Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.




Back Again
Getting Out
By: 24


A Week Later

Jarod was in his room when Sydney came in. He was at the table studying for the next simulation and he needed to be ready. He looked up as Sydney opened the door and wondered why he was here.



“Jarod, we need to go.”


“Where are we going Sydney?”


“It’s a surprise.”


“A surprise?” Jarod asked curiously. He had never gotten a surprise and didn’t know what it was.



“You’ll like it.”



They walked towards one of the vents and Sydney took the cover off. Angelo was there as it was pulled off.


"Angelo, I haven’t seen you in a long time.” He hugged his friend.



“I need you to go with Angelo and he’ll take you to where you are supposed to go. I’ll see you later.”



He watched as Sydney made his way towards the elevator and then turned to his friend.



“Come on.”



Jarod went into the vent and put the cover back on. He then followed Angelo to wherever he was taking him. He would find out when they stopped at their destination. The cover was pulled off and they both got out. Jarod stood there as the night breeze ruffled through his hair. Suddenly there was a bright light in his eyes. Jarod brought his hands to cover his eyes.



“Jarod, it’s only me.”



“Sydney.”



“Come on we don’t have much time.”



“Where are we going?”



“I’ll show you.”



Angelo hugged Jarod and said goodbye. “Angelo’s not going with us?”



“No, I asked him and he said he didn’t want to go.”



“Goodbye Angelo.”



They went to Sydney’s car and took off. They parked in the driveway of Sydney’s cabin and waited until Miss Parker and Broots got here. Car lights could be seen coming up the driveway. Jarod looked out through the window and watched as they were turned off.



“Who’s here Sydney?”



“You’ll see.”



Sydney opened the door and let in Broots and Miss Parker. They both had brown bags and put them in the kitchen. A cardboard box was under one of the bags and it was put on the table.



“We got pizza, Sydney.”



“Thank you Broots.”



“Sydney, who is the man who is here?” He asked as Broots went into the kitchen.



“That’s right you don’t know who Broots is. I’ll introduce you when he comes back.”



Miss Parker and Broots came in and looked at Jarod.



“Jarod, this is Mr. Broots.”



“Hello Mr. Broots.”



“Hello Jarod.”



“Well, it’s time to eat. We brought Pizza.”



They all went into the kitchen and sat down at the table.



“Pizza? What’s pizza?”



“This Jarod.”



He lifted the lid and got a piece out and put it on a plate then he gave it to Jarod.



“This is good.” Jarod said as he swallowed his first bite.



After the pizza Miss Parker got out the ice cream.



“What’s that Miss Parker?”



“It’s ice cream.” Miss Parker remembered the first time she was put on Jarod’s case to capture him and he had sent her ice cream. She spooned out the ice cream and gave one to Jarod and then to everyone else.



“This is good.”



The next day Jarod woke up and looked around. He wasn’t at the Centre and then he remembered what had happened. He got up and looked out the window then he put his hand on the window.



“You can go outside Jarod.”



Jarod looked back to find Sydney there looking at him. “I can go outside?”



“Yes, but don’t go far. We still have to eat Breakfast.”



“Okay.” He opened the door and went out onto the porch. He squinted and put his hand up to his eyes to shield him. Sydney came out and gave him sunglasses to put on.



Jarod walked out into the lawn and just stood there as the sun shone on his face. He was outside and took the time to look around him. He heard the birds singing in trees. He smiled as the wind blew through his hair.



He was called in by Sydney and followed Sydney into the kitchen. He sat down in the chair and started to eat when Sydney started to eat. After dinner the phone rang. It was Miss Parker telling him that the Centre called telling her that Jarod ran away. They would have to go in.



Jarod was gone one day and there was a note on the table when he got home.



Sydney,



Thank you for getting me out of the Centre, but it’s time for me to leave. I’ll keep in touch with you and with Miss Parker. Tell Broots and Miss Parker Thank you for me. I appreciate what you did for me.



Jarod



Jarod had stayed a week, but it was time for the bird to leave the nest.



The End