Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1!
Title: Sinner, you know you have to pretend!
By: Chris
e-mail address : kylaparker@hotmail.com
Rated: PG
Category: S / P
Spoilers: None

9.

Love me
That was all I asked for
That was all I wished for
That was all I longed for

But my questions
my wishes
and my longing
were never heard
were never answered

Because I never
dared to speak
them out loud

Angelo was sitting beside the bed holding Miss Parker's hand. Sydney had managed to smuggle the young man out of the Centre without someone taking notice. At least not so far. He had to return soon.
Angelo had been back in Miss Parker's office, writing in her handwriting. Something had been going on he had no idea about. Angelo had tried to explain it but to Sydney it looked like a puzzle with half the pieces missing, he had no idea of the eventual picture. The letter Angelo had written was more a children's story than a letter. It still fascinated Sydney that Angelo had exactly copied Parker's handwriting. He desperately wished for Jarod to be with him, to help him. He had promised to be with him as soon as possible, but a pretend was taking him longer than he had expected. It had to do with the same kind of phenomenon as the Parker case. A young girl had fallen unconscious and hasn't woken up so far. Sydney had no idea if those two cases were somehow related but he didn't know in what way this could be.
He was sitting in the corner of the room, watching Angelo and Miss Parker. Her face was pale, her eyes were half closed. Angelo was sitting next to her, holding her hand and humming the children's song she had always loved.
"Kree-Kra toads foot, geese walk barefoot, kree-kra……"

The woman looked down on her, her hands resting gently on the little girl's shoulders. The girl looked into her mother's eyes. Those wonderful blue eyes that seemed to follow her wherever she went that eyes that seemed to be with her whenever she was afraid. The sun was slowly wandering towards the horizon. Her mother smiled and took her by the hand.
"Time to go home," she said.
"Kree-Kra toads foot, geese walk barefoot, kree-kra……" they sang as they walked towards the huge white building.

A smile played around Miss Parker's lips and Angelo looked up. He had seen those pictures as well he had heard the song as well. That was why he had been humming it. Something deep inside Angelo awoke and that something was drawn towards Parker.

The huge house came nearer and then they stepped into the entrance hall. Suddenly it was cold and the birds' song was gone. She looked up at her mother who was leading her through the corridors. She looked much older and somehow she seemed to have shrunk. She looked at her own hand and found it about the size of her mother's hand. The passed a door with a window and the little girl saw herself as a grown up woman. She looked like her mother only her hair was shorter. She didn't question the sudden jump into the future it felt normal to her. They went into a lift and the doors closed behind them. This lift, it somehow seemed familiar. She looked up and found a whole near the ceiling. She heard a gunshot and then she was alone. The lift stopped and it went dark. Pitch black. Cold. Empty. Alone. A wave of nausea hit her and she had to press her hand onto her mouth. Then the feeling was gone and she felt like flying. It was still dark but the darkness didn't seem as threatening as only seconds before. She looked up and saw stars. Stars that would lead her into the right direction. She didn't know where to go and what or who would be waiting there for her, but she knew that something was there.

Suddenly Parker had been gone. The lift doors had closed behind her and the only thing he had heard had been a frightened scream. Angelo tried to find her, find Parker in his mind but he couldn't get any connection. It was as if staring into a deep black void.

The little girl suddenly seemed like a distant memory when she tried to remember her mother whom she had thought to have seen only minutes ago. She was still floating in complete silence in that dark night with only the stars looking down on her. She felt another presence nearby. She wanted to say something but she wasn't able to. She started to become afraid of the silence and curled herself up into a tight ball. A small voice calling a name came to her ear and she opened her eyes again. She was no longer in complete darkness but she was lying in a field of flowers but it was still silent. She wanted to answer to the call but she still couldn't get anything out. She stood up and walked into the direction where she thought to have heard the voice.



t.b.c.