Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer in part 2

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is a very short part—I just wanted you all to know what was happening. I'll work on it some more when my brain gets going. Originally, I planned on them getting off the island easily, but because of some cool feedback I got, I decided to add a "plot" to my story. Wow. Gotta love fan fiction! –when you can just do whatever you want!




"PARADISE---ALMOST"

part 4
by Rachel






Jarod got to the others quickly and held his hands up for them to take notice. "Listen, everyone."

"I hear a boat!" Jennie exclaimed.

"That's right, Jennie." Jarod said smiling. "That boat is going to take us back."

Everyone got on their feet and faced the water, anticipating the boat's arrival. The roar got closer and closer and soon they saw a big beam of light come around the bend. The light shone on the castaways and they squinted to see the rescue boat.

"Hello! Everyone!!" The voice boomed happily from the vessel. Sydney and Broots looked at each other bewilderedly. That voice sounded very familiar. Jaord knew exactly who it was. The others hugged each other and jumped for joy. Jarod had a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach and he couldn't decide what to do. Should he run? Should he face him? What will that monster do to these people if he ran off? Jarod decided to stand his ground and figure out another way to escape when the people are safe back in the mainland.

Miss Parker heard the voice and cursed. "What the hell is he doing here?" She decided to wait before returning to the group.

Everyone waited as a lifeboat, with its three passengers, landed on the shore. The two men came on shore first, concealing the identity of the third man. When the group saw them, they fell silent and stepped back in fear. It was Drake and Stan and they held guns that were pointed at Jarod. The two men parted and the man in the shadows appeared with a smug look on his face.

"Hello! People! Good to see everyone safe and sound. So? Where's sis?"

"I'm right here, Lyle." Miss Parker spoke as she stepped out of the darkness. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Why, I'm here to rescue you. Heard you were all stuck on this awful island." Lyle's fake sweetness was fueling Miss Parker and Jarod's anger. Besides, thought you might need some help retrieving our prized Pretender." Turning serious, Lyle's evil core surfaced. "Now, get in the boat, Jarod. Mr. Broots! Sydney! You, too!" Lyle ordered. "Sis?"

"Don't. Ever. Call. Me. Sis" Miss Parker said slowly as she walked toward the raft.

"What about us?" The Captain questioned.

"What about you?" Lyle questioned back.

"Is-is th-there another rescue boat coming?" Tom asked nervously.

"Oh! You mean from that distress call the Captain sent? That we intercepted?" Drake and Stan looked at Mr. Lyle and started laughing.

"Tell you what, " Lyle began, "why don't you all turn around so you don't see the bullets coming?"

"No!" Miss Parker and Jarod shouted simultaneously. Miss Parker then stood in front of Lyle. Jarod tried to join her but Stan and Drake held him back.

"Listen, Lyle. These people know nothing. And when they get back home, they won't tell anyone anything." Miss Parker turned around to look at the group, her eyes pleading for them to trust her. "Right?!"

"RIGHT!" Everyone responded quickly.

"There's no need for bloodshed. We've got Jarod." Miss Parker bargained.

Lyle looked at Miss Parker and smiled. "Fine………Sis." Miss Parker clenched her fists and took a long, deep breath, taking every ounce of control she had to not shoot Lyle.