Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Pretender Payback
PART 46: Fairy Lights
by KB


Jarod had just settled down to continue reading through his pile of stories when the lights began to dim.
'Not again.' It was the only thought that had time to register before the almost-forgotten circle of light appeared and into which he was pushed. "What now?"

"Oh, nothing serious," one of the writers grinned. "We were just feeling a little nostalgic and thought we'd revive an old idea."

"It's too old." Miss Parker stalked out of the shadows and took her place next to Jarod. "We did all this before. There can't be anything left to discuss."

"Not at all," smiled Danielle :-). "We were beginning to feel that you thought you had control over our lives instead of vice versa. So we just wanted to..."

".reassert your authority," grumbled Raines as he squeaked his way into the circle.

"Not to mention the fact that, with the Pretender hardly on in the States and not on at all in most other countries, except as repeats, we wanted the chance to get together and discuss." Nicolette smiled.

"Particularly how to fill the gap left by Bitchette," explained Rebeckah.

"Hey, I heard that," squeaked the indignant blond, appearing from behind Raines. Her appearance sparked off a series of disgusted groans.

"I thought we finally managed to get rid of her."

"We've killed her off so much that she'll have to disappear one day."

"Yeah, I'm so sick of the whining."

"And that damned lollipop."

"Not to mention the hair dye."

"And the annoying patronizing tone of voice."

"Okay, alright!" A voice yelled above the rising buzz of voices. "We don't have to keep writing her in and if we leave her out often enough, she should disappear. There won't be anything left for her to do."

"Yeah."

"True."

"Good idea."

Miss Parker began to smirk as the comments of agreement filled the room but Jarod elbowed her in the ribs and the smirk vanished.

"What?"

"Ask them."

She looked uncomfortable. "I don't want to. There's so many."

"Oh, so now you're scared!"

"I am not!"

"So ask them."

By this point the writers had ceased to comment on Brigitte's potential demise and were focused on the discussion. When she realised that there were so many writers watching her, Miss Parker turned a brilliant red and tried to hide.

"Well, isn't anyone going to tell us what you're talking about?"

Jarod gave Miss Parker a look, one eyebrow artistically raised, and then opened his mouth. "We were discussing the fact that you don't always know the whole story behind the fan fic pieces that you write. Particularly you." He pointed at KB, who grinned at Shaddyr.

"Just because I couldn't answer some of the questions which I was asked is not sufficient grounds for you to assume that we don't know the whole story. And if you're going to come up with ideas like that." She raised an eyebrow and Jarod shrieked and tried to hide behind Miss Parker.

"What's that all about?" Her expression spoke of disgust.

"Have you read her latest? She's had me shot and no-one knows if I'm going to live and she may not even write the ending. You'd be scared." He trailed off as he realised what he'd just said and tried to count up the number of times she had been shot but ran out of fingers and toes. Eventually he was sitting there with his sock and shoes on the ground and a foolish look on his face, prompting laughter from most people present.

"Well, isn't there anything that anyone wants to suggest? I mean, this was supposed to be a forum for ideas."

"Huh! Some forum," muttered Lyle as he sauntered out of the darkness.

"And where have you been?" Miss Parker demanded in tones that would make a snail run for its life.

"I've been.busy."

"Yeah, we've heard that before. Doing what?"

Suddenly Mandy looked around them room and did a swift head-count, whereupon Jarod looked at her with suddenly increased respect. "Hey, I know what you've been up to. You've been convincing one of us to try and give you another Asian bride to play with, haven't you?"

"I might have been." Lyle tried to look innocent but the expression slid off his face like jelly off a plate, leaving him looking more like a naughty schoolboy found with his hand in a jar of lollies.

"Okay, who was it? Who's going against the unspoken rules? We decided early on that he wasn't having another one because he couldn't play nicely with them."

"Hey, it's not us! It's them! That episode, from fourth season. Extreme. You've been taking the place of Jamie, haven't you? So that you can indulge."

"And how do you know? You haven't even seen fourth season yet. It hasn't aired in Australia."

"No, but Lois puts up very detailed episode guides. I read them." She turned on Lyle, marched forward and grabbed his ear. As she propelled him out of the circle, her voice travelled back. "Now you're going to show me where you hid it and you can't play with anything again until she's nice and clean. I don't know, we give you all these lovely toys to play with and you have to destroy all of them. Are you psychotic or do you have undiagnosed ADHD?" KB, amid muffled laughter, continued. "Well, you don't have any ideas? Well, that's pretty pitiful. You know, if the show does get cancelled, we might well stop writing fan fic, and then you will cease to exist. So, before our next meeting, I'd like to suggest that you come up with a few new and original ideas!"


KB