Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
 

Helpless
by ~lil*pretender~


There are pretenders among us, Genius with the ability to become anyone they want to be, In 1963 a corporation known as the Center Isolated a young pretender named Jarod and exploded his genius for there research... Then one day their pretender ran away.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Running through the woods, breathless Jarod tried desperately to get away. He runs into an old ware house and locks the door behind him. Listening he hears Parker and the sweepers run by. Finally being able to catch his breath he turns around and goes to sit on the beat up coach that was in there. Tired sour and out of breath Jarod heard some noises from behind him, as he gets up to see what it was he is hit over the head by a bat and falls to the floor. When he looks up he recognizes the three men that are standing there. They were the three sweepers that were with Miss. Parker. As he goes to stand up another sweeper kicks him back to the ground. Over and over again they just kept hitting him and kicking him until he was unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AT THE CENTER

As Miss. Parker walks through the sliding doors she lights a cigarette. Mad and upset that once again they missed Jarod Sydney new not to talk first.

"any luck on where your little lab rat ran off to Syd."

"No he has not contacted me since, sorry Parker."

"yea sure you are,"mumbling under her breath as Broots bounds through the door.

"What is it?"Parker asks...

"your not going to believe what i found out Miss. Parker... The three sweepers that you were with are not sweeper!"

"what do you mean,"grabbing the paper out of Broots' hand.

"well when the sweepers you were with didn't come back with you I did some background checking on them... everyone of them turn out to be hired hit men!"

"what are you saying that they were hired to kill someone at the Center."

"Well not someone and not at the Center... they were hired to kill Jarod!"

Sydney now in a panic says,"Parker we have to do something, they probably have Jarod now."

Parker knowing that what Sydney said is true, she has to go find Jarod before they kill him. But she doesn't know where to start, Jarod could be anywhere right now! Just then the phone ring Sydney goes to answer it"Hello this is Sydney."

"Syd... ney..."

"Jarod is that you? where are you? Are you alright???"

"Sydney I need help. Please... Hurry."

"Jarod i need to know where you are."

"I am at the wear house that Miss. Parker ran by. Please Sydney I don't have a lot of time."

Hanging up the phone Sydney runs to get his coat. Miss Parker asking racing after him know that he is going to go and nothing is going to stand in his way Parker yells out,"I am coming with you."

"Parker i am going to help him and your not coming, all you want is to come so you can bring him in. He is hurt and in no condition to be brought back here."

"Sydney if those men are with Jarod you are going to need help getting passed them... really don't thin that you have a choice in the matter. Broots you stay here and cover for us we will call you if we need any help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AT THE WARE HOUSE

Jarod lying on the floor , lifeless and beaten up he could hear the men coming back into the room.

One of them went over to Jarod and gave him a shot of senidives to make him sleep, right before the medicine kicked in he heard one of the men say,"as soon as he is asleep, we will take him to the lake and do it there."Jarod then fell asleep with no control of being able to stay awake.

Sydney and Parker made it back to the ware house, sitting in the car thinking about how they should get in there without being seen. Parker pulls out a gun and hands it to Sydney but in surprise Sydney has already pulled out a gun and loaded it. Parker always new that Sydney cared about Jarod and although he would never admit it he never wanted Jarod to come back to the Center.

Seeking up to the door of the ware house Parker slowly opened the door. Peeking inside she could see two of the men that were holding Jarod, the third man was gathering the stuff that was laying around and was heading toward the door. Quickly Sydney and Miss. Parker steped back on the stairs and closed the door. As the men came walking out the door Parker walked up behind one of them and placed a gun to their head.

"Let him go or die,"she said.

the man turned around and smiled at Miss. Parker."I knew you would come back to help him,"and went to reach for his gun when parker caulked hers back and said I wouldn't if I were you. Sydney holding the other two men with his gun said to let Jarod go or else he will kill them. The two men threw Jarod to the ground and backed up. Parker then told them to get back into the ware house. Parker then handcuffed them to a poll while Sydney put Jarod in the car. Parker then came out and drove away.

"Where are we suppose to go now, we can't bring him to a hospital he has no record of him even existing."

"I wonder where Jarod was staying, no one would find us there. Pull over real quick, ill see if i can wake him."

Pulling over to the side of the road Parker pulls out a cigarette and gets out of the car. Sydney opens the back door and leans over Jarod,"Jarod.... Jarod.... Jarod its me Sydney,"

"Sydney???"

"Jarod i need to know where you were staying I need to find a place to hide you." Jarod looks up at Sydney, looking into his eyes know that Sydney is not going to bring him back, being able to trust him Jarod tells him,"there's an old building on Storm street, its about a half mile away." Sydney allowing Jarod to go back to sleep gets out of the car and goes over to Miss. Parker.

"Parker I know where the place is we have to get moving."

"Sydney just a sec... what are you going to do with him when he is better... i mean we cant let him go."

" We will worry about that when the time comes. All i want to do now is help him, they hurt him pretty badly."

As a tear came to Sydney's eyes when he looked at Jarod in then car all beaten up parker asked,"you don't want him to come back to the Center do you?"

without answering Sydney walked over to the car and got in. Parker threw her cigarette on the groaned and stepped on it and walked over to the car and started to drive to the place Jarod told Sydney about. When they got there Sydney helped Jarod out of the car. Unable to walk without support Jarod leaned on Sydney and Sydney walked him to his cot that he had for a bed. He laid him down and Jarod fell back asleep in a minuet. Parker looking around in surprise that anyone could live where he was living. She saw one of the little red note books that Jarod always leave for them after one of his pretends, she opened the book and started reading about how a family was torn apart when a little boy was taken from his family for ransom. Then she looked at the article next to it and it said that the little boy was found and the kidnappers were brought to justice by a mysterious man who disappeared. Parker new that the man was Jarod and then handed the book to Sydney and said,"Looks like wonder boy helped another family."

"You know Parker the only reason why he does what he does is because of what happened to him as a little boy."

"yea so I have been told."

"Look I have to go get some stuff to take care of Jarod's woons I'll be gone for a few hours, you think that you can watch him for a while?"

"Like he was one of my own,"Parker says sarcastically.

As Sydney leaves Parker walks over to Jarod to see if he was ok. Looking at Jarod with sorrowful eyes she was thinking to herself that she knows that Jarod could be a pain in the butt sometimes but looking at him like this she knew he didn't deserve what happened to him as a little boy and what his life has been the last 3 years. Parker then walked over to the couch and sat down. A few minuets later Jarod started to stir, he kept saying"No don't do it"in his sleep. Parker knew that he must be having a nightmare. Then Jarod jumped up and his heart was pounding, and he was sweating. He looked confused and didn't know where he was. Then he looked around the room and then he saw Miss. Parker. Not knowing that she came with Sydney he jumped out of his bed and ran to the door, but Parker beet him there.

"where are you going?"

as Jarod feel to the floor in pain he said,"Miss. Parker what are you doing here... where is Sydney???"

"He had to go get some stuff to clean you up, he will be back in a little while."

Jarod then tried to get up, moaning in pain he got himself to his feet. He walked over to the cowch and sat down. Parker fallowed him but did not sit down, she stood in front of him waiting for him to say something. Jarod finally got his breath back from walking and then looked up at Parker.

"so why are you here, I am surprised you didn't convince Sydney to take me back when you had your chance."

parker looked at him and said,"there is still time."

Then Jarod went to get up again and Parker asked,"Where are you going now you cant even walk without being in pain."

"I have to go get something is that alright with you."

Parker looked at him, she knows he has every right to be angry. His whole life when he wasn't in the Center she was chasing him. He never exactly had a free life. After Jarod got his lap to he sat back down on the couch. He opened it up and started typing.

"what are you doing?" Parker asked.

"I am just reading up on what's going on."

Parker new that he was up to something but she couldn't figure out what it was. She went behind and started to read what was on the screen. In big bold letters it said, LOST TWELVE YEAR OLD BOY. Jarod then printed out the article and was reading up on it. The investigation was only 15 minuets away from where he was. Parker looked at him and she knew exactly what he was thinking.

"Jarod you are not going."

"Miss. Parker this little boy needs my help, I have to find him."

"Jarod first of all you are in no condition to be doing anything and second Sydney is going to be back here in a little while and once you are better you are coming back."

Jarod looked at her with worried eyes. Just then Sydney walked in.

"Jarod you are awake."

"unfortunately and looked at Miss. Parker." She knew what he meant by then but just ignored him.

"How are you feeling? I bought some stuff that will clean up those cuts and stuff."

"Thank you Sydney."Then he took the things from Sydney and started to clean
some of the cuts that he had on him. Then he took off his shirt to clean one
of the cuts that he had. Sydney looked over at him and saw a huge bruise
along his ribs.

"Jarod I think that you might have broken a few ribs."

"yea I know."Jarod said painfully

Parker then walked over to see how bad the bruise was. Every time she touched his rib he bent over in pain.

"I think that I might have an ace bandage in the car let me go get it."

Just as Parker walked out Sydney found the article that Jarod had printed out. He had read what it said and asked Jarod what he was going to do.

"I cant do anything... Miss. Parker wont let me out of her sight and already told me that when i was better she was going to take me back. Why did you bring her anyway Syd."

"I didn't exactly bring her she said that she was coming with me because she knew that I was going to need to need help getting passed those men. You already showed her this article?"

"No she was just reading it when I was and I didn't realize it at the time."

Just then Parker walked back in with the ace bandage. She walked over to Jarod and started to wrap the bandage around his rib cage, trying not to push too hard because it hurt Jarod to much to even touch it.

"there its done."she said as she pushed herself back to her feet.

"I am going to go lay back down for a while I am feeling kinda dizzy."Jarod said as he walked back into the room with the bed.

"Parker I need to talk to you"

"I know what you are going to say Sydney and its not going to happen, I am not letting Jarod out of my site."

"but Parker there is a little boy out there missing and you know there is no one that can find him like Jarod can, he will find him and bring him back home."

"yea and in the process take off and then the chasing begins again."

"well what if you were with him?"

"what do you mean you want me to go on a pretend with him??"

"Yes, if he can fool people into thinking that she is someone else why cant he do the same for you. I mean you already have that instinct that cops have so its not like you have to become anyone else but yourself plus you will have Jarod in your site all the time. Come on Parker its to help a little boy get back with his family."

"Fine i will do it under one condition... we bring him back right after."

"Fine. I'll go tell Jarod the plan."

"Jarod,"Sydney called out."Jarod i have convinced Parker to let you take this case but under one condition."

"what's that?"

"that she be with you through the whole thing. Introduce her as your partner and she will be with you the entire time."

Thinking about this deal Jarod thought of the bad that could happen and how he would pull it off but then he thought that now he has a chance to reunite a family again even if the cost was Parker fallowing him around.

"Ok I will do it, but she cant get in the way it has to be my way or our cover will be blown."

"she will, we already talked about it." Sydney said,"now get some sleep so you will be ready for tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AT THE CENTER

Broots is sitting at his computer, now with no sleep for the past 24 hours not knowing where Miss. Parker and Sydney were. Then suddenly he was startled by the noise of Mr. Raines oxygen take coming into the room.

"where is Sydney and Miss. Parker."he asked in his breathless voice.

"umm... I..I don't know. I haven't heard from then in a while, they said that they were on a pursuit of Jarod and that was the last I heard from them."

Mr Raines walk out in a hurry and very angry. Broots new that they had to get back there soon or eles they were going to get in trouble, not with just the Center, also the Triumphet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AT JAROD'S HIDEOUT

It was six o'clock in the morning when Parker was woken up by Jarod. When she opened her eyes she saw him getting ready and dressed in a suit and tie. He looked like a F.B.I. agent, which was what he was suppose to look like.

"Are you ready to go on your first pretend Miss. Parker."Jarod asked with a little smirk on his face that said welcome to my world.

"As ready as I'll ever be,"getting up and reaching for a cigarette.

"Good here is your new identity. You new name is Agent Jones and you have been in the F.B.I. for six years. Any questions?"

"Yea couldn't you have picked a better name."she said sarcastically.

Jarod looked at her and walked over to Sydney.

"Syd you might want to head back to the Center before the start suspecting that something is up. If they ask where Miss. Parker is tell hem that you haven't seen her and that you got split up chasing me."

"alright Jarod, but if you need any help you call."

Jarod shook his head in agreement and they left. It was about two hours later when they arrived at the crime scene. Jarod and Parker stood at the crime scene, Jarod looked around and he had flashbacks of when he was taken from his family but was interupted by another agent.

"Excuse me are you the two agents that they sent down from Washington?"

"Yes I am Agent Gibson and this is my partner Agent Jones. We were sent here because of a kidnaping."

"yea that's right a 12 year old boy was taken last night out of his room. There is no evidence of a struggle and the parents have no idea where he could be."

The Agent then walked Parker and Jarod into he boys room where the incident took place. He told them that the boy was working on his computer last night when his mom tucked him in and the next morning he was gone. Then he left to go investigate some more.

"why would anyone take a child?"Parker asked almost forgetting who she was talking to.

"I don't know,"Jarod said,"that questions been bugging me for 30 years." then he turned away and looked at the crime scene. He realized that the boys picture of his father and him was smashed. He asked the mother if there was a  fight that took place anytime during the week that would make him want to run away. The mother just said that there was a chess match that his father wanted him to go to but he wanted to do something else so his father didn't let him go.

Then Jarod went over to check the computer. He read an email that was sent to the boy the same night. It was asking him if he wanted to meet go play a game of chess. Jarod then knew that the boy was set up in to being brought to a place to play chess. Jarod got up and without even telling the other agents on the scene what he had found him and Parker drove to the place that the boy met the man on the computer. Jarod looked around for some sort of evidence but he didn't find any. Then Jarod started to do what he knew best to do, He became the boy. Parker stood there in complete amassment as to what Jarod was doing. She knew what Jarod was capable of doing as a pretender but she never seen it really happen.

"The boy came here and he met the man. He was surprised when he saw him because he was a lot older than he said he was. Then he was put in the car and drove that way."Pointing north. Then Jarod woke up from his pretend.  Parker saw the hurt in Jarods eyes. She knew that this case was going to bring back memories but she didn't think that it was going to affect her on an emotional level. It was getting late so Jarod and Parker headed back to Jarod's hide out. Jarod though maybe he could do some work on his computer and try and find a connection with some other cases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BACK AT THE CENTER

"Sydney where have you been? Raines is going nuts that you and Parker aren't
here!"

"Did you tell him anything???"

"NO what could I tell him I didn't know anything."

"Good."

Just then Raines walked in.

"Where is Parker?"

"I don't know we were chasing Jarod though the woods and we got separated, I thought she was back here already." Raines walked out of the room in discuss.

"Where is Parker?"Broots asked.

"She is with Jarod, there was a boy that was kidnaped and Parker told him that if she goes with him on this case then she is going to bring him in after."

"He is going to allow her to do that?"

"I don't think he has a chose, if he gets away maybe, but she is acting like a shadow on him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AT THE WARE HOUSE

Jarod was at a table with his laptop in front of him. Going through the F.B.I. files searching for a connection. Miss. Parker was walking back and forth across the floor thinking about what had happen and just what the hell she was doing helping Jarod.

"Miss. Parker sit down your making me nervous."Jarod said sarcastically.

"Shut up Jarod, if you weren't so hell bent on fixing all the wrong you would be back at the Center right now and I would be packing for a vacation."

"So I take it that you are leaving once I get back."Jarod looks up from his computer.

"what you thought I was going to stick around for you to escape again and me being stuck chasing you."

"No... but how are you so sure that they are going to let you leave?""we had an agreement that's how."Parker snapped back.

Jarod just went back to work on his computer."Have you found anything yet?"

Miss. Parker asked in frustration. "Well i found one case, there was a boy that was taken from his family about 20 years ago and he was never found. No sign of forced entry and there hasn't been a sign of the boy since. The only similarities was that the boy was also the top of his class, Intelligent." Jarod thought for a moment..."you don't think that it is possible that the boy that was taken 20 years ago could have kidnaped him do you?"Parker asked.

"It is very likely that who ever kidnaped this boy 20 years ago could have trained him to kidnap other children so he wasn't caught.

"So what's the name of this boy that was kidnaped 20 years ago?"

"His name is Theodore Read, he was 12 years old went he was taken which would make him 32 now."Jarod sat back in his chair and thought of what to do next."

"Well were do we go from here?"Parker asked. Jarod looked at her with a thoughtful look and did not answer.

13 Forge Pond RD (the boys house)

Jarod and Miss. Parker and in the boys room looking for more clues. Jarod jumps on the boys computer and looks at all his sent mail. One e-mail was from the kidnaper. As he read it he found out that the mans name was indeed Theodore. Jarod automatically came to the conclusion that it was the same person that was kidnaped 20 years ago. In the e-mail it Jarod found out that Theodore gave the boy his old address when they were talking about the different places that they lived in. Jarod got up from the computer and headed to the car.

"Jarod where are we going?"Miss. Parker demanded to know. "We are going to where Theodore use to live."

A few hours later they got there. By this time it was dark out and the house was dark. Jarod got out of the car and went to the trunk of his car. There he got a flash light and to Parkers surprise Jarod pulled out a gun.

"What do you think you are doing with that?"Parker sneered.

"Look its for my own protection, I don't know what 20 years of being kidnaped could have done to this guy."Miss. Parker looked at him and said,"one wrong move with that and ill put a bullet in your knee cap."

Jarod looked at her and gave her a No you wouldn't look and started to walk up to the house. Carefully opening the door he saw a shadow run to the back of the house. As he runs out the front door he yells to Parker,"I'm going around back."Running to the back door he sees Theodore run out the door. Jarod chases him as he jumps and tackled him the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POLICE STATION

"Where did you find his?"Asked one of the agents.

"I went to one of his old home, the last one that he lived in. He e-mailed Simon and told him where his last house was."

Looking at Theodore through the window of the interrogation room Jarod could relate to him in ways. Just then a psychiatrist walked in.

"Hello my name is Doctor Katz."

"Hello nice to meet you."Jarod said giving her a warm smile."This is agent Jones and I am agent Gibson."

"Hi nice to meet you. Is this Theodore?"

"Yes it is."Jarod said.

"How long has he been here?"

"About 3 hours. I was just going to go in and ask him some questions."

Jarod then walked into the interrogation room and sat on the chair at the other end of the table."Hello Theodore my name is Jarod, How are you today?"

As Jarod looked at the man he was eagerly trying to get out of the handcuffs that had him cuffed to the chair."I want to go home."He said with a lump in his throat.

"Well first I need to ask you some questions. Think you can answer them for me?" Theodore didn't answer.

"Do you know a boy named Simon?"Jarod asked. Theodore reminded silent.

"Theodore it is very important that you tell me where Simon is." Jarod begged.

"I cant say."

"Why cant you say?"

"Father...."

"What about father... Theodore."

He reminded silent again."Theodore what about father?" He just looked away  and didn't answer the question. Jarod then took out a picture and handed it to Theodore.

"Is this you Theodore?"

He took the picture and looked at it as if he never saw the boy in the picture before. Jarod looked at the tinted window where he new Dr. Katz and Parker where watching, along with a few other agents.

Sitting at a table right out side the interrogation room Dr. Katz was talking to the others as Jarod watched Theodore.

"Why cant he answer any of the questions?"one of the agents asked. As Dr. Katz started to explain,"because it seems like he was programed to shut down when a question that the kidnaper that kidnaped him didn't want answered."

"But why is that, why cant he just answer them now that he is back to living on his own and his kidnapper released him?"

"because it is very possible that the kidnaper had also programed Theodore to do his work for him. He may have released him but Theodore is still being controlled by him."

As Jarod still looked at Theodore through the window Parker knew that all of this was bringing back bad memories for him. As the doctor continued,"When a child is taken from his family he loses all sense of what's real and what's not."then interrupted by Jarod who turns around with a depressed look on his face,"His loyalties changed, his own identity so corrupted he doesn't know who he is anymore."

"How do you know all this." the doctor asks as Jarod ignores the question and goes back to watching Theodore. However Miss. Parker knew exactly how Jarod knew all this. Looking at him thinking of what his life must have been and still is like, not ever knowing who your parents are or where you came from. Even though her mother was dead she at least knew who she was.

The ride back to Jarods hide out was a quit trip. Jarod kept thinking about Theodore and how he is going to be able to find Simon. Miss. Parker just kept thinking about the look on Jarods face when he was staring at Theodore. She couldn't help but feel bad.

"Jarod can I ask you a question?"

"shoot."

"why do you do it?"

"what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Why do you push yourself to help all these people when others would just turn and look the other way."

"Cause... thats why. when people look away it doesn't help. Plus I have to."

As he stares at the road and Miss. Parker knowing exactly what he meant by he has to.

"Jarod what happened was not your fault... you didn't know."

"But i should have, I should have know that everything associate with the Center was bad, I should have never performed those Sims."As a tear rolls down Jarods cheek.

Parker looked at him with tears filling her eyes but would never let Jarod see her cry. When they finally got back to the ware house Jarod fell asleep on the coach. Parker then picked up her cell phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BACK AT THE CENTER

"Hello this is Sydney..."

"Syd its me."

"Parker is everything alright?"

"yea just peachy, how is everything on the home front?"

"well Mr. Raines it pretty pissed that your not here but don't worry I didn't what Jarod told me to do. How is he by the way."

"Oh he is fine just a lot of bad memories coming back."

"I was afraid of that."

"alright well I got to go Syd call if anything goes wrong."
and then hangs up.

That night Miss. Parker woke up to Jarod screaming. She ran to his room and he was having a night mare, Parker knew it must have been about when he was little and he was taken from his family. He kept screaming,"NO! NO! DON'T...STOP!!!" Then he woke up and jumped up and saw Parker sitting there trying to wake him up. Breathless he covered his face with his hands as he tried to get his breath back.

"Are you alright?"Miss. Parker asked in a senser voice.

Jarod looked at her with tears forming in his eyes, he shook his head,"just give me a minuet." Parker then gets up and walks to the other side of the room. Jarod then picks up a Pez dispenser and takes a piece out. Parker looked at him and smiled."there very good."he says with a smile back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POLICE STATION

Jarod is sitting again with Doctor Katz and he comes up with an idea.

"What if we let Theodore go?"

"WHAT are you crazy!!"the doctor screamed.

"No just hear me out... if we let him go he is eventually going to go back to where Simon is being held because that's where his father is... so we will just fallow him.

Doctor Katz thought for a minuet,"It might work, but how are we going to be sure that he will go there?"

"He will just trust me."Jarod said with a half smile across his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BACK AT THE CENTER

Lyle comes running into Sydneys office."Sydney we found Parker, we think that she is with  Jarod."

"How did you find her??"

"She made a call from her cell phone and we traced from where it was coming from. So we had some people look up some possible head lines that Jarod would be at and what would you know there was a kidnaping with Jarod's name written all over it."

Sydney hurried after Lyle and told him that he was going to come to and they started to drive to the jet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Jarod and Miss. Parker fallowed Theodore to a house only a few miles from where they caught him Jarod saw the house that he was walking to. It was all alone in the woods and dark. Jarod got out of the car and walked up to Theodore. Then another agent came up and put Theordore back in the car. Jarod then took his gun out and was about to go inside when he saw Miss. Parker fallowing."Parker stay here, I don't want you getting hurt in there."

"Yea nice try there boy genius but I am coming." Jarod then turned to walk inside went something hit him over the head. Jarod then fell to the floor with a loud thump. Parker then aimed her gun at whoever hit Jarod as he got back up to his feet. Then aimed then hit the gun out of Parkers hand and knocked her down. Jarod then tackled the man and threw him to the ground hitting him over and over again screaming ,"NO MORE!"then the other agents came in and grabbed Jarod and tore him off the man. Then they cuffed the man and brought him back outside. Jarod then got up and ran to the back of the room where he found Simon and untied him from the chair and held him telling him it will be alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BACK AT THE POLICE STATION

Simons parents were waiting as Jarod opened the door to the car to let Simon out. He ran to his parents as he gave them a huge, Jarod was standing by watching with joy thinking if that were only him and his parents. When everyone left Jarod and Miss. Parker were walking back to their car when Parker said,"well its time Jarod."As he looked at her with helpless eyes and said,"yea I know."Just then he saw Lyle, Sam., and Sydney walking up the street. Jarod told Miss. Parker that they were there with a scared look on his face. All he could do is stand there and wait to be taken back. Parker pulled her gun out and pointed it right at Jarods chest. With a confused look on his face Jarod started shaking. Parker looked at him and said,"sorry Jarod you have to come back."

Just then Lyle, Sam, and Sydney came walking up.

"Good work sis."Lyle said with a smirk on his face."Sam cuff him."

sam then walked up to Jarod and threw him up against the car and cuffed him, ignoring the moan that came from Jarod when he was threw up against the car. Sam then turned him around to face Lyle."well looks like you are finally coming back home huh rat boy."

Jarod just stared at Lyle and then spit in his face. Lyle then punched him in the stomach as Jarod fell down to his knees in pain.

"Lyle just leave him alone."Parker said with sorrow in hear voice. Lyle looked at her and told Sam to put him in the car.

"Lyle I want him to ride with me and Syd."Parker demanded.

"why?"he snarled back.

"because you'll end up killing him before he even gets back to the Center the way your treating him."

Lyle agreed to let him ride with Parker and Sydney but he told her that he was going to be right behind them the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the car parker kept looking back at Jarod looking into his eyes she can see he is already depressed. There was no hope left in his eyes and no emotions, they were blank. While they were driving Sydney tried to talk to Jarod but he would not talk.

"Jarod why wont you talk to me?"

"Because Sydney as much as you like to deniye it you are apart of this as much as they are."Jarod said in a harsh voice.

Just then a bullet went flying through the back window barley missing Jarod. Parker skidded off the road but regained her control. When she was back on the road and looked out her window into the car. It was the three sweepers that were hired to kill Jarod.

"Shoot!"Parker yelled as she looked out the back window and saw that Lyles car had been pushed to the side of the road and all their tires were flat."

what to I do??"she yelled.

"Parker give me the keys to the hand cuffs."Jarod demanded.

"Yea like I am going to listen to you."

"Parker please."Sydney begged."he can help.

Finally she tossed Jarod the keys as he unlocked the cuffs. Parker was still trying to stay away from the car next to them so they couldn't shoot into the car. Parker then swerved towards the car and knocked them off road Jarod then took out is gun that Parker forgot to take away and shot one of their tires. Then they sped away. Finally they made it to the 1st rest stop that they could find and got out of the car. Jarod a little nervous about what just happened got out of the car and walk to the back by the trunk away from Sydney and Parker.  Sydney walked back by Jarod.

"are you ok Jarod?"

"Fine Syd, I am just being forced to go back to a place i hate, I am being shot at and all I want to do is have a normal life. But I guess that's never going to happen!!"

Sydney looked at his pretender in a lose. he didn't know what to do he couldn't let him go because Miss. Parker is right there and the Center would kill him if he did. But on the other hand he wanted to let Jarod go and didn't care what happened to him.

They walked into the rest stop to get something to eat. On the way in Parker walked up behind Jarod and took his gun."I don't make the same mistake twice. If you make one move in here it over."Jarod nodded his head and walked in. He sat on a stool at the counter. Sydney sat next to him on one side and Miss. Parker sat on the other side of him. She told Sydney to order her a coffee and then walked away to a pay phone. Sydney asked Jarod what he wanted and he told him nothing.

While Miss. Parker was on the phone Sydney sat there with Jarod drinking his coffee when all of a sudden three men walked in behind them and placed a gun to Jarods back.

"Get up and walk out back."one of them said.

Jarod got up fallowed by Sydney and walked out the door and around back. The three men then told Sydney to back away from Jarod and they pointed a gun right at Jarod. Jarod taking a deep breath and holding it. Then he heard a shot go off but he wasn't shot. He opened his eyes and saw Miss. Parker had shot one of them and then knocked the other two out. Just then Jarod saw Lyle pull up in a tow truck and started to run. Parker then fired a shot into the air and Jarod stopped in his tracks. He turned around and Parker threw him keys.

"get out of here before you are caught again."with a confused look on his face Jarod took the Keys and ran to the front and jumped in the car as Lyle and Sam went inside. Jarod then drove off without being seen.

Parker and Sydney walked inside again and Lyle asked where Jarod was. "He got away. The men that were hired to kill him came and took him out back, by the time I got there he was gone and the men were down."

"how did he get out of here with no car??"He asked furiously. "he must have took mine out of my pocket when I wasn't looking.

BACK AT THE CENTER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raines comes walking in Miss. Parkers office.

"How did Jarod get away this time."he snarled

"well mybe if you stopped hiring hitmen to kill Jarod then we would have had him."she said angrily. Raines walked out with his foot in his mouth.

"Sydney I am going home I am tired."

"Ok... Parker?"
"yea Syd."

"why did you do it?"he asked in a confused manor.

Parker looked at him and smiled and said,"Did what and walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MISS. PARKERS HOUSE

: RING RING RING:

"what."

"Its me."

"Jarod, are you alright?"

"yea... now... thanx to you. why did you do it?"

"Because Jarod after watching you do what you did for that family made me realize that you are need more out there than in the Center. Besides i am not just ready to leave the Center... I still have questions that need to be answered."

"Well whatever your reason was... Thank you."
 
 
 

THE END HOPE YOU ENJOYED :-)

Feedback please