Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Kidnapped

 

He stopped his car near the Centre, but not to close that anyone could see it. He was lucky it was dark, so it would be easy for him to sneak inside. He quickly lifted the lid and lowered himself into the airduct. Quickly crawling around finally getting to his destination. He had stopped only once on his way here to find out where they were keeping him. He looked down to the room and saw a figure on the bed. He kicked out with his legs letting the vent cover fall to the floor. The boy hadn’t woken up yet.

 

“Hi. Zane. I’m Jarod and I’m going to get you out of here.” He said. He lifted the blankets and backed up in horror. What seemed to be a boy was a child mannequin. The door opened right then and in came Miss Parker, Sam and other sweepers. He looked up at them in horror.

 

Miss Parker smiled at him as she saw as he figured what had happened.

 

“There was no child that was kidnapped. You planted the parents and put the story into the paper to draw me out. You knew that I wouldn’t let a boy grow up inside the Centre walls like I did.”

 

“The so called parents work for us. The boy is a nephew of theirs. When you left they called and said that you took the bait. All we had to do was to wait for you.”

 

He turned to make a run for it, but the sweepers were faster, they slammed him into the wall and put the cuffs on him. They led him out of the room and put him in his same room he had when he was a boy. They unlocked the cuffs and shoved him inside.

 

“Welcome home, Jarod.” She smiled “Home sweet home.”

 

“No, you can’t do this.”

 

“I already did.” She said as she walked away.

 

Jarod angrily paced in his cell. He couldn’t believe that he fell for it.

 

---

Mr. Parker’s Office.

 

Miss Parker walked into her father’s office without knocking and walked up to the desk.

 

“It worked, Daddy. Jarod is now in his cell.”

 

“That’s my Angel. Good work. The Centre is back in business and you can leave now.”

 

“Thank you, Daddy.”

 

She turned and walked to her own office. She was free finally and Jarod was finally down in his cell.

 

-----

Mr. Parker picked up the phone and dialed Raine’s number.

 

“It worked and you can have access to the pretender after Sydney talks to him. Make sure that this works.” He said as he hung up.