Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Discoveries
part 4
by Ticon








It all started when Jarod came on this unannounced visit. Normally it would be rather nice to talk to him in person, but not this time – too much was at stake here! He had been looking for something. It was either that or he had decided to pull one of the pranks which he obviously had grown rather fond of. But he had brought nothing with him – so it had to be something that he was searching for. But what was it? Sydney hadn’t the faintest idea on what it could be. He had to think about that later and maybe search through some of the Centres latest files – see if there was anything new. All he knew was that Jarod hadn’t found what he was looking for.

But that didn’t mean that he hadn’t found something – oh no! He had found something that Sydney had hoped to keep away from him, something that he never was supposed to see.

Sydney again picked up the box that had started this whole mess. Why had he kept these things? Of sentimental reasons, that said itself, but he should have known better. With a job like this *sigh*, you couldn’t afford to be overcome with emotions. He carefully picked up each object and studied them thoroughly. They sure brought back memories. Both pleasant and unpleasant.

A shudder went through him as he though of might have happened if miss Parker or Broots had come in with him. Well, Broots he could handle, but not miss Parker. What was wrong with her? She was wearing a mask; over the years he had sometimes been able to see at least partly of her true face – and what he had seen and discovered was a lot better than the mask she was wearing

But still, if she had been here.....

Jarod had been unable to control his emotions upon finding this box. If he had started talking about the father/son feelings, Sydney knew for sure that they would never have been given Jarod to him ever again.

And finally – the confrontation. Jarod was convinced that Sydney looked at him as his son. Which was true, to some extent. At least that was what Sydney had convinced himself over the years, and he wasn’t all sure if he wanted to disturb those emotions. But for the emotions he had this day – those had to be put under control and sorted out before he could face Jarod again. It was imperative. Or else this whole thing would end with disaster – which was pretty much where it was headed already.

No, this was a very complicated situation. And Sydney didn’t have the faintest idea on how to deal with it!


TBC



This was a very short part, I know. But it wasn’t really much more to say...

Well, if you want a new part......but you probably know the drill already : )


Feedback: Yes, please! It's my first Pretender fic, so I really wanted to know if I did all right or if I should never get near a pen again!

Note: Still looking for a beta! If there’s anyone out there, feel free to reach up a hand and I’ll come running towards you before you can change your mind ; )

Another Note: I want to thank all the people that sent me feedback! (you know who you are : ).