write again, well it was like having a huge amount of information and new concepts that flew in my mind like a flux of thoughts. And I had to write them down. To write fanfictions about them.
This is going to be another long story, maybe not as long as Mind Rain, but it usually takes me some time to develop things just the way I like them.
The idea came to me when I started to think about the Red Files. We never actually knew who they were. All we knew about them was that Angelo, Jarod, Parker and Lyle were 4 of the 8 red files. So, what if we actually discovered who the others were during the show?
I won’t have a beta reader for this, so please, be careful with my English and don’t be too surprised if you find huge mistakes.
Last update: 2.15.2018 - Chapter 29
1. Chapter 1: Ten Years by missparker87 [Reviews - 10] (1500 words)
2. Chapter 2: Taking a Turning Point by missparker87 [Reviews - 4] (2429 words)
3. Chapter 3: Psychological Counseling by missparker87 [Reviews - 5] (882 words)
I've always thought Sydney was more a father to Miss Parker than Mr. Parker ever was. What do you think?
4. Chapter 4: Sleep with the fishes by missparker87 [Reviews - 4] (2176 words)
5. Chapter 5: First Times by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (4563 words)
6. Chapter 6: Confessions by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (2624 words)
I hope you enjoy this chapter, because I loved writing it.
7. Chapter 7: The Ex Parade by missparker87 [Reviews - 3] (5310 words)
I love this chapter. I really wanted to write a whole MPJ conversation about former lovers. And it got pretty long and weird. But I think I made a nice job.
Let me know what you think ;)
8. Chapter 8: Mr. & Mrs. Miller by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (1749 words)
Let's bring some action.
The story will develop, I promise. Just give me time ;)
9. Chapter 9: Basket Case by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (3046 words)
A special thank to lipamo for all the amazing reviews!
10. Chapter 10: When the Past Comes Back to Haunt You by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (999 words)
11. Chapter 11: The Bargain by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (2589 words)
I love Lyle. In my mind, Julian Sark (Alias) is his tv heir.
They're both so deliciously perverse!
12. Chapter 12: Chuntao by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (1812 words)
You thought we'd got rid of him?
You were wrong.
13. Chapter 13: Fears and Revelations by missparker87 [Reviews - 3] (1941 words)
I don't care if this is trite. And I don't care if you don't care about what I care.
These characters are on loan, and I can do whatever I want with them - in this story.
And being the stubborn MPJ-Shipper that I am, you can't really blame me for what I write.
14. Chapter 14: A Message from the Dead by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (2350 words)
Well, here I am. I loved writing this chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it as well.
15. Chapter 15: Reunion by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (1766 words)
Seing that I've received so many reviews in the last couple of days, I felt spurred to go on with this story.
I really wanted to see Jarod finally holding his mother during the show, but it never happened. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
But I meant it.
16. Chapter 16: Retaliation ain't no good by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (2510 words)
It's been a while, but with a wedding to get ready for, it's not easy to juggle between all the commitments. I hope you enjoy this chapter, I think it's funny.
At least, I had fun while I was writing it.
17. Chapter 17: Apology Accepted by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (1160 words)
Last chapter before my wedding.
I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to behave differentely, after becoming a wife.
If I'm going to dedicate less time to writing fanfics, for example.
18. Chapter 18: In Revenge and in Love by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (1309 words)
I've been back from the honeymoon for a while, but I thought I could upload a new chapter as a Xmas gift for the readers.
I'm a bit late, but I hope you appreciate it nonetheless.
19. Chapter 19: Change of party by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (3186 words)
I know it's been a while, but I'm not giving up on this, I promise. =)
20. Chapter 20: A Man from the Past by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (734 words)
New chapter for you all.
21. Chapter 21: The Choice of Names by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (1477 words)
And a new one too. Hope you like it ;)
22. Chapter 22: Gabriel by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (2693 words)
I'm sorry this took me so long, but I'm very busy, thinking about my little one. She's still in my belly, but she's almost here, I'm going to meet her in August.
And guess what? She'll be named Andrea :)
23. Chapter 23: Are you in possession of a goldfish? by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (2048 words)
I know it's been a while. I've been very busy in the last 6 months, my daughter was born on 24th August and since then she became my whole life.
Today I really wanted to add a new chapter, I hope I can complete this story in the future, but it'll certainly take a while.
Uhm, my daughter's name is Andrea Elena. And of course one of the reason I gave her this name is because of our lovely AP.
24. Chapter 24: Promises by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (1186 words)
I know, it's really been a while. But real life keeps me very busy: my daughter is now one year old. Her name is Andrea, and I love her more than anything in this world, even more than The Pretender ;)
I hope you're not giving up on this, I promise I'll try to update whenever I can.
Thanks a lot to everyone!
25. Chapter 25: The Blow by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (2239 words)
So much time from the last update, I know.
Have faith. I'm going to end this, even if it takes a while.
26. Chapter 26: Trusting Jarod by missparker87 [Reviews - 2] (2342 words)
Well, hello everybody, happy new year.
Are you still with me? I hope so.
In the last year, my little Andrea had started to talk (a few words), to walk (since December) and to answering 'No' to our requests.
Even if she's the joy of my life, at times I still need to write, I really want to finish this and I promise I will.
27. Chapter 27: Ancestors by missparker87 [Reviews - 0] (1421 words)
I know, it's been a while. I'm sorry, but real life is really overpowering me in the last months (years?).
I missed those days when I could write until midnight or read fanfictions until dawn and then getting up as if I had slept all night long. When you have a baby, everything changes - it's true. When you are a mother, nothing is like before.
But I promise you that - very slowly - I'll try to end this huge thing I started a few years ago. I owe you.
28. Chapter 28: Conspiracy by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (1344 words)
It's 10 p.m. in Italy and I've spent a good part of my day in writing this chapter. I think the Muse might be back.
Let's wait and see.
- As usual, sorry for my language. I'm not supposed to be the best writer around here.
29. Chapter 29: Rotten fruit by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (1427 words)
A little update. I know, it's been a while. I'll try to end this, I really hope I will.
30. Chapter 30: It’s supposed to be that way by missparker87 [Reviews - 0] (1071 words)
I know, it's been years...
31. Chapter 31: Old Man and Peter Pan by missparker87 [Reviews - 1] (2223 words)
32. Chapter 32: The Substitute by missparker87 [Reviews - 0] (1668 words)
33. Chapter 33: Explanation by missparker87 [Reviews - 0] (1800 words)
Here you go, if you're still interested.
34. Chapter 34: Redemption by missparker87 [Reviews - 0] (1721 words)