Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

Kidnapped.

 

 

It was a nice sunny day as Jarod walked through the park next door to his apartment that he was renting. He was almost done with his current pretend and he was glad. He walked into the lobby, stopped turned back to the newspaper vending machine and took a paper out. He had never gotten a paper this early in the pretend, he would always get one after to see where he was going next, but something made him stop and get one. He went upstairs and walked down the hallway to his room. He opened it, shut it and locked it. Then he sat down on the chair near the kitchen table. He opened it and knew why he stopped to buy it.

 

7 year old stolen

 

Zane Maliker was taken last night. His parents had tucked him in his bed and when they awoke the next day they found the window open and the lamp next to the boys bed knocked over. When they called the police they found a footprint in the dirt next to the window. If anyone knows any information please call this number. There was also a picture of the boy.

 

It went on, but Jarod stopped reading. He remembered when he was four years old and he was kidnapped in the night. He was so scared and tried to cry out to his parents, but they covered his mouth and put the hood over his head. He couldn’t let another boy be taken from a family that loves him. He quickly packed his things, put the paper in his duffel bag and took off.

 

He was finally in the town that they boy was taken from. He quickly located a hotel and got a room and changed into a suit. He pinned his FBI badge to the suit and took off. He pulled up to the house and got out making his way to the door.

 

“Hi. My name is Jarod Watson and I am here to help get your son back.” He said as the door opened. He showed them his badge.

 

“Please come in.”

 

He walked into the living room. “Please sit down. My name is Gina and this is my husband Jake Maliker.”

 

“Please tell me about your son and why do you think he was taken.”

 

“Zane is such a bright boy. He loved school and excelled in all the subjects. In some of them they had to advance him because they were too easy for him. Why he was stolen we don’t know. Everybody that knew him loved him. He is a lovable child.”

 

“Can I see his room?”

 

“Yes, right this way.”

 

The bed was made and some toys were on the ground. A picture on the dresser was of the three of them and they were all smiling. Jarod picked it up and looked at it.

 

“Did he have any friends at school?”

 

“Yes he does. They are so heartbroken that he isn’t here to play with them.”

 

“How smart was your son?”

 

“He got straight A’s in his work.” She showed him some of his work and what he saw was work that a 6th, or 7th grader would do. He turned to the parents as he set the papers down.

 

“Have you ever had him tested? An I.Q. Test?”

 

“Yes, as a matter of fact we did. Just a couple of days ago. We haven’t gotten the results yet.”

 

“Has he had a physical done lately? A blood test?”

 

“That happened on the same day. Why do you ask?”

 

“I have to do some research. I’ll be back.” He said as he avoided the question and took off to his room. He quickly got his laptop out and booted it up. He then searched the Centre’s mainframe and looked around. There it was a young boy was brought into the Centre and was going to be tested to be a pretender. He had to get the boy out of there and now. He couldn’t let the parents wonder where their child was and he couldn’t let the boy grow up like he did. He packed again and took off. It looked like he had to go back to the Centre again. This time to get a child out.