Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Note: I haven't seen the ep. I'm quoting for months. I think I have at least gotten some of it right, but I really doubt that I've gotten all. Anyway, it isn't much, and if you have seen the ep. It's taken from you'll know what I mean. (and if you haven't seen the ep. I'm talking about then just lean back and enjoy the fic *
Another Note: I didn't get this thing betaed 'cause I don't know anyone that beta 'Pretender' fics. I don't think that there are that many mistakes….or at least I hope there aren't…


Discoveries
by Ticon







"Did you ever think of yourself as my father?"

"I never allowed myself to do so, Jarod"

The conversation swirled around in Jarod's head as he walked towards the bus stop. It had started to rain, but he didn't notice. He had always believed that even if he never found his biological father, or they took him back to the Center, he would at least have Sidney. The man was like a father to him, it hurt him to think that he wasn't like a son to Sidney. But he couldn't allow himself to dwell on it - that would lead to mistakes, and mistakes would get him captured and yet again brought back to a life in imprisonment. He bought a newspaper and got into the bus. Now he had to look for others to help. Perhaps the paper could help him?

************6 Months later*************

It was dusk as Jarod sneaked along the wall outside the Center. He had to find a suitable place to get inside. That was easier said than done. He couldn't come in the way he had gotten out because that was 3 meters above ground. He had been lucky not to break anything when he escaped for the first time! Finally he found a window and got inside. It was a tricky job, he had never been to a house with more alarms than the Center. After he had gotten inside he went straight for the air duct, that was one way that he could use over and over again. He smirked at the idea - the Center - all mighty and powerful, didn't get that it was through the sir ducts he had escaped. If they had, then they would have secured them, wouldn't they? A shudder went trough him - the people at the Center weren't stupid. He had to get out of the duct, quickly. He jumped through the first vent he came across and landed on a desk. It was Sidney's - what a coincidence. He could hear people running around in the halls. Yep - he had been right - there had been installed an alarm since his last visit. Damn - how was he supposed to get out?

***

Sidney ran through the halls…the message from miss Parker had been urgent. Something about Jarod and that they finally had him. He didn't really get that - the only way that they could have been able to catch Jarod was if he wanted to be catched. Oh well, he would find out soon enough.

***

Jarod stepped down from the desk after he had re-attached the vent so that no one would guess where he had gotten out. Then he started to search for a place to hide if it came to that, and he suspected that it would. He found the traditional hiding spot. Under the couch - it was fairly hard to spot him there, unless you came in looking for him then…

***

"Miss Parker!" Sydney was almost out of breath as he reached her. She turned and looked at him.

"Yes?"

"You said you had captured Jarod! Where is he?"

"I never said that we had captured him, just that we're close" Miss Parker started to walk toward the place where Sam stood. Sidney followed.

"How close?"

"He's in the air ducts'

"How do you know?" Sidney was starting to suspect that they weren't even close in retrieving Jarod.

"After his last little breaking and entering scheme we secured the ducts. Something set off the alarm"

"You don't know that it's Jarod. It could be a rat for all you know!"

"We don't have rats at the Center"

"Oh, we have plenty…..I'll be at my office. Call me if it is anything remotely interesting." Sydney walked off, leaving a dumbfounded miss Parker behind.

**************

Jarod was going trough Sidney's desk. He could probably find some information about that kid he was looking for here. Sidney was probably the one taking care of him, he was after all - the most capable psychologist that the Center had. Finally he found something - a box. Jarod sensed that there was something special about this box so he treated it with caution as he put it on the desk. Then he opened it and the things that were inside was every thing that he hadn't expected. The fathers day cards he thought Sidney had thrown away, a birthday present he had once made (Another thing he had though of as thrown away). There was also birthday cards for Jarod from Sidney in there. He had made them even if he knew that Jarod would never see them - it wasn't allowed. Tears were rolling down Jarods face and he sank into the chair. That was how Sidney found him…