Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 12

By the end of the next week, the family was prepared to separate. Each knew their part and all had received medallions to identify themselves to other Centre rebels. The only thing they didn’t yet know was the “secret,” Parker had not yet told them her first name, a fact that Jarod teased her relentlessly about.

Finally on the last night all would be at the farmhouse, they were leaving in stages over the next several days, Parker revealed her final secret, as they sat at the kitchen table during the midst of another chaotic meal for the large family.

“So, Parker are you going to tell them? OR do I get to?” Jarod teased.

“Do I go around babbling your secrets Rat? I thought not,” she shot back, smirking when he couldn’t think of a time when she had revealed one of his secrets.

“Still Parker, they need to know, or were you planning to tell them at the last possible second?”

“Did it ever occur to you that I have been putting this putting this off because I don’t like my first name?”

“That doesn’t make sense,” Ryan cut into their good-natured squabbling. “If you don’t like your name then why use it as the password for an underground rebellion that encompasses hundreds of people?” he asked, extremely confused, a state of mind that the young pretender despised.

“Because it’s something that only Mr. Parker, my mother, Jarod, and I knew anyway. I don’t like it, but since only three living people were supposed to know my name, it made it the perfect choice. Besides if people had to guess the password, it’s the one thing they would never guess,” Parker explained.

“I’ll say,” Jarod muttered under his breath.

“I heard that.”

“Heard what?” Jarod asked, putting on his ‘I’m innocent/Trust me’ face.’

Parker glared at him, making him gulp and go pale, Jarod was certain that men had died from those blue-grey eyes alone, and then there was the sharpness of her tongue, which hadn’t dulled in the least.

“So what is your first name Sister?” Ethan asked, his question breaking the spell and allowing Jarod to tear his eyes away from Parker’s.

“Marie,” was her one word answer before she went back to feeding Ben and mock arguing with Jarod.

JMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMP

With word sent to the necessary people to get into place Parker, Jarod, and Ben said their farewells to the departing members of the Russell family. The three Centre escapee’s would be the last to leave the old farmhouse. Finally with Margaret and the Major off to England, Ryan off to Seattle, and Emily and Ethan off to Tokyo, Parker and Jarod said goodbye to their own small family’s first home. With a quick stop in West Virginia to leave Ben with his caretakers and other family members of the Centre rebels, the huntress and the hunted boarded a flight to Africa.

Once there final preparations were made and jittery nerves on the part of both were calmed. The days of the Centre’s evil were ticking down slowly, and all too soon, or perhaps not soon enough, it was what one of the Centre rebels called “C-Day.”

At all the major Centre locations the key player s lead swift and efficient takeovers, and in Africa, Parker and Jarod walked calmly and purposefully into a meeting of the Triumvirate.

The three members of the most powerful organization in the world, secret or otherwise, stood no chance when faced with the determined parents. All three had been terrified of what could happen if friendship blossomed between the two when they were children when they had seen Parker and Jarod meet in the sexuality experiment that in truth had been so much more than an experiment in simple human sexuality. Now over thirty years later, they faced what they had feared.

The prophecy come true.

A force so strong that nothing could stop it; a force fed not just by friendship, but a complex mix of friendship, love, respect, desire, and need.

Faced with a woman who would do whatever it would take to protect her child. A woman so like her mother but with the strength to not only finish what her mother had started, but the force of will and strength of will to do what was necessary, to go wherever she had to, to complete the work, the Triumvirate were powerless.

Faced with a man who could go anywhere, be anyone, even without knowing who he was. A man who had the strength of character to care about others and fight for those who couldn’t fight for themselves; a man who would do what was necessary to protect his family and those he loved, even if it meant he could not be with them, the Triumvirate were powerless.

They had thought that they controlled these two, had manipulated and tortured them since childhood and now faced with the destruction of generations worth of work, the Triumvirate had to bow to destiny. Their creation of a Hell on earth had produced plenty of daemons and horsemen; but it had also produced four beings with the power to destroy them. Four archangels who possessed the power, the will, and the strength of character to destroy the Centre’s Hell. And two of those archangels stood tall and determined, one a vision of angelic beauty and grace in a short white skirt and long tailored jacket, the other a force of determination and power in black leather. Gabriel and Michael stood before them and they knew that Raphael and the oft-forgotten Uriel were out and fighting under the direction of these two.

And so the Triumvirate had no choice but to hand over their power. After all, despite all their attempts to retain their power, they all knew one part of the prophecy perfectly:
“That there should come two being born of light and raised in the darkest corner of Hell. A Genevieve and Arthur who have a bond far stronger than that of the pair of old; a pair who will not only destroy the Hell in which they were raised, but raise in its place a Camelot like the world has never known.