Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



A Letter
By: 24


Miss Parker walks up the steps to her house after a long day of trying to find a genius that doesn’t want to be found. She unlocked the door, closed it and then locked it then gathered the mail that was on the floor. She fixed her dinner, ate it and then put her dishes in the dishwasher. After that she went and picked up the mail. There were bills, advertisements, more bills and a letter. She looked curiously at it for a minute and it took her a minute to realize that she knew the writing. She took the letter to the living room and sat down to open it.



Dear Miss Parker,



This letter is to tell you something. I didn’t want to send this to the Centre, or call you since the phone might be bugged. I have been in this world for six years now and had always had the means to disappear. When we were on the island I thought that we might take the next step in our relationship, but I was wrong. You pulled your hands away from me when we were in the car at the airport. I thought there was more to us then I run and you chase, but that turned out to be wrong. That hurt when you pulled away from me. You see I love you and I have always loved you ever since we first met in the Centre. I’ve watched over you ever since I escaped the Centre to make sure that you were all right. The only reason why I gave you clues was to open your eyes to what the Centre was capable of and the lies that you had been fed throughout the years, but you don’t seem to want to open your eyes to the truth. You might have thought that I did all of that to hurt you, but that is far from the truth. I would never hurt you and I am sorry if I did.



You were my friend inside the Centre, but then when you left and came back the little girl I once knew wasn’t there anymore. You didn’t seem to mind that you were playing with a lab rat. We had some great times inside the Centre going on adventures. I miss my friend, but I guess she’s not there anymore. I tried so hard to bring her back, but she doesn’t want to come back. She was the only light in my dark and dismal life inside the Centre. You kept the pain that was so much part of my life away for just a little while. Now you just think of me as a lab rat and for that I am saddened. I am not a lab rat, or a science experiment. I am a human being and have feelings. You keep on pushing me away and it has been too much. I can only put up with so much.



I hope that you get whatever you want in life and I hope it makes you happy. I won’t make any more contact with you, or with Sydney anymore. I’m cutting all ties to the Centre. I am going to try to put back the family I was stolen from and put it back together.



Good luck in what you do Miss Parker. I hope that you will forgive me for the little stunts that I pulled while the chase was still on. There will be no more clues to your past.



Goodbye Miss Parker



Jarod.





She looked at the letter for a little while longer and then threw it on the table. She couldn’t believe it. He was gone. She couldn’t believe that he was gone never to be heard from again. She shouldn’t have pushed him away all the time. She had been mean to him, but he had been mean to her too. She poured herself some vodka and stared out the window.