Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Light surrounding you.” Song doesn’t belong to me it belongs to Evermore and whoever their record label is. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: I thought this might not been another good song fic. I’m not really sure of this one, so tell me what you think.

Light Surrounding You

Jarod and Miss Parker had been going together since the fall of the Centre. She moved from Blue Cove and followed him to a nice house that was by the lake surrounded by trees. They loved the cabin and the stores that they went to get their supplies from in the tiny town. Jarod walked into the kitchen got himself a drink of water and wandered into the living room after his day at his latest pretend. Even if the Centre was gone there was no reason why he still couldn’t help people. He looked around not finding Miss Parker. He sat his cup down on the coffee table and made his way to the bedroom and then to the back porch. He looked towards the water and saw her by the water with her shoes off.

I see you by the water
your toes dipped in the sand
I thought that it was over
I thought you'd understand
but the feeling is returning,
though time has made us change
and I understand if you don't
wanna talk me about it
tonight, oh, tonight

Cos I see the light surrounding you
so don't be afraid of something new

Time was overtaking me
and I guess I was confused
they were all inviting me
but I wish I had refused
cos I’d been there before,
and I’ve seen it all
and I believe in you

And if you never had my heart
I would've never called you back
at the start that night
and I want you to know

He made his way towards the water and stopped just beside her. He looked out onto the lake and then at her. He could see her face and wondered what was going on with her.

“Are you okay, Miss Parker?”

“Just peachy, Jarod.”

He looked at her and then back at the water and then back to her.

“Talk to me Miss Parker. Please.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“You mean you don’t want to talk about it, or don’t want to talk about it with me?”

She turned to him and saw the concern in his eyes. He was a good man and she didn’t deserve him. He had picked her out of all the women he could go with and he picked her. Why was that? She asked herself.

As if picking up on her thoughts.

“You know that I love you, Miss Parker.”

“You’ve had my heart when we were children and you had it ever since. I see the turmoil that you went inside the Centre and as a woman, but you still have goodness inside of you. You changed when the Centre, Miss Parker, but don’t be afraid of it Miss Parker. It’s a good kind of change.”

That I see the light surrounding you
so don't be afraid of something new
cos I see the light surrounding you
so don't be afraid of what you're turning into

Blue-eyed sun shines on me in the morning
can't help but feel a little cold thinking of you

Cos I see the light surrounding you
so don't be afraid of something new
cos I see the light surrounding you
so don't be afraid of what you're turning into

no, don't be afraid, don't be afraid
cos I see the light, cos I see the light
cos I see the light surrounding you

He talked to her some more trying to get through to her and finally she looked at him and flashed her blue eyes at him and smiled. It took his breath away when she smiled at him. It was like she was smiling just for him and he loved her for it. He smiled in return and then placed a kiss gently on her lips and they stood there looking out onto the water.

The End.