Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter sixteen

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 46


Wake up


They had been talking for quite some time when they heard Jarod moan softly. Jay, who had been sitting at the windowsill hurried over to the bed.

He swiftly checked Jarod’s temperature and blood pressure. After checking, Jay nodded satisfied. Jarod’s condition had improved over the course of the afternoon and evening.

By now it was quite late and Jay had expected that Jarod would wake up anytime now.

Jarod groaned once more and his eyelids began to flutter. He struggled to open his eyes.

Parker caressed his cheek lightly. “Shhh, it’s ok, Jar. Slowly. Give yourself some time.”

“Lina?” Jarod mumbled groggily and finally opened his eyes.

“Yeah, I’m here,” she grinned down at him.

“What…?” Jarod started and tried to sit up.

Jay pushed him back into the covers firmly but at the same time careful not to hurt him. “Don’t overdo it, bro. Stay put!”

Jarod hadn’t noticed another presence in the room. His eyes flew over toward the source of the voice and came to rest upon his younger self.

“I’m hallucinating,“ he groaned and blinked several times.

Jay chuckled. “Not anymore, bro. The fever is down. How are you feeling?”

“Groggy but ok.” Jarod opened his eyes once more and when he saw Jay still standing next to him, he started believing that his ‘brother’ was there. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, so much for a great welcome,” Jay grumbled light-heartedly and grinned.

Parker chuckled. “Ethan got in touch with your people. Jay here is pretty much the reason why you are already awake.” When she saw Jarod frown at them in confusion, she went on. “You were shot at Father Moore’s and the wound bled quite heavily,” she explained.

Jarod nodded.

“Combined with the loss of blood from the week before, Parker told us about, your body had problems in coping with the infection that resulted in the bullet you caught yourself,” Jay went on.

“He gave you some of his blood,“ Parker ended.

Jarod’s eyebrows climbed even higher and he looked over toward his younger self. Jay merely shrugged his shoulders.

“Well then,“ Jarod breathed. “I think thanks are in order.”

Jay waved dismissively.

“Wait, when you are here…,“ Jarod tailed off.

“Yeah, they are downstairs,” Jay grinned, effectively confirming Jarod’s suspicion.

“Sydney, Broots and Debbie are here, too,” Parker informed him and Jarod sighed relieved.

“My folks weren’t too pleased about that, were they?” Jarod asked, looking first at Parker and then back to his brother.

“No, they weren’t,“ Jay agreed. “Dad was busy throwing fire for some time,” he grinned.

“But…?” Jarod asked expectantly.

“Jay cut him short,“ Parker said.

Jarod blinked. “Impressive,” he smirked.

“You want to see them?” Jay asked and Jarod nodded.

“I’m surprised that he didn’t jump out of bed before you asked,” Parker smiled at Jay, who chuckled.

Jay got up and walked over to the door, leaving Parker alone with Jarod.

“Hey,“ she murmured, smiling at him.

“Hey,“ he smiled back.

“I’m glad that you are ok. You had me worried,” she sighed.

“Sorry,“ Jarod replied. “It wasn’t planed that way.”

She chuckled lightly and belt down to drop a kiss onto his forehead. Breathing in his scent deeply, she tilted her head so that their foreheads touched.

Jarod relaxed and she could feel some of the tension leave her own body. The worst was over. They had made it so far and they would be able to make their dream become reality.

~~~~~~~

Jay walked into the living room, where everyone else was.

They looked up when he entered the room.

“He’s awake,“ Jay stated. Everyone heaved a sigh. “And he wants to see you.”

~~~~~~~

Emily peeked into the room. Miss Parker was sitting on the bed besides Jarod, bent down toward him. Their fingers were entwined and their foreheads touched.

Emily knocked lightly.

When Parker heard the soft knock on the door, she quickly sat up.

Jarod looked over to the door. His face lit up when he saw Emily standing there. “Hey,“ he whispered softly.

Emily smiled and went over to the bed. She bent down and gave her brother a soft kiss on the cheek. Jarod encircled lightly her with his good arm and hugged her.

“Dad,“ Jarod murmured when his father came up behind his daughter.

Parker got up and went over to the window where Jay and Ethan were standing.

“Feel out of place?” Ethan asked silently. Parker just nodded. “Come on, let’s go downstairs. You didn’t have dinner,“ he took her arm and tugged at it.

“I will stay here and see to it that it doesn’t get too much for Jarod,” Jay said quietly.

Ethan nodded and led Parker out of the room.

~~~~~~~

Ethan and Parker were sitting at the kitchen table. A plate of food was standing in front of Parker.

Ethan had insisted on warming some of what they had had for dinner up. She didn’t really eat anything but merely shoved the food around.

“Hey, Parker,“ Ethan called softly and put a hand over hers.

She looked up. Deep circles were clearly visible under her eyes and she was pale.

“It’s been a bit much lately, hasn’t it?” Ethan asked.

Parker nodded tiredly.

Before Ethan could say anything else, Sydney walked in first, the others directly behind him. Jay went in last.

“Parker,” Jay called and touched her shoulder.

She sighed and looked up wearily. Jay nearly grimaced at the look of pure fatigue. “Jarod asked me to send you up,“ he smiled warmly at her.

Parker nodded again and got up.

~~~~~~~

She entered Jarod’s room. He lay there, with his eyes closed. When he heard her come into the room, he blinked and looked at her.

She smiled. “Hey.”

“Hey,“ he replied. “Come here,“ he held out his hand. She walked over to him and put her hand in his.

“Jay said, you wanted me to come,” she said tiredly and sat down.

Jarod entangled his hand from hers and lightly brushed her cheek with it. Parker closed her eyes and leaned into his touch.

His hand wandered to the back of her neck and he gently drew her down to him.

Parker opened her eyes but didn’t resist. “Hey, what are you doing?” she asked quietly.

Her head rested on his good shoulder. “Stay with me?” he pleaded softly.

Parker looked up into his eyes.

“We are both tired and I don’t want to be…,“ Jarod started to justify his plea but Parker put a finger on his lips.

She smiled gently. “Shhh, I won’t go anywhere.”

Jarod sighed. “Good.”

Parker got up to turn out the light and then slipped under the cover besides Jarod. She curled up on her side.

Jarod drew her close to him and smiled when she put her head back on his good shoulder. He breathed deeply listened to her breathing.

Soon they both surrendered their tiredness and drifted off to sleep.



To be continued…