Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Keep Cool Parker
part 5
by M N



Jarod made is appearance in front of all the women and heard a general whistling. He cracked a little smile and search Parker in the crowd. She was apparently busy, searching for something ( just like an eagle on it next pray to be exact). Suddenly she looked at him and didn’t hide her surprise. Jarod was amused! * I’m gonna have fun!!*

He quickly entered in his pretend though he wasn’t here to flirt!

"So women, you’re here to learn a very special karate there isn’t many people who can practice it, and you won’t be able to learn it later so I suggest you to listen carefully to me.

Miss Parker was still at shock but tried to look unaffected. If Alex had employed him that was certainly because he didn’t know him so she couldn’t make a fuss right here claiming he was the one she had hunted for so many years they would think she’s just crazy. Besides, why would she do that if she thought she would have a lot more fun to see how the thing is gonna happen.

"In order to show you the « making of » I need the best in karate here.

Every women drew back to show Parker (even if all their wish was to be the lucky one to be held in Jarod’s strong arms they had learn discipline they were perfectly trained they all admitted that Parker was definitely the best)

It was the first time then that Jarod and Parker made eyes contact. It was very intent. None of them wanted to disrupt the contact because actually they were in a eager conversation.

Parker eyes telling I can believe you’ve done this !

Jarod eyes telling her I know what I do.

And they both thought about the last time, when a child they had learn together karate. Miss Parker had been the best.

Her eyes reflecting now a mocking expression saying you’ll loose again jar !

Jarod eyes answer dream on Parker.

Then a smile formed on Miss Parker lips so she finally had it her punching ball !

Jarod recovered first from the eyes contact and quickly takled as her trainor ( hey the other women were beginning to ask themselves what was the matter with those two !)

"So, what’s your name"?

"Your’s first!"

"Ok, all I’m Jarod Kick but want you to call me Jarod."

"I’m Parker."

"No first name?" he asked teasingly

"Let’s fight ok? the sooner it is finish the sooner I’ll eat. "

"No problem I want you first to fight me I want to test you to know how you react and then I’ll use you to show the different posture. I want all the other women watching closely I want your comments after the fight ok?"

They all nodded.

Parker knew Jarod was doing her a favor he needn’t to test her he just know she needed to « exteriorize ».

Parker was the first one to attack, Jarod thwart her .. and so on. The fight lasted 10 minutes. Miss Parker was letting out all the energy and the frustration she had in store from four long years on Jarod .

Jarod was stunned by Parker ability and if the fight stopped it was more because of their mutual exhaustion Nobody got the upper hand. The fight was so beautiful to watch that when it ended all the women applauded.

Jarod tried to not show his breath was short and continued ok!

"You really are a good fighter Parker! He said bluntly. Parker flashed him a „you knew I was good at karate glance" and looked away she didn’t want to be too suspicious besides now she was really calmed down and it felt good.

"Any comment there? " Jarod asked to the women.

"Nope! It was perfect" answered one of them. They all nodded.

"I have a comment though answered Jarod those kind of fight aren’t really useful. I mean, don’t get me wrong, in your profession you’ll be with people who will be as good as you in karate you’ll fight ten minutes without someone winning the other the winner will be the one with the best stamina.

"This IS dangerous don’t forget you are women if you fight guy, you’ll lost! You need to trick the opponent. And that what I’m gonna teach you.

And so during some long hours Jarod teach them the subtilities of his art.

Parker finally find the ideal moment to ask him how he came here and why he’s done that but he shushed her rapidly and whispered in her ears that he would tell her everything later „right now it is not safe".

The session finished at 1200 pm.

The women were so exhausted that they had some difficulties to walk!!

1200 pm
The dining-room.

All the women were gathered in their table eating some unedible thing while Jarod, Alex and his goose were feasting in the other side of the room.

Lisa sat just beside Parker like usual and threw her a knowing smile.

Parker chose to ignore at first but irritated by her persistence gave up.

"What??????? "

"huh? You had a good time?"

Parker rolled her eyes like i could have a good time in jarod’s arm! "Dunno what you’re babbling about!! "

"Oh come on!!! There was something special between you too!!! We all saw it!!"

Parker choked

"Are you mad??? We just fight!"

"No no!!"

"What? What I was doing then?"

"You were trying to impressed him."

She hadn’t that wrong!! After all she wanted to show him what she was capable of ( kinda like a warning) Parker escaped a little smile and Lisa was happy.

"Ah!! Don’t tell me you don’t find him handsome?? Some women would have killed to be you at that time! (She punched gently parker and winked at her)"

Parker there nearly broke out of laugher!

"So?"

"OK! He’s handsome! But…"

"Oh shut up Parker! I just know you like him."

"You’re too stubborn Lisa!"

The conversation dropped there and Parker observed Jarod at the other side of the room. He seemed to laugh along with the other. He was acting a complete other way! That was quite strange, and a little scary too. He manage well in his pretend Parker admitted.

Now it was time to go to bed. Alex announced that they had two extra hours tomorrow
"Cool", said Lisa sardonically, "we’ll have to wake at 8 am!! What a rest! "

***

Parker and lisa’s room
1 am.

"Pfuu!! I’m not unhappy to go into that bed!!"

"Me neither!!!!!!! "

But once Parker was drifting to sleepy-world the door was forced open.

Lisa and Parker jerked awake and waited for the stranger to get in ready to attack.
But at their surprise Jarod entered shushing them before they could answer anything.

Then Jarod talked in sign language to Parker.

Lisa frowned trying to figure what he was doing!! And why was he so interested on Parker. But much to her damn Parker answered in the very same language, moving her arms and hand swiftly.

"What…."

Parker and Jarod immediatly motion her to shut up!

Parker got an idea took a pen and a piece of paper and write down

Don’t worry Lisa Actually i knew Jarod. Don’t worry and please tell none. Then she handed her the paper.

Lisa nodded and write back then i guess i go back to sleep, like usual…

Parker smiled to her and drew a big thank you with her lips without letting escape a single sound.

They sat on Parker bed. Jarod had a torch.

And of course they’re talking in sign language all the time.

*What the hell do you think you are doing!!!*

*Please Parker!*

*And how come they don’t know you in here?*

*Well the Centre is impervious. Blue Cove and only Blue Cove knows my existence. They need this imperviousnes in case a Centre filial is exposed.*

*OK. Then why are you there?*

*You have a short memory Parker! Who is afraid of the big bad bug?*

Parker’s eyes widened in recognition.

*Yeah, Parker. How do you explain that Alex still did not kill you since there is effectively some bugs here? That’s why I came here on the first place to save your ass. Once I had hanged up I thought about the bugs. I came here and when heading to the control room I found Alex’s room. I broke into it and saw your program for the day coming. I took care of your ‘former’ trainer and learned his karate. The trainer sincerely think is sick to death so he don’t suspect anything.*

*But why staying here Jarod? Since your bugs excursion was a success?*

*I wanted to see you… to know if you were all right and all…. *

*I still don’t understand you Jarod.*

*Well never mind! I returned the favor you gave me with Ellyr. You didn’t bring me back / you’re not dead thanx to me*

*You don’t want to get ride of Ellyr , do you?*

*Parker!! He… he means everything to me now*! He’s gestures were going faster and faster as he was trying to tell her how much Ellyr was a part of his life now.

"So? You ‘ll leave definitely the Centre?* Miss Parker finally asked knowing he had thought about it anyway and admitting by that, that if he didn’t want them around they couldn’t track down him.

*No, not now I mean. I still have some „issue" to clear up and then….. yes. The countdown is up now.*

Parker didn’t know what to think and how to act in front of him!! Hell! She didn’t even knew how she was feeling!

*And… your pretend?* she managed to say

*I’ll have A job.*

Miss Parker nodded. Jarod watched her a few seconds. She was glaring at her sheets, not wanting to make eyes contact. Jarod then decided to leave.

He said in final thought that they would maybe see each other again… and to think about his ask about Ellyr’s care. Then he left. It was a lot easier to say that in sign language than by voice he thought! And the good thing was that Parker couldn’t even shut him up or yell at him since they had to be silent.

*************************************

I’m upset. OK I didn’t have to worry about the bugs thing but then I had other things to fill my mind with. Jarod! I hate him!! Another night I won’t sleep even if I’m exhausted.
Why did he come? He really wants me to take care of Ellyr??? Why that?? I’m the ice queen after all!! I don’t like kids! I’m not like this „Parker" I dreamt of! Nope !!! I’M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is not working. Of course Ellyr was a nice guy! And yes I had a good time there!! But that’s the problem! I’m not suppose to have fun when Jarod is around!!

What we will become Sydney, Broots and I when he’ll be gone?? They’ll kill us? Because we’re no more useful?

Oh god I’m exhausted! I can’t even think straight.

And on those good paroles Parker gave herself to slumber.

******************************************


An monstrous bell rang in the morning. Parker and Lisa jerked out of their bed putting their pillow to their ear. How are you supposed to stand a such noise ?? (especially when you hadn’t had much sleep)

Miss Parker and Lisa moaned during all the process to get dress and all, telling how much they want to sleep , how much they would like to put a bullet in Alex face ….

This day was cooler that the days before. They had only 10 hours of training. And when they were all reunited in the fight room the night Alex made a final speech.

"Girls, you all now tomorrow will be your last day here. But there it will be the ultimate test .I know you all think you are ready, and in some extent yes, you are ready! But you aren’t still ready for ‘THE CENTRE’. So tomorrow you’ll be face to face to you roommate.
You’ll take some feet back and then at the „tooop", it will be the first one of you two who shoot the other. "

All the women gasped, shocked. But they had learn not to be shock too long and came back to a not impressed mode.

"We want the best one", continued Alex. "We don’t want failure or weakness. Where you’ll be you’ll have to not even trust your brother. And you’ll have to be ready to shoot anyone. I said anyone. Tomorrow will be the day that we’ll know if you deserve to be a CENTRE employee and the best of the Centre."

Parker and Lisa had still alerted eyes how can they dare to ask that???? Kill each other????? They really are monster. Parker and Lisa exchanged a quick glance saying it all they had to find a way out!!


The END!!! ……. For now thought.