Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Epilogue

Six months later Parker and Jarod stood in the Centre’s labyrinth of gardens and smiled at each other. The warm September sun was at its zenith as they stood in the shade of an old stand of oak trees. The members of their combined Centre and non-Centre family’s watched as old Father Moore finally got to perform the ceremony he had waited over three decades to perform.

The Centre’s mission statement was truth now, and with Parker as Chairwoman (for the Parker’s had always run the Centre) and Jarod the Chairman of the Ethics Committee that had taken the place of the Triumvirate, the evils of the past had no chance of repetition. Not that either were taking any chances.

Raines and Lyle were gone, both had died the fateful day six months before. The dark secrets of the Centre were slowly coming to light and with times all was becoming more right in the world.

And now under the bright sun the loneliness and terror felt by both Parker and Jarod nine months before was a mere memory as they repeated vows that their hearts had made when they were mere children, lonely and lost in the depths of the Centre.

Margaret wasn’t completely sure of her son’s choice in a wife, but she had to admit they were at least making their relationship, and family, official. A fact which made her feel somewhat better about the whole thing. Besides, she was slowly coming to love Parker as a daughter, even if the exasperating woman did try her patience at times.

For Sydney though, giving away his “daughter” was one of the moments he knew he would always treasure. The vows he had little interest in, he knew that these two needed no vows made here; they had been dedicated to each other for years. But the moment that spoke to him the most of who Parker and Jarod were, and of the long tumultuous relationship they shared, occurred as the couple danced together for the first time as husband and wife, to the song chosen by a perceptive Debbie Broots. The pair danced to a song from the new musical Wicked, a song entitled “For Good,” and as he watched his children laughing and talking quietly as they danced, Sydney knew all was finally right in the world and the Camelot he had dreamed of as a young boy had finally come.

JMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMP

The ties to Hell that haunted them all were cut. The children of the Centre were free of the Hell that had ruled their lives and were now able to stand in the light and create for others what had been stolen from them.

They were out of Hell and created in its place a paradise where hope was commonplace, and a Rat and his Huntress ruled.

Finite

These are the Lyrics to “For Good,” I did not write them and I do not own any part of the show Wicked, although I would dearly love too.

ELPHABA
You're the only friend I've ever had.
GLINDA
And I've had so many friends. But only one-- that mattered.
(sings)

I'VE HEARD IT SAID
THAT PEOPLE COME INTO OUR LIVES FOR A REASON
BRINGING SOMETHING WE MUST LEARN
AND WE ARE LED
TO THOSE WHO HELP US MOST TO GROW
IF WE LET THEM
AND WE HELP THEM IN RETURN
WELL, I DON'T KNOW IF I BELIEVE THAT'S TRUE
BUT I KNOW I'M WHO I AM TODAY
BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...
LIKE A COMET PULLED FROM ORBIT
AS IT PASSES A SUN
LIKE A STREAM THAT MEETS A BOULDER
HALFWAY THROUGH THE WOOD
WHO CAN SAY IF I'VE BEEN CHANGED FOR THE BETTER?
BUT BECAUSE I KNEW YOU
I HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR GOOD …

ELPHABA
IT WELL MAY BE
THAT WE WILL NEVER MEET AGAIN
IN THIS LIFETIME
SO LET ME SAY BEFORE WE PART
SO MUCH OF ME
IS MADE OF WHAT I LEARNED FROM YOU
YOU'LL BE WITH ME
LIKE A HANDPRINT ON MY HEART
AND NOW WHATEVER WAY OUR STORIES END
I KNOW YOU HAVE RE-WRITTEN MINE
BY BEING MY FRIEND...

LIKE A SHIP BLOWN FROM ITS MOORING
BY A WIND OFF THE SEA
LIKE A SEED DROPPED BY A SKYBIRD
IN A DISTANT WOOD
WHO CAN SAY IF I'VE BEEN CHANGED FOR THE BETTER?
BUT BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...

GLINDA
BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...

BOTH
BECAUSE I KNEW YOU
I HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR GOOD...

ELPHABA
AND JUST TO CLEAR THE AIR
I ASK FORGIVENESS
FOR THE THINGS I'VE DONE YOU BLAME ME FOR

GLINDA
BUT THEN, I GUESS WE KNOW
THERE'S BLAME TO SHARE

BOTH
AND NONE OF IT SEEMS TO MATTER ANYMORE
___
[They sing simultaneously]

GLINDA
LIKE A COMET PULLED FROM
ORBIT/AS IT PASSES A SUN/
LIKE A STREAM THAT MEETS A
BOULDER/ HALF-WAY
THROUGH THE WOOD

ELPHABA
LIKE A SHIP BLOWN OFF ITS
MOORING/BY A WIND OFF THE
SEA/ LIKE A SEED DROPPED BY A
BIRD IN
THE WOOD
___

BOTH
WHO CAN SAY IF I'VE BEEN CHANGED FOR THE BETTER?
I DO BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR THE BETTER

GLINDA
AND BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...

ELPHABA
BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...

BOTH
BECAUSE I KNEW YOU...
I HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR GOOD.