Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of these characters, I believe that NBC has the official right to manipulate these characters, but like others, I like to wonder what they would do in *my* world. (literally)


Pretender Payback
PART 49: Light Weight Newsprint (Ok, I had to stretch for the 'light' title motif)
By Gables


~~~~~

Gables sat in her comfy chair staring at a big pad of paper that said 'Light Weight Newsprint'

"Since when do you do art?"

She knew that sarcastic voice well. "What can I say, I'm branching out."

Gables spun in her chair to face Miss Parker, who was looking over her living quarters.

"Can I help you?" She put her feet on the desk and leaned back waiting for Miss Parker to say something.

"How's it going?"

"How's what going?"

"The art." Miss Parker replied as if it was totally obvious.

"I just started, but it's fun. The problem is that I can't be on my computerand pretend to be working on it like I can with some other classes." Parker walked over to the pad of paper and lifted the cover, "Interesting."

"Well I haven't started yet. I'm eating breakfast."

"At 11:20am?"

"What? Who says you have to break that fast, right when you wake up?"

Miss Parker let go of the cover; it fell with a small *whoosh*.

"Can *I* help you Miss Parker?"

"Hmm" was the only response.

"So you're worried about doing well in your art class."

Gable clasped her hands around the back of her head, looking calm, but curious. "I never told you that I'm worried about doing well in the class. I told you that I thought it was fun."

"Hmmm" again was the other response.

"You've been reading my email haven't you? Not only that, you've been accessing *all* my email, 'cause I haven't told anybody in the Pretendfic world that I'm taking an art class, much less worried about how I will do." Miss Parker stayed silent. Gables continued.

"Look, I know that you've been reading the emails about the stories, and I guess you have a certain right to that, but hey, my emails to my family and regarding things in real life, are not for you! So look, I don't believe that you are amateur enough to read all my emails and not be able to keep them apart when telling me about them, so what's up?"

"Lyle."

"And?"

"And, in your story, is he a good guy or a bad guy? You told Niceole, that even you didn't know yet, and I'm here to make sure that you decide!"

"Ahh, trying to solve the mysteries step by step eh?"

"Hmm"

Gables looked up at the tall woman standing next to her chair, arms folded. She was glad she was sitting because if standing, Miss Parker would have been more intimidating. Instead, Gables started talking again in an arrogant manner, which she knew would piss off Miss Parker.

Gables held up a finger, slightly waving in the air. "Let me ask you this first. You are angry that nobody knows where their stories are leading, true?"

Miss Parker blinked her eyes for confirmation.

"You wish that when people write stories, they would finish them and then post them."

Again an eye blink. Gables could tell that Parker didn't know where this was going.

"OK" Gables tapped the side of her forefinger on her forehead. "Let me ask you this then, do you believe in predetermination?"

"What the *hell* does that have to do with anything!?!?" One of Parker's arms was released from her waist and jerked into the air.

Gables spun the amber ring on her thumb. "I ask because, if you believe in predetermination, then by all means you have a case. However, if you fancy the free will argument, then the writer's current style of posting should be satisfactory. If they don't know what they are going to write next, then *you* have a chance to influence it."

Miss Parker stared angrily at Gables for a second.

"This is still *my* life."

Gables smiled. "Ahh, there is a thin line. Whereas true, it is you who goes through the actions, you are still apart of the fanfic world, and I do believe we have gone over those rules. So which will it be Parker?" Gables addressed her informally to get a better reaction.

Instead of responding the heels turned and Miss Parker whisked away. Gables put her feet down, ate another piece of muffin, and went back to staring at the pad of newsprint.



Gables