Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The Pretender is not my creation nor are the characters of Miss Parker, Sydney, Broots, Jarod, or any other recognizable characters in this fanfiction. All other characters are of my own making. I’m not making any money off this so please don’t sue.




The Peter Pan Project
part 1
by Cathryn




Somewhere inside the Centre...

It had been a month since she had helped with the capture of a pretender named Jarod. It had been easy locating him. She was far superior to him. The Triumvirate’s scientists had made her that way. Well actually it was the people at The School who made her that way but that didn’t matter because it was all in the same. The result was the same. She was eight levels above Jarod on the pretender scale.

Angel had always thought of herself as an nonomy. Which meant that she though of herself as a reject. Who wouldn’t it wasn’t only that she was genetically altered all the HLRs were. HLR stood for Hybrid Lab Rat, it was an inside joke to the others like her.

Sitting alone in her new room at the Centre she thought of the irony of it all. Jarod had probably been the one that help come up with the design. Triumvirate had used Jarod’s design of a perfect warrior and pretender against him.

Angel hadn’t wanted to bring Jarod in but she had to. To cover up her real intentions. getting some of the younger children out. Of course there were still others she had to save. Among them was her best friend Peter. She’d known Peter all her life ever since she was thrown in with the other nonomies. Angel hated to think about that part of her life so she distracted herself by thinking of other things.

She heard someone coming down the hall. They were still far away but she could hear them all the same.

***

Miss Parker’s office...

Miss Parker was rather surprised when after she captured the Centre held up their end of the bargain and agreed to let her leave. Parker still had no idea where the anonymous tip came from but she was grateful for whoever it was. Now maybe she could get on with her life.

Parker was nearly finished with her packing when Sydney and Broots entered the room. Broots was carrying a file.

“Broots found out where the anonymous tip came from?” Syndey said.

“Where?” Parker said in her usual commanding voice.

When neither answered she asked again. This time she got a prompt answer.

Spilling the contents of the folder on her desk. Sydney proceed to explain. “The tip came from a Triumvirate branch in Montana. Broots back tracked the call.”

“Upon farther investigation I came across what they are doing in those woods.”

Parker stared as if to say go on.

“They’re doing genetic experiments there involving children.” Broots said thinking of his daughter.

In the back of Miss Parker’s mind she was hearing Jarod’s mocking voice asking what would your mother have done. She pushed the voice into oblivion. “How do you know this?”

“The tipster lured Jarod with this file,” Sydney said.

Parker looked though the papers on her desk. It was information on Jarod’s family. Not his mother or father but siblings that were at the complex. The contents of the folders detailed the experiments that went on at this place which the author referred to as the School.

“So? I’ve done my job we have your lab rat back and I’m leaving.”

“But Parker you need to see this picture,” he said handing her a picture of a girl who didn’t look to be more than 20. The girl looked amazingly like herself. Parker’s heart jumped into her throat when she seen the girl.

“Wh Who is she?”

“I could only find code names on her, but they mostly refer to her as Thinkable or subject one one nine. TB for short,” Broots offered. “She’s the one who brought Jarod in.”

“She’s a pretender,” Sydney said. He pulled a DSA out of his jacket. “Broots downloaded this, this morning.

The DSA showed the girl from the picture she was dressed in a paper tube top shirt and lose fitting pants. Miss Parker noted the girl was pretty, a rarity with anything having to do with the Triumvirate, even before noticing the wings that the girl possessed.

“Parker?” Sydney asked.

“Yeah, Syd.”

“You ok?”

“What else do you know about her?”

“She’s part of a project call Peter Pan. The project’s goals were simple create the ultimate solider, the ultimate fighting unit. A continuance of the pretender project. All of the Soldiers from what I gather are all trained pretenders. But I’ll know more later. I’m going to met TB later today,” Sydney answered. “The Triumvirate thinks it’s a good idea to have someone keep an eye on Jarod for a while. To make sure he doesn’t exscape again.”

“She looks like me Syd I want to met her,” Parker said.

“Well, you’ll have to wait until tommorow.”



Feedback please