Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1

Title: Sinner, you know you have to pretend!
By: Chris
e-mail address : kylaparker@hotmail.com
Rated: PG
Category: S / P
Spoilers: None


12.

Night
pure blackness
stars above us
twinkle in the night
light


Jarod had left the room and closed the door be hind him. He came from behind the curtain and stepped into the light from the window. It was Angelo. There was something inside him that had guided him here. To this town. To this hospital. Into this room. Something had drawn him towards Jane. He sat down on the bed next to her and gently stroked her face. She was like Parker. She felt cold and lifeless. He took her hand and closed his eyes. He relaxed and felt being drawn towards her. And not only towards her. He had found Parker.

Parker heard a voice from far behind and stopped in her tracks. The Angel girl beside her stopped as well. Both turned around and saw that their paradise had disappeared. That everything had turned gray.
"What's happening?" Parker asked.
"That's you," the Angel girl spat and let go of Parker's hand. "You want to bring me back into reality."
"What reality? Isn't this real? I haven't done anything! Who's calling for me back there?"
"Since you came the world has lost its color. You have poisoned it. Is this Jarod who's calling?"
"You know Jarod? He used to be my friend."
"He's been here. He has tried to bring me back. I don't like him."
"I don't like him either. But who's that?" Parker asked and pointed towards the little boy with the red hair that came from the darkness. There seemed to be a ray of light resting on him because his hair shone like a beacon in the night.
"Can I be your friend? I am lost. My name is Timmy."
"We don't need a friend!" the Angel girl said.
"I know you," Parker said. "You are someone from my past. But I don't want to be reminded of that past. Go away."
Both girls turned away and walked away. Angelo followed them in a short distance. He didn't want to lose them. He wanted to be close to them.
"I know of a place," the Angel girl said, "A place where nobody will find us. We will go to an enchanted place."
"Can I be a princess?" Parker asked.
"We will both be princesses there."
"Where is this enchanted place?" Parker asked. They didn't see the little boy who was still standing there. The light had disappeared and he was standing in the darkness but he could still hear them.
"It's east of the sun and west of the moon. Nobody will find us there because nobody knows where it is."
"Except for one very old eagle."
"Exactly. But nobody knows whom to ask. We will be save there. I promise."
Parker nodded and they took each other by both hands. They smiled and a ray of light formed around them. Angelo had to close his eyes to the brightness. When he opened them again they were gone and he was left in complete darkness. He shook his head and returned to the reality he belonged to, became the Angelo he used to be.
Someone's hand was on his shoulders when he returned into the conscious world.
"Hello Angelo," Jarod said.
"Hello Jarod. Found Parker and little girl."
"What can you tell me about it? And what about the story you've written?"
"Girl with Parker. Parker with girl. Gone to castle east of the sun and west of the moon. Only eagle can find way. Need help. Parker has to come back. Girl has to come back. Jarod, help!"
"I will help as soon as I know of a way. Where is Sydney? How did you come here?"
"Girl called. Came here fast. Have to go home. Help me! Have to see Parker."
"Come with me. We have to call Sydney. Maybe he can come and pick you up. We'll go to my office."
Angelo followed him without a word. He seemed almost normal even though he looked deeply troubled. Jarod wondered what had happened back there in the room with Jane. He locked the door behind them when they had entered his office. Angelo took the photograph that was lying on Jarod's table. The photograph he had gotten from his friend who had been given it by Lyle. Angelo didn't say a word. Just sat down on the chair and stared at the photo. Jarod took his phone and called at the Centre. Sydney answered the phone.
"Thank God, you're OK. I haven't heard from you in a long time. What has happened?"
"I've got a visitor."
"Lyle?"
"No. You have to come here and get him. It's Angelo."
"Angelo? Where are you, Jarod?"
"Where's Lyle?"
"He followed your lead. Thanks for sending Broots the email. How did you know that Lyle's monitoring his mail?"
"That's what I would have done if I were in his place. I'm just wondering why he's not monitoring your mail. Would be much easier to track me down then."
"Guess he does. But when did you last send me something? It's always me who's sending you things. Both ways are trackable. But let's talk about Angelo's return. How did he get to your place? I don't know, really."
"I have no idea either. He said that the girl has called him and he followed her. And he claims to have found Parker as well. I don't understand a thing, Sydney. Do you think that this could be a pretender ability that is spreading? Angelo can walk inside the girl's head, I feel like I can talk to her and the girl is talking to me and obviously to Parker as well. I can always hear Parker's screams in my head and all I want is for it to stop. I want Parker back with the living, I want Jane back and I want to know Angelo back in his usual and save environment."
"Yes, that's right. Angelo has to be back in the Centre as soon as possible. Lyle has left for Chicago half an hour ago. Where are you?"
"New York. Don't let Lyle know. I'll call you in a phone booth opposite the Guggenheim Museum tomorrow morning at 8 am. Be there."
Without another word he hung up. He wasn't in New York. But he knew that Lye would be monitoring the phone lines inside and outside the Centre and that each incoming and outgoing call would be taped. He would hear about it eventually. He had to call Broots on his private cellphone tonight to tell him where he really was. He wasn't that far from Blue Cove. But he was far from New York and even further from Chicago.