Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters in this story do not belong to me, and I’m not making any money out of this. I’m just bored with waiting for the second movie to come out, so I’m doing this to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.

Soulwashing
Part 2
By Feline





She stood at the altar, radiant in her white wedding gown.
As she looked into Jarod’s sparkling brown eyes, she
recited her intention to love him forever, til death do them part.




Miss Parker woke from her fitful sleep. Why, no matter how hard she tried to bury it, did it always come back to haunt her?

He had forgotten about it, so why couldn’t she? All these years she’d chased him he had never once made mention of their marriage, of why he’d left her the very next morning without even a word, or a note. Abandoned her after the best day of her life.

She shook her head. She couldn’t think like that anymore. Like the rest of her life, it had been an illusion, and reality had eventually triumphed when he had left her, the way everyone who claimed to love her did.

Her anger over his betrayal was the thing that had kept her going. Even after he had saved her life countless times, the knowledge that she meant no more to him than a stray dog had kept her firmly on track to dragging him back to the Centre.

She got up and crossed into her mother’s studio. She removed from her secret hiding place the unframed photo, the scene from her dreams. Her and Jarod at the chapel, twelve years ago to this very day. Some wedding anniversary, she thought, berating herself for this soppy sentimentality.

Maybe I should get an annulment she mused. Her mouth curved bitterly. One could get out of murder on the grounds of insanity, but not marriage.

Divorce, perhaps, but since she’d have to catch his sorry ass before she could give him the papers, it was probably better that she just stuffed him into a cell at the Centre and be done with it.

She thought back to yesterday. It still affected her, a fact she detested. That he had told that Nia girl she was his first had brought the same stabbing pain she had felt when he had told her that he set up her meeting with Thomas. She must have meant so little to him, she reflected.

She had given up hope that she would ever forget as completely as he had, ever get to the place where she could mock what they had as he had done when he sent her that stupid little candy heart asking her to be his Valentine.

No matter what, it was one of those things that is unforgettable.