Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1!
Title: Sinner, you know you have to pretend!
By: Chris
e-mail address : kylaparker@hotmail.com
Rated: PG
Category: S / P
Spoilers: None

5.

I want to die easy when I die
I want to die easy when I die
I want to die easy when I die
Shout salvation as I fly
I want to die easy, Lord, when I die.

"You can't see her, Angelo. She's not here."
"Need to see her – help – writing story."
Sydney leaned against the table and looked at Angelo. Somehow Angelo seemed to behave different, Sydney felt reminded of someone, but didn't know who. He took a piece of paper out of a drawer and gave it to Angelo. He began scribbling. After a while he held one piece of paper towards Sydney and went on writing on another sheet. Sydney started reading. He looked surprised as he read whole sentences, grammatically correct. He looked up at Angelo.
"Angelo? What---.”
"Don't talk, silence, complete silence.”
Sydney cocked an eyebrow and stopped talking. Angelo was still writing but his eyes were closed. He didn't look at the paper just kept on writing as if a ghost was guiding the pen over the paper. His handwriting was regular and round just like Parker's. To be correct, it looked exactly like Parker's handwriting. Yes, his behavior reminded him of Miss Parker. What was going on? Angelo handed him sheet after sheet. Then he closed the pen. He opened his eyes again and looked around the room. He seemed distracted.
"Daughter needs help -- find back.”


6.

I feel as if I'm nothing.
Nothing but a walking
Shadow of myself.

I don't feel the pain
I don't feel loved
I don't feel anything at all.

Am I still alive?
Does anyone care?
Who am I anyway?

My life's not worth living.
Sometimes I wish I were dead.
But I know that someone cares
Even though he doesn't love me.

"A way to help her? What do you know about the other woman?”
"It's not exactly the same condition. That other woman has lost consciousness without any reason. I definitely know that Jane has taken those pills and they have caused her unconsciousness. The other woman hasn't done anything like that, as far as I know. The only similarity between them I can be really sure of is that they are unconscious. And I DO know that this is nothing uncommon."
"What have you found out about Jane?”
"I can't explain it to you but I've talked to her.”
"Talked to her? How's that possible?”
"Ms Ryan, please believe me. I can't explain it to you, well, not yet. I can't explain it to myself either. She wants to die. I don't know why but she was hurt by someone she truly loves. Do you know who that person might be?”
"No, I have no idea, I don't know her that well.”
"Would her parents know?”
"She has no parents, at least not that I know. She's living on her own in a small apartment in a house with an elderly couple. Maybe they know something about her.”
"Would you be so kind as to find out something about her that might help her? Ms Ryan, you are her only hope right now. Please hurry.”
"I will, Doctor. I'll call you as soon as I know something.”
Ms Ryan got up and walked out of the hospital. Jarod just watched her go. He had no power left to get up and just remained seated on the sofa. In his head he wanted to find something that could safe Jane and safe him from becoming crazy. All the time he tried to explain what had happened. Everything remained a mystery. Was it just imagination? A hallucination? Had he really talked to her? He knew that it wasn't possible but he really felt as if he had been inside her head and had heard her talk to him.

"Dr Blake?”
Jarod looked up to see Ms Ryan.
"Already back?”
"It took me over an hour. Have you been sitting here the whole time?”
"I think so. I thought it was only minutes. Let's go upstairs. What have you found out?”
"The people who live in the same house have told me that she mentioned a boy's name at the phone to a friend of hers but nothing else. I have tried to find her friend but I was told that she is on holidays. All I know is that the boy is called Michael.”
They reached the lift and got inside. Jarod was deep in his thoughts trying to recall something he might have heard when he had been in contact with the girl. Michael. Somehow the name sounded familiar to him.
"Nothing else? You don't know the whole name or where I can possibly find him?”
"Sorry, nothing. Maybe I can try it again later but I'd need time and I thought we didn't have enough time!?”
"She's in no immediate danger. Somehow the problem resolved itself. The only problem is, that she has to wake up.”
Jarod said nothing else. He hadn't even called Sydney yet to ask him about Miss Parker's condition. He needed his advice as well as Broots'. But he had to call them. Jarod was afraid that they would trace the call back, he had stayed in this place for far too long. But Jane needed his help, he couldn't leave now. Couldn't leave her where she was. He had to free her from herself. Had to get her out of her dream-world as soon as possible before she would kill herself, before she would give up her will of living, before it was too late. Then he had to find out what had happened to Miss Parker. What if she had tried to kill herself as well? No, that couldn't be. Sydney had said that she'd just collapsed into his arms. So she had been conscious when he had met with her. He was deep in his thoughts and didn't realize that they had already passed the room where Jane was.
"Dr. Blake, what's the matter with you?”
"Sorry, Miss Ryan, I was thinking about something else.”
He turned around and went through the door. Jane was lying in the bed and it seemed much to big for her. She looked so small, so innocent. She didn't look as if she had wanted to commit suicide. But who does? Again he forgot about Ms Ryan who was standing beside him. Deep inside him he heard her again. He thought he heard her cry for help. He listened closer and heard that she was calling out a name. Michael. There it was again, that name. He had to focus on not hearing her, to slip back into reality.
"What did you say about that Michael?”
"I only know his name. I have to find her friend first and I hope she can tell me more about it and the relationship between them.”
"Do you really think there is a relationship? She has tried to kill herself, maybe it was because he didn't love her the way she did.”
"Do you really think so?”
"It's the only possibility I can think of.”
"I still don't understand why you keep saying that you've been talking to her. She's been unconscious ever since you first saw her. Would you be so kind as to explain that to me?”
Jarod sighed and looked deep into the woman's dark blue eyes. For a split-second he got distracted when he saw her eyes but he caught himself.
"Are you familiar with the concept of Star Trek?”
"A little bit. What has that to do with us?”
"You know what happens when two Vulcans mind meld?”
"They touch each other's faces and then something happens.”
"Well, like that. Their minds become one, it's like merging. They can see and hear each other's thoughts. I know it sounds impossible but that's what happened. Somehow I was able to see inside her head, to hear her thoughts and talk to her.”
"That's ridiculous. Don't try to fool me. I'm not stupid. Tell me what really happened.”
Jarod sighed. Just as he had thought it would be. He knew it sounded ridiculous but it was the only possibility he could think of. He couldn't have imagined all this. That was too absurd to come from his own mind. Suddenly he heard another voice. It was very faint but it was a very familiar voice that seemed to be calling for help.


t.b.c.