Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and it’s characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



Back Again
Conscience
By: 24



Miss Parker

Miss Parker watched through the one-way mirror as Jarod and Sydney did a simulation. She watched as Jarod was subjected to a traumatic experience that someone else had lived through. He was getting into the mind of the person to see why a person had done something. Sydney had gone into his office to check something out and watched Jarod as he turned pain filled eyes towards the glass. She was shocked to see him looking right at her. It was like he knew that she was there watching him. She remembered before the reeducation when he was free how he would call her and give her clues to her past. How he would always whine about what he had done inside the Centre.



The next day Miss Parker watched again through the one-way mirror and watched as Sydney and Jarod did another simulation. This one was about how just one person could infiltrate an organization and bring them down with some bloodshed. After they were done Sydney once again went into his office. Once again Jarod turned to the window zeroing on where Miss Parker was. She then remembered what she had said to Gemini the boy that looked like Jarod did at that age. She had told the boy that she saw the same pain in another boy’s eyes and she looked away. She also remembered that she wouldn’t look away again and here she was looking away from Jarod’s pain. She had only seen a few of Jarod’s simulations and the one where her brother and Mr. Raines had killed him and brought him back again.



She made up her mind as she looked through the window and then walked away. She was going to help Jarod and she needed help.



Sydney

Sydney watched as his brilliant student gets into the mind of someone and then looked into his eyes and saw the pain there. It reminded him of when he was free and would talk about his painful past. He couldn’t take it any longer, so he left to go to his office. He couldn’t get watch Jarod as he went through a traumatic experience.



The next day Sydney watched as his pretender did a simulation that would cause some damage. He knew that it was a military contract and so he knew that it would cause bloodshed. He also knew how angry Jarod was when he found out what his Sims was used for. Once again he couldn’t face what Jarod was doing, so he went to his office.



He made up his mind as he looked through the window of his office watching Jarod look through the one-way mirror. He would help Jarod, but he would need help.



Broots

Broots watched through the surveillance camera as Jarod went through a painful simulation. He watched as his normally bright kindhearted eyes turned to pain filled and worried eyes. He couldn’t watch anymore and so he turned away from the monitor.


The next day Broots watched another simulation through the surveillance camera. This one he knew would be used for evil. He remembered when he had stepped inside his house to get help because one of his simulations was used for evil. He remembered that Jarod had helped him by giving custody of his daughter Debbie to him and not his ex wife. He was grateful for what he had done. Then he remembered when Jarod had helped him when he was on the run from the Centre and Damon. He had watched as regret has crept into his eyes as he shot and killed Damon.



He made up his mind that he would help Jarod after what he had done for him. He would need help to do this.



All three of them met in secret at Sydney’s cabin. They all would each have a job to do when it was ready to get Jarod out, but first they had to set it all up.