Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the characters of Jarod, Miss Parker, Sydney, and Broots--besides, it could never really happen this way on the show cause there are no "shippers" amongst the Powers that be. Please don't sue me. Thank you.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know, I know, another "shipper" story. But hey, I love them so that's all I can write. There's no angst (I simply cannot write angst effectively).---Just mush and romance, jealousy and catfights, and Jarod in his unbuttoned shirt! (Or shirtless at times!) Oh, and there's also a story in there, I think! Just read and tell me your opinion. If you're rolling your eyes at this story, DON'T tell me what you think. The prologue is given cause I'm too lazy to write how they got in the situation. Also, I have no knowledge of storms in the sea, or boats, or swimming in the ocean, so forgive me if I'm not accurate. Okay, I'll shut up now.

PROLOGUE: Miss Parker and company acts on a lead on Jarod and find him boarding a tour boat in Hawaii. Without his knowledge, the three hunters (Miss P. Broots, and Sydney), board also and corners Jarod when they set sail. THEN… an unexpected storm (conveniently) hits and this is where we find our beloved foursome……..



"PARADISE---ALMOST"
by Rachel




The twelve passengers of the tour boat huddled in the main cabin, by orders of the captain, while the big waves beat at the side of the boat. Everyone held on to something to keep from being thrown across the room from the bumpy ride. Miss Parker was nauseated at the fact that she was stuck in this room with eleven other losers, Jarod across from her, and she can't do a damn thing about anything. The captain has advised for everyone to stay close together to make it easy to keep everyone accounted for and the fact that it was safer than being outside in the storm. Miss Parker surveyed the room and studied each one to see who and what she's up against. She caught Jarod's eyes and realized he was doing the same thing.

"Oh Jarod, I'm so scared!" Linda, a woman in her thirties, attractive, blond, clung on to Jarod's arm. Jarod reassured her that they were going to be fine, patting her hand that held him. Miss Parker rolled her eyes in disgust. She didn't buy the blond's phony act of fear. Any idiot can see that she was only desperate for Jarod's attention.

Miss Parker was amused at Jarod's reaction. He seemed quite uncomfortable. Miss Parker resumed surveying the room. There was a man in his late thirties: glasses, meek disposition, scared like a rat.

"Probably his first vacation," Miss Parker thought. Then she let out a slight chuckle at the sight of him sitting next to Broots.

"Hmm, they could be brothers!" Broots and the man wore similar Hawaiian-type shirts. Then Miss Parker noticed Sydney looking quite pale.

"Syd? Are you okay? You're not looking too good."

"I'll be fine, Parker, as soon as the boat quits rocking."

"I'm just glad I'm not sitting next to you." Miss Parker commented.

There was an elderly couple who held on to each other for comfort. Miss Parker stared at them, marveling at the sense of security they offered each other.

There was a young couple with their 5-year old daughter that held each other in a tight embrace. There's the girl in her twenties, sitting next to her, plain, very nervous, kind face. The girl looked up at Miss Parker and smiled weakly, fear evident on her face. "We'll be fine." Miss Parker said promisingly. And of course, there's Jarod.

"Jarod." Miss Parker thought to herself, "he's probably cooking up a scheme to save everyone and get away from me. I wonder why he isn't up there trying to figure out how to help the captain."

As if reading her thoughts, Jarod stood up and untangled himself from Linda. "I'm going up to see what I can do to help. Everyone stay put. We don't need anyone falling overboard."

Miss Parker shot him a "don't try to escape" look. Jarod just smirked at her and headed upstairs. Somehow she knew escaping was not on Jarod's agenda right now.

For a long time, no words were exchanged between the passengers. Linda studied Miss Parker annoyingly. Miss Parker just shot her a cold stare. The girl darted her eyes back and forth between the two women and couldn't help but be amused.

"Don't let her get to you, Miss Parker." the girl whispered to Miss Parker.

"How do you know my name?"

"My name's Sarah. I heard that guy ( pointing to Broots) call you that earlier today. Like I said, don't let her get to you. She thinks she's God's gift to men, and when she wants someone, she'll stop at nothing to get him. From what I've noticed, she thinks you might be competition."

"You're too observant for your own good, Sarah"

"I've always been intrigued by human behavior. I think people are so interesting to study. Beats studying gorillas, or pack dogs."

Miss Parker raises an eyebrow in agreement.

"So are you?" Sarah questioned quietly.

"So am I what?" Miss Parker asked.

"Are you competition?"

"Should I be?"

"From what I've seen, you have a better chance with him than she does."

"Why do you say that?"

"I've seen the way he looks at you."

Miss Parker laughed out loud, causing the others to look at her in confusion.

"Do you know each other?"

"You ask too many questions."

"I'm sorry, Miss Parker. It's just that I'm really nervous about this unusually wild rocking of the boat, yet somehow I feel safe around you. You seem like the type who can take care of herself and anyone else who needs it. I hope that's not too presumptuous of me. I won't be a leech to you or anything. I just feel safer, that's all. I didn't mean to be nosy."

"Don't worry, Sarah, I'll watch out for you. And yes, Jarod and I know each other."

"I thought so." Sarah muttered under her breath so not to let Miss Parker hear.

"What did you say?" Anyone else Miss Parker would have had their head bit off and spit out. But something about this girl she likes. Maybe it's the girl's honesty and spunk, yet she wasn't obnoxious. Probably it's just because Sarah didn't like the blond bimbo.

"Nothing." Sarah confessed.

Jarod burst into the cabin, panting, with a worried face. All eyes turned to him and anxiously waited for news.

"Brace yourselves everyone. We're headed toward some rocks. Everyone put on a life jacket and be prepared." Everyone hurriedly put on their life jackets and secured themselves to whatever they could cling to.

"And please, everyone, stay calm. " Jarod tried to say with confidence.

Miss Parker saw the concerned look on Jarod's face and became worried. This was a man who always had everything under control, who was cocky, always had a plan of survival, and always saved everyone in the end.

"Gee, I'm making him out to be Superman!" Miss Parker thought. "This doesn't seem right. We are in big trouble."

Jarod looked over at Miss Parker, who was staring at him, and smiled a worried smile, trying to communicate with her that things do not look good. She understood him and also his unspoken question of asking if she was okay. She gave him a nod and turned her attention to Sarah and Sydney.

Then Miss Parker was a little startled when Jarod sat next to her.

"Something's not right, Parker." Jarod whispered to her.

"No duh, genius." Miss Parker said sarcastically.

"I mean, with the captain and the two men with him."

"Why, what's going on?"

"I'm not sure. I overheard the two men give the captain orders on which direction to turn the boat. They ordered him to head toward the rocks and on to an island."

"Maybe that's the safest way to go."

"I studied our course before we left. That island was not on the way."

"Maybe we were thrown off course and they're trying to save our necks."

"Maybe. Or maybe they want us to land on that island. This boat could have held its course."

"Maybe you are mistaken."

Jarod shot Miss Parker a look that convinced her that her last remark was a stupid one.

Then the boat hit something and jerked to a stop, someone screamed, water began seeping into the room, and the boat began to tip to the side.

"Everyone up on deck!" Jarod yelled.

Before leaving the room, Jarod found the emergency survival kit and tucked it under his arm. Up on deck, they stood frozen in fear, staring at the torn lifeboat that would take them to shore.

"What do we do now, Jarod?" Broots asked with panic in his voice.

Jarod looked out to the island and figured it was only about 100 yards away. Thankfully, the wind and rain has died down a bit, fueling his suspicion that they could have made it to their destination.

"We'll have to swim to shore." Jarod offered. He handed the couple with the child the lifesaver ring and tied the kit to it.

"Stay close together and help each other out. The waves might be a little rough still, but I'm sure we can all make it."

Then Miss Parker noticed Sarah shaking and tears falling from her eyes. Miss Parker went up to her and touched her arm.

"M-Miss Parker, I can't…I can't do it. I can't swim!" Sarah began to cry, her breathing labored.

"Sarah! You'll be fine. I'll make sure you make it. Got it?! Now let's go. Don't make a liar out of me," Miss Parker ordered.

Jarod went in last to make sure everyone got off the boat. After a few moments, he heard splashing in the water and saw that the captain and the two men have joined them.

Everyone struggled to make it to shore but made it, falling exhausted on the beach.