Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Title: Angels

Disclaimer: Not my characters.
A/N: For Nancy, who wanted J/MP and Catherine/Mr. Parker



Her father calls her Angel. Jarod knows she is. She is beautiful, kind, gentle. Everything he thinks angels should be.

And she brings light into his life.

Before, he was content to do the tasks set for him. Now, he wants more.

She makes him dream of a world outside the Centre. A world where he doesn't have to crawl around in the shadows.

Sitting on his narrow cot, Jarod thinks about the kiss she'd given him that afternoon. He knows he'll love her forever.

He decides one day he'll kiss Miss Parker again. One day, in the world outside.



Catherine sits on the porch swing, rocking gently in the breeze. One hand rests on her swollen belly. She laughs as her children kick.

"Here you go." Her husband passes her a cup of tea. She smiles her hanks and studies her husband.

He should be thrilled, she thinks, and though he says he is, there is a sadness in his eyes that Catherine doesn't understand.

And because she wants so desperately to make this marriage work, she'll pretend that everything's fine. She pats the seat next to her and waits for him to sit.

"So, how was your day?"