Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A/N: Crossover with Daredevil, slight crossover with Batman/Superman related things. It explains everything though, so I don’t discourage non-Superhero fans from reading.

Guardian Devil; Falling Angel

By RRP

Prologue



The explosion threw the sole occupant of the building up against the hard brick wall of the next building with a force that shook the bricks he landed on. His head echoed against the pavement with a hollow thump, the irises sealed forever just seconds before by the mind-shattering blast of flame. The building continued to burn with a life and mind of it’s own, scarring some regions while leaving others untouched in a seemingly pattern less trail.

The figure, a young man no more than twenty-seven, made no move to crawl away- he was silent, still, and barely breathing. With the few untainted breaths that slipped past his lips came moans, wordless cries for help. There was no immediate response that one could see. But on the other side of the building, across the flames and the burning rubble, were two people- both searching for the one.

A tall man with lightly tanned skin, and dark hair. His deep black trench coat flared out behind him, catching the wind as he ran. His hair brushed his face, heated blasts from the building whipping it about his chin and finding it’s way into his open mouth. When the day had started, it was brushed back and styled with gel- now his hair wasn’t even an afterthought. It could have very well fallen away without him taking more than half a second’s notice.

The other was a lady, stern and proud, with small curved lines about the edges of her eyes that portrayed the sadness and pain she tried so hard to hide. Her finely sculpted leather suit shaped to her body, giving the beholder the idea that she was born with the sleek pants and small jacket as skin. Together, the two searchers opened their mouths as one, calling one name, finding the same answer- silence.

“Ethan!”