Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Some of a kind
Part 2: Parker

A Pretender Fan Fic by Mareen


Oh thank God. Thank God. He's here. I'm not alone anymore with this crazy son of a bitch and his best friend, Mr. Very-Sharp-Knife.

I close my eyes for a second. Try to be myself again. Miss Parker. Daddy's little angel. The Centre's most favorite Bitch. Cold as ice.

No fear. No emotions at all.

Oh yes. Here we go again. I'm back. It was just a moment of loosing myself. That's over now. I'm back.

Jarod is here. Probably feels like the knight in the shinning armor. My hero. If he thinks that will make me let him go, he's absolutely wrong. I will still bring him in.

Yeah. Miss Parker. Cold as ice.

I force the hysterical laughter back down where it belongs.

Jarod is talking to his brother, the little psychopath. Is he begging for my life? Why is he doing that?

Oh yes. "I still remember the little girl that gave me my first kiss."

Sentimentalities, Jarod. Sentimentalities. Why do you just never get that?

My arm feels warm. I look down at it. Jarod's leg touches me. It feels strange. Secure in a way. I've never felt this secure with anyone but Jarod. No one makes me feel this way except of him.

Whoa! What are you doing here? What are you trying to do, Jarod? Trying to get me on your side again? By touching me with your leg? Only you could think that would work. Not even sex would work, Wonderboy. Won't work. I'm still Miss Parker, not the little girl who told you her first name.

Sentimentalities. Pointless.

But I don't move away from his warmth. I just try to follow Jarod's words.

I can move away later.

Kyle says nothing. He's only looking at me and then towards Jarod. And back at me. And Jarod again.

I want to ask him if he thinks about this as some kind of Tennis game.

But I don't. I say nothing. I look into his eyes. I see how their expression starts to change.

What's going on? What's going on in this little crazy head Raines messed around with?

He's turning around.

I don't understand. Why is he going away?

Jarod is calling after him, but Kyle doesn't respond.

After a while, Jarod gets down on his knees in front of me. His one hand is on my shoulder and part of me wants to tell him to get the hell away. The other part wants to tell him everything. All the things I do not even dare to think usually.

What is he doing to me?

Very carefully, so very, very carefully, he takes away the tape on my mouth and somehow accidentally lets his thumb brush over my lips while doing it.

Get the hell out of here, Parker! Get the hell out.

"Did he hurt you? Does it hurt anywhere?" His voice is so warm. So caring.

"What? You want to examine me, Wonderboy?" I sound so harsh. But I have to. I have to protect myself. I need to do this.

His eyes go dark from disappointment.

"I call Sydney and tell him where they can find you."

I don't say anything. I just watch him taking out his phone and talking to Sydney.

"They'll be here in 20 Minutes. I have to go now", he says at last.

"See you soon, Jarod." My voice is so terribly cold. "When I find you and bring you in."

"Bye, Parker." He turns around and walks away. It's out of my mouth before I can stop it.

"Jarod!"

He looks at me again, hope in his eyes.

"Thank you."

He smiles.

"You're welcome. - Always."


The End