Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

PART THREE! Of course I don’t own the character ( who didn’t know?). There Is not beta-read this time. ( I hope you’re patient)
To Andrea: sorry!
To Nicolette: Thanx!!






Keep Cool Parker
part 3
by M N



When Parker entered her office she felt at once that something was…. Unusual.

This silence on the corridor, the particular smell she always find them different when something Is going to happen. She don? know where this feeling come from, but at thinking of It , she may have been developing It during those 4 years at searching for Jarod. So much happen… her father disappearances.. Lyle’s arrival Jarod’s clone… each time she had felt that something ‘weird’ coming.

So now she was heading for her office, her sense In alert. *As If this stupid dream I had wasn’t enough„. A red button on her answering-machine was twinkling . Against her will she pushed It.

Her father voice burst out of It.

"Angel, this Is me. The triumvirat has decided something big about you and I ? the one who have to break you the news. Don’t worry angel. This is not that big but I need you in my office asap. "

So that’s was It!!! She thought. She tried not to alarm herself while proceeding to her father office she congratulated herself of her own intuition’.

***

Mr. Parker ? office.
8:00 am

When Mr. Parker saw his daughter entering, he straightened himself and greeted her.

"Angel! I’m glad you’re made It this fast. "

"What do you want daddy? " she queried putting her that doesn’t affect me at all’ face.

"Well the triumvirat thought that maybe a ?raining„ would do you a real good. "

"What ?? a training’?? "

"Calm down angel nothing to worry about. Just a training period to Improve your performance.. After all It’s been a while you did not practice. And there a lot of Job where someone need a training period. That’s not something unusual or something.. "

"I don’t need a new training daddy!! I’m perfectly able of.. "

"But she was of course", interrupted by her father. "It won’t be long!! Just a week. There’ll be other women In there.. "

*How relieved I am * she though Ironically: actually: It Is even worse!! "But daddy that would do nothing!! "

"I’m not that sure angel! I think you need to re-focus on your mission. The time Is running
out now!! Jarod has been on the loose for too long ! We need him back!! "

*I can’t believe It!!* Finally her latest dream wasn’t her worst nightmare!

"Angel: I fear you don’t have any choice", he said suggestively

Miss Parker was fuming Inside!! How can the Centre do that to me?? How can my father do That to me!!! Besides It Is not my fault if the Centre can? keep Jarod Inside more than 5 minutes when they have him back!!

But feeling that she won’t obtain anything from her father she just turn around and left, trying to shut her ears about her father telling her that the training would begin this afternoon.

****

Broot’s office.
8:30

Sydney and Broots were chatting about a TV show they saw the previous night.

"This wasn’t realistic at all!! Those two girls should have been a lot more traumatized after what they ?e been through", advanced Sydney.

"Yeah!! And this thing with the computer search: It Is unthinkable!!! "

Parker burst then Into the room and scanned the area * what can I hurl Into a wall here?????*
"Miss Parker?? " Sydney said alarmed

This was too much for Miss Parker and for the first time she lost her usual unaffected way and exploded in front of them .

"My daddy want to subdue me to a training!! I’m not enough focused he said!! HE said MY time Is running out!!!!!!!!! Can you believe It????????? I spent every moment of my time on the search of Jarod! I got an ulcer because of that !! I saved his ?um.. life twice and he? still not happy about It????????? "

She was shouting. Sydney was mouth-gaped and Broots was really upset of her state of mind.
She finish her tirade’ on the sofa and waiting for their reaction still very ……edgy.

Broots was the first to talk. "Well, seeing you in this state, I would suggest you shoot some moving targets first In the sub-level under and once pacified a little coming here to analyze the situation. " Broots though a minute at Parker glance that he had had a very bad idea, but Parker stood up and announced that he had right.

"Sure there is some target of Brigitte effigy left there? That would relax me!!! I’ll be right back!! "

Parker retreated: the two puzzled stooges left were not talking anymore about the last night TV show!! What was happening here was certainly more interesting.

Syndey talked first this time. "I must admit you had the most useable Idea!! "

"But I don’t know where I got it from!!! He answered still shocked. She was really angry…

"Hum hum!! I think we can say now that we have seen her angry. "

"Huh" added Broots.

*****

Broots office
10:00

One hour later Miss Parker made her reappearance in Broot’s office completely exhausted.

"Well, at least she is quiet now", Broots whispered to Sydney.

"How long will this training last?" Asked cautiously Sydney

"One week", she answered with no emotions or resentment in her voice.

"When will it began? "

"This afternoon. "

„Where? "

"I don’t know! Here certainly…

"On what will this training consist? "

"I don? know yet!! To re-focus me I guess", she answered bitterly.

"It Is weird! We hadn’t heard from the triumvirat from a long time maybe there is someone new at the head… Perhaps we should play the ‘safe card’. You could play the nice sheep for the week. They’ll have an eye on you. But Broots and I will lead our enquiry during this time.

"The problem Sydney Is that I don’t want this training!! I do not need it. "

"I know Parker. But I think the Centre need to think it still has a control on you. If you act like it is the right then maybe we’ll have more freeness of our movements.
The Centre ?e m?ie de nous„ since we’re foraging our noise not always where we should.
If they see you with your „ former state of mind„ they’ll be relieved…. Miss Parker tickled a little at the mention of her „ former state of mind„ * so I changed that much*

"You ‘e right she said eventually, you’re right. I’ll act as they want me to act: but we’ll see

****

Miss Parker’s sanctuary

About noon a sweeper knocked at Miss Parker? door.

"Yes she answered pissed"

The sweeper came In obviously very.. anxious.

"Your father sent me to report on you that the training is taking place in a centre annex in Illinois. You have to be there at 5 pm with your stuff. " The sweeper wasn’t at all at ease and some bead of sweat were streaming along his forehead.

"And? " She hissed

"Well", he suggested, "you leave now to pack your stuff. "

Miss Parker was having a hard time to restrain herself from smacking him.

"Just leave now", she said shooting him her killing glance.

The sweeper turned around at once and left.

****

Miss Parker’ s home
12:00am

Miss Parker was packing her stuff in real fury. She had Informed Broots and Sydeny of her ultimate departure in Illinois and had made her best to not look depressed, teasing Broots about having a quiet time without her around and Sydney about not having to smile all the time along when she was sullying Broots.

They tried their bets to comfort her, but she was still enraged.

"I’ll go there with my car: It will give me time to think and to prepare myself to what I’ll have to endure. "

And Jarod! He will be on the loose during all this time. I’m wondering what will happen now that he has a ... *she couldn’t resolve herself to say it out loud at fear of being listened and maybe for something else too*. He will stop to contact us soon?? sure It’s just a matter of weeks now. He’ll always caring for the other and I know he won’t risk Ellyr’s life.

"He will try to resolve all his questions in a short time and once done. Pouf: no more Jarod.
Hum! I just sound like a pretender myself !! When I think I’ll be playing the nice obeying freak there!!! "

Miss Parker was finally ready. She went Into the car and just sped off. She continued her thoughts.

What will I become then? My father will want to reassign me somewhere.. and Sydney? He will no more be of any use ( I prefer not to think of what useless mean at the Centre) ! As for Broots he certainly will be reassigned too. Not a very enjoying perspective!!! Miss Parker eventually fallen silent during the rest of the trip. Suddenly a big structure was on sight
I can’t believe this is another Centre annex!! How many annex do the Centre have that I’m not aware of???? She wondered bewildered.

****

The citadelle
5:00pm


When Miss Parker entered the complex she had a sick feeling in her stomach. She fixed her best: Don’t-mess-with-me-guy, don’t-think-you’re-better-than-me and do-you-know-how-much-I-despise-you„ look and get In. ( she the only to be able to express all at the same time! :)

A man In his forties greeted her and told her to join the other woman who were already there.
There was around ten women there: from around 28 to 32 years old. Since Miss Parker was the last; the man in his forties Introduced himself .

"So, women: I’m Alex. I’ll be your training man . I want discipline I want strong women and I want obediance. It may seem hard: but once out of this training you’ll be the best: good and well payed jobs will be awaiting you. This place is called ‘the citadelle’ and no one is allowed to get out of it during the training session. Nonetheless: there is a little garden outside where you will be able to go.

Miss Parker had observed all the women and none of them had flicked; ‘strange’ she thought! Miss Parker wasn’t afraid either: she had prepared herself for something like that.

"So, Alex continued some men will show you your rooms. You’re been assigned to one in particular. You have someone else with you: and we won’t change anything. Is that clear?? All the women nodded. ( besides Parker) ‘I? not a sheep!’ ‘But you must act like you’re one„ she reminded herself. So she nodded too but 30 seconds later so it was no more use. ‘I’m such an idiot’, she berated herself.

Ten Minutes later

Miss Parker was In her ‘New room’ and was supposed to get acquainted with her roommate Lisa till the diner is up. *Cool, I? stuck with these girlie now* She thought. Lisa may be in her middle twenties.

Miss Parker out packed her stuff without uttering a word thinking that this women is certainly not so innocent that it seems she is. And that the Centre certainly choose her because she must be good at pretending she is a friend . That way Miss Parker would confess at her and then… quick… no more Parker.

*I can? believe how the Centre underestimate me!!! As If I? the kind to stupidly threw myself In someone else arms to get reassurance!!!!!!*

Parker get conscious of a noise annoying her and finally turned herself to Lisa.

"Hola! Parker!! It? been 5 minutes I’ve been calling you!!!"

"Oh really? " She ice-toned

"I didn? mean to disturb you though…."

"Well now It’s done just shoot!! " She feigned boredom.

"Huh I thought we could make a little catch-up to get to knew a little more about each other since we’re stuck here for one week."

"Stuck? " Miss Parker faked a outrageous tone.

"What ? You enjoy going In here? "

"I’m not really thrilled with the prospect but maybe It could be a good thing after all."

Lisa seemed dubious.

Miss Parker looked directly Into her eyes sending her a don’s-question-my-telling-you then seeing It was of no effect on her, gave up.

*Maybe I should ask some lessons of pretending to Jarod after all!!!*
Since Parker needed to know as much as possible on this lady she asked her why she Is here.

"Hum, I’ve been sent here against my own will."

Oh! that was just giving reinforcement In Parker belief. *Just like me: how strange! She thought Ironically!*

"And why did your employer sent you there? "

"He talked about ‘unfocused’, ‘too much failure’ and so on! She answered bitterly.

Miss Parker was puzzled: would the Centre go so far or is she just like her : a black sheep needed to be re-whited?: *Nah!! she would be suspicious about me! She IS from the Centre*
But then the bell rang announcing the diner was up.

**************************************************

The Citadelle dinning room.
18:00

When the women came In they could smell the parfum of the food but It wasn’t on the table yet. *hum at least the food smell ok here!* thought Miss Parker.

Alex and some other guys that Miss Parker called Goose ask them to sit down. Lisa sat near Parker. ( greats!) Some of the women seemed getting along well and was chatting. Ten minutes later the diner wasn’t still up and Parker began to wonder, this smell was so good that she was starving now and of course losing her (short) patience.

Alex and his goose were standing at the door. Miss Parker got up and addressed to Alex:

"Next time: I suggest you rang your bell once the diner is up: I know it is really funny to rang a bell but I’m sure you can wait a little longer.

Alex just smiled.

"I’m sure you wouldn’t mind to tell me then: when the diner Is up?

He smiled again.

"You know.. Alex… I really look forward the training where I could punch you once or twice. She got back immediately to her sit never seeing if he had smiled again or not.

"So? When the diner is coming?", asked Lisa.

"From that smile on Alex face: I’ll say …… Not tonight.

"What? "

"They want us to starve. Is that so understandable?" She hissed.

"Oh! They want us in our worst mood tomorrow…"

"Well luckily I still have some cookies In my bag! Because with this smell around: It Is torture."

As the other women was getting impatient too, Alex told them:

"The training is beginning women: I don’t want to hear a little wail or I would ask you all to do 20 pomp. There Is nothing to eat tonight: you’ll wait here for 45 minutes the time my guys and I eat in the table there: he motioned to a table for 5 persons at the other side of the big room.

And so during 45 min, Alex and his goose ate some lasagna laughing In front of starving women.

"There playing a dangerous game here: we’re ten there just 5! Stated Miss Parker: the day we bored with them: they’ll dead man!"

"huh!! "

******

The Citadelle
The dining-room
19:00

Alex was now announcing this night program.

"OK, now I want you all in your room to get changed and back in ten minutes in the fighting room. If you’re not all here in ten minutes that will be 20 pomps by minute passed.

One of the women asked where is the fighting room and Alex answered they had to read the Citadelle map which was on all of their bedroom door.

Miss Parker was clearly pissed. * who do they think they are? It is not the military service here*
All the women were scurried to their room. Miss Parker didn’t boudge.

"He Parker!!! Waved Lisa: I suggest you hurry up a little."

"I don? like being commanded! "

"And? It Is just for one week!!! Please I don’t want to do their stupid pomp let’s go!

*shit! I had already forgotten!! I’m supposed to be happy with this!*

"You’re right ! Let? go! "

Lisa and Parker made their best to be there at times but they get lost in the process and when they finally found the fighting room: two minutes had passed.

***

The fighting room
19:12

"So, thanks to our dear friend: Parker and Lisa here you all have the deep honour to do 40 pomp. They all obeyed but a general grudge was forming. Two hours later when they were all exhausted by their fight Alex eventually annouced that It was time to go to bed because tomorrow would be a hard day!

***

Parker and Lisa’s bedroom.

"Oh my god! I’m exhausted!" Said Lisa

"Hey!! They went through my stuff! "

"What?"

"My cookies: there aren’t here anymore! "

"Hey: they took my cell phone too growled Lisa. "

"Then they’ve taken mine too! " Miss Parker wailed ( Inwardly she was thanking her Instinct that had made her hide It )

"Somehow: they’ll pay for that one day", murmured Lisa.

The two of them were now in bed: but sleep wasn’t coming to Miss Parker: she still wasn’t sure If she could trust Lisa ( she seemed far above all soupcon for someone who come from the Centre) and although she had her phone: she would be discovered by Lisa If It happen to ring.

Two day passed. The training was really hard: they had just one meal per day , too much hours of training and not enough sleeping hours. One women ( her name was L?) had gave up and according to the new rule of the Citadelle: she had to die.

Nobody had seemed outraged when Alex announced that one of them had to kill her ( she was In another room: and didn’t know the fate that was waiting for her) Melinda was specified to kill her : lea was her roommate. If she didn’t kill her: she would be killed too and so on…

She had no choice: she killed her. But the training was getting his fruits : Melinda wasn’t that upset.

I was so glad I hadn’t be specified, what I would have done???? Since I was determinated not to kill anyone: we’re not animals: we have a conscience!! Even If I acted more and more ruthless everyday ( actually I? sure daddy would be please : this training makes me just more sick about this madness every day) I had observed Lisa when Melinda killed a terrified L?: She had a blank stare.

When we got back In our room this night she said nothing. She was shocked ! Parker was more and more curious about Lisa: the training didn’t seem to work on her: just like her. But she wasn’t hidden it so well . Parker pretending seemed well since Lisa wasn’t so thrilled with her.