Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

In the smoke filled two story club Jarod slowly, with intent, scans the club seen with all the noise and dancing and the conversations going. This pretend was going so well he thought, having a mental lapse and remembering a few nights ago. He had just discovered the great taste of sour Patch kids, thinking why would a candy company want to shape their image in the shape of a child and make it very sour? well at least it made since to name them so, laughing at the thought of how they candy had made his face twitch when he first put it in his mouth. All of a sudden two sweepers came rushing in the candy shop, luckily he saw their movement from outside and got a jump on them by running out the back door. Looking around he saw a huge metal dumpster near the exit he shoved with all that was in him knowing that if he could stop them now he could easily escape. Just as the sweepers ran into the door he was able to knock over the dumpster and the sweepers ran head first into the now blocked door and crushed each other into it. Jarod smirked as he vanished into the dark night. A sudden back beat from the dance hall music brought him back to the present. Will the owner of the club was making his way through the thick crowds towards him yelling at him about something.

"Hey Jarod get your mind on your work and give me a shot of Jack with a Coors chaser!" Jarod had to smile at the comment of a chaser, he thought this guy has no idea what a real chase is, his own chaser, Miss Parker, had been after him since he broke out of the Center.

"Right away Will, your the Boss!" as he grabbed the bottle and a can to complete the request. Will slammed the drink and gulped the good size drink from the beer.

"Ha, Jarod you don't know what you're missing!" still yelling over the roar of the music and all the noise. Jarod just tilted his head and cocked him a sideways smile and whispered to Will as he moved away

"Oh I know and it ain't worth that much." As Will moved back out on to the dance floor to as he called it "work his magic." Jarod slowly pulled out his red notebook and glanced at the newspaper headline he had cut out that brought him here.

"Women Drank herself to death, found in local forest." He slowly paged through the notebook putting the pieces together that had given him his suspect. Soon the person responsible would pay for their crime he would make sure of it.

As he watched Will move around with the women in the club he began thinking of what Will was doing.It was immorally wrong and he would make sure he would fell the same way the women that he took advantage of did. Will was a coward at heart, Jarod knew that's why he would have to go so low as to drug the women he was with. By slipping a little bit of the drug into their drink that he served them he was able to take advantage of any of the single women he wanted. Yet the last girl he drugged had a reaction to it and a vomited all over before her heart gave out and had stopped beating. Will couldn't seem to face his problem so he took the body into the woods with some empty liquor bottles and left her there so if anyone found her it would look like it was only a personal problem that had drove to death.

*****

The Center - Blue Cove Delaware

Miss Parker calmly walked into the sim lab where the source of her search was found, Sydney was there testing a pair of growing twins.

"How can I help you Miss Parker?" Sydney asked in that smooth gentle voice of his.

"Sweepers made contact with Jarod. Broots, you, and I are on the next flight out to Seattle, We leave in less than in hour be ready." she stated. As she looked on the as the sim continued and she could actually start to feel her freedom coming. This time she would get that boy wonder of theirs. It was only a matter of when and her moment was due. As she turned to leave Sydney and his experiment behind when one of the twins jumped out in front of her. Startled a bit, she simply replied

"Sydney get your Mr. potato head out of my way, before his brother becomes an only child." the twin just stood their and said

"So much pain. Why do you hate your own twin so much? You are living with your sadden loss."

She was disgusted with his remark, she had every right to hate her brother, I mean he's a killer and mentally unhinged. Nobody could fault her for that. Yet some how she had a spot in her that understood why he was the way he was, plus he is family and she was stuck with that fact no matter what had happen with them in the past. But with the other remark about living with sadden loss, it had been years since her Mother's death and yet she lived with the fact she couldn't get past that day.

It was still crystal clear in her mind her Mother's body lying there on the floor by the door of the elevator. Sometimes she thought she heard her mother's voice coming from somewhere in the Center, but then she could never find the source of that voice which always haunted her. She ponder all of these inner demons on her walk through the Center on her way back to her office. Waiting there by her door swaying side to side was Broots

"MMiss PParker" he stammered as she approached her doorway and entered in with Broots following her in talking about the technical approach to catching Jarod

"Get to the point!" Miss Parker stated loudly.

"A lead for Jarod leads to Paris, France a credit card was used in his name to check into a hotel room. According to log he will be there for the next week and is currently online in his room.

"Jarod is leading us on another wild goose chase with that lead Miss Parker thought. Yet she would have to send somebody to check it out. Well maybe brother will come in handy after all she smirked.

"I'll send Mr. Lyle to France to check it out, but we will still be going to Seattle." stated Miss Parker.

*****

Seattle

Jarod worked out how to set his plan in motion, Early the next day Jarod had sent a message to Will to come to the club because of problems they had with a fight which broke out last night at the club. Will entered his empty club and saw only Jarod working at the bar cleaning off the shot glasses.

"Here you go sir, a shot of Jack with a Coors chaser." Jarod smiled as

Will downed the shot and took a sip of his beer "so you wanted to talk about that fight or what." Will had started to slur his words out as he looked to Jarod.

"Well I was wondering," Jarod smiled "How did it feel when you killed that girl and left her in the woods!" screamed Jarod his statement filled with rage that he could only compare to the time when his brother had been killed, and he had held him in hs arms until he didn't breath anymore.

Will stumbled backwards slurring all his words as he spoke "Wwwhat ddoo yyou mmmean?" he started to feel a little light headed as the world started to spin around him.

"How does it feel to have the roles reversed? Yea, not that much fun, not being able to control yourself not being able to defend yourself from any kind of an attack total and completely vurnable." stressed Jarod with the final words. Will slowly slumped over in a chair as he passed out from the effects of the drug Jarod had given him in his drink. Time for step two Jarod thought as he moved in to pick up Will.

When she got into her room that the Center had setup for them while in Seattle, Miss Parker found that three red roses were on her pillow along with a note. She gingerly walked over to them, knowing that no one knew she was here, with the exception of Sydney and Broots also knowing that neither one of them would have placed these here.

She slowly at down next to them pondering about who sent them, she grabbed the note and read

"Miss Parker the sign of three roses simply states the phrase of I Love You. Catch me if you can Jarod."

She sat there stunned, was he just playing one of his sick mind games on her again or was he actually falling for her? Starting to reminisce about the candy heart that he had given to her and to be honest with herself, she had wondered what it would be like to kiss him again now that they were adults. She felt warm and content about that thought as she laid down on her bed next to the roses to tried and sleep off the jet jag.

Soon she was in a field filled with wild flowers in a long white lacy sun dress smiling and soaking up the warm summer rays of light, she felt a rush of warm breath on her ear as she laid there. A small soft whisper came to her senses a pair of loving arms wrapped themselves around her body and held her in a tight embrace.

"I love you." the voice whispered to her, she was content just to stay in his arms forever, but slowly she turned around to give him an answer to his statement. When she turned around though the first thing she saw was his eyes. Deep pools of emotion that flowed toward her and through her like clear glass.

Suddenly she realized who this man was, it was Jarod, the man she cared so deeply for, it was him. Struck with the sudden pain in her heart of relaxing that she had to bring him in, or she would never be free from the Center.

Miss Parker awoke from her dream with sadness in her heart about the dream or was it a nightmare that she didn't know. What she did know was that she was still in her clothes that she had left Blue Cove in. She had drifted off to sleep for hours and had little time before her meeting in the lobby with Sydney and Broots.

Man this was starting to get to her now she was even dreaming of him, Jarod never seemed to stop entering her mind and it was getting a little unsettling for her. Never before had she let emotions run her life, yet somehow she couldn't stop thinking of Jarod. She made her way to the bathroom to shower and grab a change of clothes which now only had in hour to do this in. as the hot water pulsed through her body and she relaxed to the rhythm of the shower Miss Parker smiled at the thought of her and Jarod as a couple really who was she kidding they would be at each other throats all the time, yet if she wanted to be free from the Center she would have to bring him down and back to Blue Cove before her life could start over again. with that in mind she stepped out of the warm shower to dress and get a little something to eat before meeting Broots and Sydney.

Will awoke with one major hangover it felt as though his head had swelled to three times its normal size. He tried to put his hands on his forehead but found that he was tied up and couldn't move what so ever. Panic started to grip him in the recesses of his mind as his memory started to come back to him, Jarod that slime he would pay for drugging him just wait till I give my hands on him he thought. Suddenly a deep dark voice yelled

"So how does it feel? what is it like knowing you're going to die and there is a thing you can do about it. You're helpless, you can't defend yourself just like Beth felt when you left her drugged helpless in the woods!" Will was in shock how did he know? he thought he was so careful with that certain mistake he made. He confessed

"Jarod how was I suppose to know she would have a reaction to the drug I slipped her? I didn't mean for it to happen that way, I just knew that it would kill my business and I couldn't let that happen after all the work I did!!"

Jarod knelt down next to Will who was now quivering in fear of his life "Boo!" was all Jarod said as he got up and retrieved the video of his whole confession, "It shouldn't take the police to long to find you, just hope for your sake it's before the bears come out, I hear they are pretty vicious."

Jarod smiled as he walked away as Will screamed at him for leaving him out there.

When Jarod got back to his car he heard the faint noise of the police sirens coming to pick up Will. Maybe he would stick around for the weekend after the club was a great place to be, to soak up on the atmosphere of it all. The loud crowds and interaction with everyone he always seemed to find himself in the mist of the chaos around him.

As he drove away he thought of all he had done since he escaped from the Center and his mind seemed to always go back to his own chaser, Miss Parker, he wondered what she had thought of his gift he had left in her room. He himself wasn't sure why he had written what he had, but it seemed to be the correct thing do at the time, and the only way he could express his bottled emotions.

***

Broots seemed right at home with the club seen. All the questions they had asked people had lead them to this hole in the wall of a night club.

"I guess bartending was he way of expressing his loss of control about the way he feels." Sydney stated "Really and I thought it was just the weather."

Miss Parker sneered. She was still amazed of the way they managed to pack in all these people into one spot as small as this. Suddenly out of the corner of her eye she saw him. There Jarod was just dancing away, the way his body moved in one with the music the sway he did with his hips was enough that Miss Parker looked at him a total different light that a boy wonder gone astray.

"How do you what to do this?" asked Broots bringing her out of her trance on Jarod's hips.

The song had ended and Jarod looked up and straight into her eyes. She felt as through he looked right into her soul. Suddenly he was gone, she noticed him dart up the stairs to the second level of the club.

"Damn! come on he's not getting away that easy!" Miss Parker yelled as she took off after him hot in pursuit. Jarod's heart had skipped a beat when he had seen Miss Parker she looked so lovely all the time but tonight she was even more striking than normal. He knew why she was there although his heart didn't want to he ran up the stairs. His heart was racing now as he looked for a way out. He had made his way through the crowd up stairs and gone up all the way on to the roof, hopefully this act would give him enough time to come up with a plan of escape, but time wouldn't last to long just as long as the crowd was still dancing he had the best chance.

Miss Parker burst up the stairs and to a sudden stop at the top to scan the room for her prey. Broots came up and didn't see her and plowed right into her and forced her out onto the dance floor. She glared at him and yelled to scan the floor and she would check up on the rooftop. Jarod ran to the edge of the building where there was a small alley. It was about a good seven to eight foot jump but will a good running start he could make it, he backed up to give himself enough of a running start. Just then Miss Parker kicked the door open to the roof hatch and saw Jarod through the pouring rain backing up and starting to run towards the edge of the building.

Oh no you don't she thought you're not getting away with that as she drew her gun out and started to run after Jarod. Jarod knew it was do or die and with Miss Parker on his heels he flung himself over the edge of the building diving head first over the ledge on the other side of the alley. He ducked and rolled with impact of the fall, he quickly got up and started running again.

Miss Parker saw Jarod jump off the building and land on the other side, what the heck if he can do it so can I she thought and never slowed down running after him just as she sprung over the edge she felt her ankle make a wet snap. Her body slammed into the wet concrete side of the ledge on the other building and knocked the wind right out of her. As she hung there half of the edge holding on for dear life she thought how this was all her fault, trying to live up to her father's wishes.

Suddenly and ever so slowly her hands slipped a little further as she grabbed harder squeezing the life out of her hands. Panic slowly started to creep into the back of her mind, but she ignored it she had to hold on.

Jarod turned around to wave and smile at Miss Parker for once again getting away from her trap, but she wasn't there then suddenly he saw through the wet rain what looked like her hands grasping to the edge of the building with all there might.

She tried to jump it too Jarod realized as he rushed toward the edge.

Miss Parker looked down and saw the ground two stories below and her gun that she had dropped when she had hit the wall. Soon she would be joining her gun there on the ground next to it, only a matter of time before she fell to her own death she thought.

Just as her grip failed her she felt the strong hand of someone grab her wrist. She looked up through the stream of rain and straight into the warm eyes of Jarod the panic she had started to feel sudden dwelled into nothing. As he slowly pulled her to the safety of the rooftop, he was soon able to grab her waist and yank her up the rest of the way to safety.

He pulled her to her feet and a tender moment passed as they looked deep into each others eyes. As if by one mind they both roughly kissed a deep wet and meaningful kiss. soon they both realized what had just happen and broke a part their longingful embrace.

Miss Parker fell on her now swollen ankle. As Jarod let her go and started to flee the rooftop. Miss Parker sat there amazed at what happen between them. At the moment she could honestly say she was the happiest and felt the warmest even though she was drenched to the bone. In his arms she had felt safe nobody had ever done that for her except her Mother.

Snapping her out of her thoughts she heard Sydney yelling to her asking if she was OK. Boy she though was she ever OK she smiled inwardly and waved a limp hand to signal Syd that she was going to be fine.

Jarod ran down the stairs of the building hailed a cab to take him to his apartment to get his DSA and leave for his next pretend, yet some how his mind was on Miss Parker the entire time. what if he returned to the Center? would he be able to see her more? No, he decided this is the way it had to be, him running and her chasing.

Why were feelings the hardest thing to understand the both thought, but then with out feelings what kind of person would they become? That kiss had changed them, yet neither knew how much it really would effect them.

To Be Continued...