Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER IN PART 1
Author's note: Sorry Jarod fans, but Miss Parker is taking over!! (hee hee) Please let me know what you think--lots of times, the story improves (or gets scrapped) by what the critics say. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!




"The Doctor Is In"
Part 2
by Rachel




The women gathered around talking about their lives, about what they have, and what they don't have. Miss Parker was getting impatient and irritated at the empty conversations she was having with these high-society air heads. Miss Parker plastered on a sweet smile and offered her own bull.

"You know, Marissa," Sabina confided, "our husbands are looking for another partner and I think Jarod would be perfect." Miss Parker thought she heard Sabina purr when she said `perfect'. Miss Parker dismissed the thought and looked on with interest and decided this was a good time to ask about the *special arrangement* thing.

"Exactly what did your husband mean by Jarod and I joining you?" Miss Parker questioned Bonnie.

The ladies looked at each other smiling mischievous smiles. They talked among themselves as if Miss Parker wasn't even in the room. They asked each other if they should let her in on it, or if she would be willing to go along with it. Miss Parker was getting confused. But one comment made her blink twice and her eyes widen in shock. Sabina's words were, "Oh, Jarod just looks so yummy, so I get to be first."

Miss Parker shook her head to clear it and butted in. "Excuse me, Ladies, but what the hell are you talking about?"

"Marissa," Lara spoke slowly and calmly, "how would you like to obtain fame, fortune, and power?"

"Keep talking." Miss Parker said interested.

"Our husbands are nothing without us. WE make it happen for them. We are the reason they have the success that they have."

"How is that possible?" Miss Parker was really getting curious now.

"We'll share our secret with you if YOU'RE willing to share with us." Kara offered.

"Share what?" Miss Parker asked.

"Not what, Marissa, who. You have to share your husband." Sabina said like a vampire in need of blood.

Miss Parker smiled slowly, unsure if she heard them right, and then letout a sharp laugh. "Exactly what do you mean by `share'? " Miss Parkerasked, already knowing the answer.

"You know…." Lara said arching her eyebrows.

"You're telling me you want to sleep with MY husband? In return for?……"

"Fame, Marissa."

"And fortune."

"And power."

"And don't forget the fun! It goes both ways, you can have any of our husbands."

Miss Parker turned to look across the room at the group of men that were talking. She gave Jarod a quick smile and a wave and turned her attention back to the women. "Um, no thanks. Jarod is enough for me. "

"The way our husbands were looking at you, they wouldn't mind getting a piece of the action, if you know what I mean. But it's all up to you. If I had your Doctor, I wouldn't need a second opinion." Bonnie giggled, making Miss Parker sick to her stomach.

"This secret of yours must be something," Miss Parker said curiously," Why would you think I'd be willing?"

"You seemed like the type of woman who's willing to do anything to get what she wants. And you want it all, don't you Marissa?" Kara was sounding too hopeful.

"And Jarod is absolutely irresistible." Lara said dreamily.

"So all I have to do is convince Jarod to fool around with you four and you can guarantee his upgrade in status? How?"

"We have our ways."

"Are there any illegal dealings?"

"There are ways to get around the system." Bonnie responded.

"Think about it, Marissa. Don't you want your husband to climb this ladder of success? And you can get spoiled in the process. What wife wouldn't want that?"

"You really are all okay with this? Your husbands let you do this? THEY do this?"

"Our husbands let us do whatever we want, with whomever we want, as long as we provide them with what they need to succeed. And we don't sleep around with just ANYBODY, they have to be part of our little group. Right, ladies? And it's all by consent, no force. See, Marissa, we want you and Jarod to be part of this. Besides, this way, there's variety," Sabina explained.

"And there's no fear of them, and us, having an affair with someone we don't know," Kara added casually.

Miss Parker arched an eyebrow and thought, `Variety, my ass, more like slim pickin's.'

"And what exactly is it that you provide them with?" Miss Parker continued her interrogation.

"Secret, Marissa. Are you game or not?"

"Are you all just bored with your own husbands?"

"Well, yeah." The four women said in unison. Then they began to giggle, making Miss Parker disgusted, but still convincing them she was very interested in the offer. `These people are nuts,' she thought.

An announcement was made to begin the dinner ceremonies and everyone headed toward the tables to sit.

Lara and Sabina took Miss Parker by each arm and whispered to her, "Let's do lunch tomorrow, Marissa. We'll give you ALL the details, if you want in. We know you want everything you can possibly get out of life. Whatever it takes, right? And a little sharing among friends won't hurt anyone."

Miss Parker gave them a consenting smile, but all she wanted to do was smack their faces. Then she began to laugh inside as she thought of telling Jarod about this little arrangement. She already formulated in her head how to make them think they'll go along with it, but convincing Jarod to leave the details to her would be some feat. Jarod won't like not being in charge of a pretend. She continued to be amused, unable to wipe the smile off her face. The thought of Jarod having to go along with this is just too funny. The absurdity of it all is just too funny. But he's right, these bimbos are involved in something corrupt. Exposing them is going to be great. `Gonna be a fun one!', she mused. She reached Jarod and took him by the arm, still unable to stop smiling. Jarod eyed her suspiciously, wondering what could be so amusing. The four women batted their eyes at Jarod as they passed him to take their seats with their husbands at the head table on the stage.

"How was the hob-nobbing?" Jarod whispered in her ear, giving her a kiss on the cheek to mask his questioning.

"Enlightening," Miss Parker responded.

"What is so funny, Parker?"

Miss Parker's smile became broader and she couldn't help the small laugh that escaped through her nostrils. "I'll tell you later."

They sat at the table and pretended to care about the awards presentation. Jarod sat close to Miss Parker, putting his arm around her shoulders protectively. Miss Parker would smirk at the four ladies occasionally and instinctively draw her hand up to caress Jarod's cheek.

Miss Parker didn't hear a word that was said by the speakers. So many thoughts flooded her head. For certain, none of them are getting their claws on Jarod. She figured out how to go along with it, but she would need Sydney's and Broot's help from the Centre. She would have to confide in them about what is going on between her and Jarod. She's been giving them lame excuses about why she always ended up being alone with him and not being able to bring him back. She was sure they suspected something, but they have been good about minding their own business. Besides, she's the boss. But it's about time to level with them. She's sure they'll keep her secret. She was relieved they accepted her weak excuse this time when she sent them back to Blue Cove.