Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

No comment today :)






Keep Cool Parker
part 4
by M N





This same day
2am

It was two in the morning when Parker heard a muffled biping. My phone!!! She quickly grabbed it; hoping lisa was still asleep.

"Hallo Parker"

"Jarod" she whispered

"Why are you whispering Parker? " He asked surprised

"What? Don’t tell me you don’t know where I am right now? "

"Well … i got busy…Sydney told me you were on a .. "

"Yes, I’m in a training session Jarod and I’m not supposed to have a phone. I have a roommate too. "

"So that’s right! They dare to send you there??? "

"Jarod: don’t laugh: because I swear it I’ll show you personally what the training learnt me! "

"Huh huh then I’ll may not laugh. "

"You seem wiser Jarod since …. A few time…"

"Yeah! Some perspecives have changed.."

"Why did you not call sooner? "

"I was …..fearing this call"

"Really? Perhaps it is because you asked me something i can’t do. "

"Parker , I …"

But Parker heard some noise in the other bed.

"Lisa? Is that you? "

"So you have your phone… "her voice was cold.

"Is that a problem? "

"How come you have a phone while we all had ourselves „removed"? "

Jarod at the other side of the phone was listening hard since Parker did not hang up.

"Listen, please don’t tell them Lisa: i was suspicious about this place and so i had hidden it. "

"Whose on the phone?

"A friend of mine"

Jarod was delighted!!

"And what tell me you’re not one of them spying on me? "

Parker was flabbergasted: so Lisa was suspicious about her!

"Hey! I’m the one who should be suspicious about you! "

"OH? And why that? "

"Listen Lisa: I promise I’m not one of them. Please don’t talk about that to anybody. For now I’d like to end this call"

Lisa was still a little relunctant.

"Ok but we’ll talk about that again. " Lisa seemed afraid now: certainly fearing for her life.

Lisa: don’t worry but. "

"OK I go back to sleep then I guess? "

"Yes I would love that…."

The first word that Parker said to Jarod was: "And don’t dream Jarod: you’re still not my friend. "

"Oooh!! I have to bring this bottle of champaign back in it cave then? "

"I fear you’ll have to yes! "

"So, do you think you have a ally here? "

"I dunno! "

"I may find more about her: What do you know about her? "

Parker told him she was from arkansas that her name was Lisa Bedet.

"I’ll search: I’ll tell you about her .. tomorrow ? "

"Why would you do that? "

"Do to the other what you’d like the other do to you….."

"Are you talking again about your „ proposition"? "

"Who knows! I’m serious about it Parker"

"I think you lost your sanity Jarod"

"It could work though Parker! It could work" And he hanged up

****

Morrow
Parker and Lisa’s room.

*I’m tired, very tired. All those days in Hell. It ‘s getting worse and worse everyday. What would this day bring?*

I suddenly became aware that someone was getting really close to me. I burst awake at the second: ready to attack. ( kinda nervous today: that’s not a good sign) Lisa backed off, defensive.

"Hey!! It is Me Parker!!!!!! " she yelled being surprise by my sudden attack

"Oh Lisa! I said relieved!! You scared me to death!"

"Huh!! You’re the one who frightened me!! I just wanted to wake you up a little sooner so we can talk. Besides you don’t need this training, you’re fine to me. "

"That what I think too but I’m stuck here anyway. I said bitterly"

"You must have a „big past" to react this way", Lisa added more to herself than to me

"You can say so, yes. Well, so let’s talk about those stuff. "

"I was thinking there may be some … she bent over me and whispered ….bugs here.

My eyes grew wider : how can i have forgotten that!!!! Since there is no camera there must be bugs!!!!!!! Jarod! The phone call! Oh gosh!! Those bugs can’t be whisper detecting please!!!!

Lisa remarked my striking face but acted like nothing had occured and said. "I need some fresh air. Are you coming with me? "

She ‘s wit I thought.

"Hum yes I’m coming I need to" jog" a little anyway. "

***

Later
The citadelle’s little garden.
6:pm

"You were shocked Parker. So this call wasn’t supposed to happen? "

My mind was swirling : it was too much!! First I’m still not sure if Lisa is an ally or not (even if I have the feeling she is, my safeguard instinct tells me the contrary) And second I’m in big trouble: because of the bugs.

"Of course i was! I’m not suppose to have a phone, remember! "

"Why did you keep it then? "

"I was thinking i could call some of my trusty friend if… „something" happen. ( try not to say too much Parker) Lisa nodded. Her figure was hard. She seemed worried too.

"Lisa, I’m just like you: I’m here to do that training because someone ordered me too: I’m not one of them in anyway. I’m not here to spy on you. "

Lisa studied me intently. After what seemed to me like an eternity she answered :

"I believe you Parker. But now you’re in big trouble with those bugs. You should take care of this quickly. "

I was trying hard not to look desesperate. But the panick on Lisa eyes made me loose my cold blood.

"But what can I do?????????? "

"Maybe first you should come up with „an logical explanation " and then set up a plan to destroy the bugs record"; Lisa said simply.

I looked at her eyes wide open.

"Don’t look at me like that: I’m not the most concerned so I can think clearly that’s all! "

"Actually I ‘m please you help me, Lisa. "

We talked about the bugs issue: but we found no way to get them out of their dirty hand.
So my story has better to be good or a miracle must happen to save my sorry ass.

"This was one of your trusty friend on the phone last night? "

"Hum !! no! It wasn’t." ( that was the first words that came out of my mouths but i hadn’t even thought it. It was more my defensives walls that had answered: what I had built all those years.)

"He! What’s the matter with him ?" she asked feeling that there was something.

"He is more like a bug himself". I answered

"Oh? Why were you wanting absolutely continue the call then? after I disrupted you? "

Shit! I was trapped!

"You’re curious Lisa"

"You owe me, Parker!! "

"We had to talk about a unrealistic things he asked me. "

"What? He asked you to marry him?" She quiered innocently

I stopped walking at once!! ( because we were walking while talking)

"What? Marry him??? That’s the most unthinkable thing i have ever heard Lisa!!!! " I was laughing at the though.

"So I really don’t see what this unrealistic thing can be!! "

"Don’t worry: it is unrealistic anyway so…"

"Maybe we should go back in now! It is getting late. But you’ll have to tell me more about that Parker! "

I took my breathing as though I would never breath again, put the best ‘I’ve done nothing bad’ face I could manage and get in along with Lisa.

***

The citadelle
7pm

Alex was waiting for us.

"What were you doing young women? " He had this face he had the day lea was ‘murdered’

"We were getting some fresh air outside" answered Lisa

"What? There is nothing against that I think? Why would you have this garden then", Miss Parker added harshly.

Alex sent her: a very bad look and answered: "You’re supposed to tell us you’re going there first though: I won’t tolerate this happen again ! Is that Clear?" His voice wasn’t being hard or something. No it was smooth but the two women knew better than that: he would killed them .

"That’s clear, we won’t do that again." They said

"I want to see Parker in my office in five minutes though."

Parker didn’t boudge a muscle : "Of course sir: I’ll be there"

He left. I was silent, so was Lisa. We exchanged one look saying it all: I can do nothing for you: Good luck/ I know that, don’t worry: I’ll be fine, since saying it aloud would betray us.

Lisa was at the breakfast. Parker in Alex’office.

"Parker, I’m not really pleased by your behavior."

"What displease you sir? " I answered

"First you’re little fly away this morning, then you’re way to answer me. You’re a very good asset Parker: you entirely fulfilled the physic aspect of this training but i feel you kinda hostile anyway. And i won’t accept that! Can’t you understand that this training will bring you power and money??? Are you ready to get ride of this away? I see two people in you Parker: fighting each other: the moral part and the wicked one. Let this one surround you Parker: because this is the better one. The other one is weakness."

Why he’s not talking about the bugs thing?? Is he trying to destabilize me? He don’t know about the bugs yet?? Oh thanx god!!! I was momentarily relieved but i knew it had to come later. It is the time to act the best i can!!!

"You’re right Alex. There is those two persons in me. But i made my decision. I made it yesterday to tell you the thruth.

"I’m on your side now."

"As for my hostile way to answer you: i just don’t appreciate much to be „patronize" and i like to make it clear. And about this morning escape like you call it: i really didn’t know it was bad. I’ll ask you in the futur. I can have power and money: and i want get it all. I won’t be of any problem anymore sir." My visage was uncaring , my eyes were exactly reflecting what my mouth was saying. If he wasn’t believing me then: he had to know about my phone call!

Alex’ face light up! I was certain you would do the good decision. And I’m glad you did avow that you were uncertain by the past. This is frankness: and i love it. "You may eat now. Please call : Lisa: i have to talk with her too. "

I left, overjoyed inwardly. I make it!!! I MAKE IT !!!!!!!! When Lisa saw me she sighed from relief. So she ‘s definitely not one of them! Or she’s is a even more better pretender than Jarod!
I smiled at her.

"Hey Parker, that’s good to see you back! "

"Yeah it is! But i have bad news though: you have to go to his office too!!! "

"Really? " She wasn’t smiling anymore

"Don’t worry: i know you will manage perfectly." (She shot her a knowing look.)

"OK! I’m leaving then. "

Lisa came back too. She had managed. We never discussed about it: the important thing was: that we were still breathing. I had to know though: how come i have no problems with the bugs thing?? I didn’t know at that time but: i would understand very soon.

******

The morning we had what i call SIMS. Because it was sim: they weren’t saying things that way We’re the chairmain of a compagny and we have to takes decisions. But BAD decision: Like how to bluff a partner, kill the traitor/ or the one who failed this is the same, find some new completely unmoral things to do, etc…

I was good at that game!! But something was terrifying me!! I was saying stuff that seemed out of the question to me but that was actually good ideas to the other.

Alex wasn’t in a good mood. He asked to some of his goose to take care of us for a while. Wonder why!

****

The same day
03:00 pm

The simulation were coming to an end. (luckily: i was getting hungry). Alex convoked us all.

"Hello Ladies, We had an impromptu this morning: the one who should have taught you our „ special Karate" was stuck in his bed: he’s sick. Luckily: i’ve found someone else. We ‘ve discussed a one and i think he is a perfect matches. He’s been trained here just like you but ten years ago. So he knows perfectly well „our" Karate. I want you ready in five minutes in the fight room. I warn you if you’re not there in fives minutes you won’t eat at all today! Is that clear for everybody? Besides: you want have your meal before at least .. hum ….11:00 pm. "

Everybody scurried to their room .

"I’m hungry!! They shouldn’t do that: I have some tendancy to get very angry and very dangerous when i have nothing in my stomach , I said ( and meaning it) "

"I bet you are. "Lea said winking at me.

We were all there in the five minutes. The trainer though wasn’t here. I was getting angrier and angrier at any minutes passing. And i had get this energy out. I was searching someone to punch when the trainer got in. I couldn’t see him first but i heard the women giggles. * The trainer is handsome or what?* I turned my head and ……was stunned!!!!!!!

JAROD???? I nearly blurted out.