Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own 'em, I just write about 'em.

Fly On The Wall
by Wandering Spirit




I stand there smiling at him, just as I always have. I never stopped smiling at him. One may think I have absolutely nothing to smile about, but they're wrong. You see I know all the secrets.

I stand there and listen to the musings of a lonely soul, thrown into The World after an eternity of isolation...and an eternity of loss. Of course, I'll never tell Jarod's deepest secrets. I can't, you see. I am unable to talk.

Yes, I am very passive. I stand there, much like a fly on the wall, and listen to the goings on around me. Most of the time I am trapped inside in a lonely apartment or warehouse, or duffel bag, but sometimes, if I'm lucky, I travel with him. I see all there is to see, and I hear all there is to hear. Once I was chased down with Jarod by, you guessed it, the Ice Queen herself. Good ol' Miss Parker. Oh, by the way, I DO know her name, her first name that is. Jarod uses it a lot when he is thinking about her; the little girl who gave him his first kiss. Quite frankly I'm surprised that he hasn't asked her to run away with him already. You know he wants to! Why doesn't he just spare everyone the suffering and DO IT, ALREADY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Did you know that he has already formulated a plan outlining every detail of how to safely get Miss Parker out of the Centre forever? Bet ya didn't. Yup, he's had that plan ready since the day the hurricane struck in Florida and he was trapped with that Parker woman (personally, I don't know what he sees in her. Yet, he's told people that she has a softer, gentler side, so I'll take his word for it).

I stand there smiling, watching the child-at-heart furiously typing on his laptop, his shifty eyes taking in every detail of the information on the screen. His forehead is crinkled; he is obviously deep in thought.

Considering the lonely life I lead, you may think that I get very bored. Well, being with Jarod is anything but boring. In fact I consider myself lucky...no, HONORED to be in his presence. I mean, heck, I could be decapitated in some rowdy seven-year-old boy's room with my legs under his bed and my head in his fish tank. Jarod treats me with respect. He needs me, you see.

Yes, it is I who helps him through the tough times. I am always there for comfort. I give him what no one else can.

As he averts his eyes from the computer, I can tell he is in desperate need of some good ol' TLC. That's where I come in. He reaches for me, holds me up to his face and smiles as he bends my head backwards and pops a soothing tablet into his mouth. Yes, PEZ is very addicting. But hey, there are worse things to which he could be addicted, right?

There. All better! I am the one who gives him comfort; not Zoe (that bitch), not Parker, not even Sydney. It is my soothing PEZ and I that brighten his day! And now I can proudly stand up and say, "It is a privilege to be Jarod's favorite PEZ dispenser!"