Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



Trust
By: 24


They say that trust is a fragile thing. They are right whoever they are. I trusted Sydney to come alone to my latest lair. We were supposed to take that father and son fishing trip that I dreamed of taking with him. He had hoped that Sydney thought of him as a son, but he only thought of him as his science experiment.



-Flashback –



It started on a bright sunny day. There was not a cloud in the sky and he let the sun shine on him as he waited for Sydney to get there. He was on the deck of the house he had rented. He heard a car drive up and he looked up to find that Sydney was there with a fishing pole in his hand and a tackle box in his other hand. He also had a duffle bag on his shoulder. He watched as Sydney made his way down the stairs and started up to help him.



“Don’t come up Jarod. I got it.”



He waited there until Sydney reached the deck to walk up to him and give him a hug after he dropped his stuff.



“It’s good to see you Jarod.”



“And it’s good to see you too Sydney. We finally get to take that fishing trip I asked you about.”



“Yes, we do.”



Jarod showed Sydney his room and they went back outside. They made their way towards the dock and baited their poles. They talked as they waited for the fish to bite. They were talking so much that he didn’t hear the hunters close in on him.



“Don’t move Jarod.”



Jarod froze then got up and turned to face Miss Parker, Sam and some other sweepers who had their guns trained on him. He knew that there was no escape for him and wondered what happened.



“You did this?”



“I’m sorry Jarod.” Sydney said.



“How could you? I trusted you.”



“I’m sorry.”



“Is that all you can say is that I’m sorry? I’m sorry that I trusted you. I will never trust you again.”



He watched as the sweepers put the cuffs on him and drag him away.



-Present Day-



Jarod would wait until he got the chance to escape from this place and he would disappear. He could, would never trust Sydney again. That trust had been broken and it could never be fixed again.