Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Parker was walking up towards her house when she could hear the faint sound of her phone ringing inside.

 

She raced towards her front door struggling to put her keys in the door dropping them a few times before finally opening it, slamming the door behind her leaving the keys in it, throwing her purse on the ground she runs for the phone reaching it just as it was on it’s last ring.

  

"What!" Parker asks effortlessly as if she hadn’t just rushed to answer it.

 

"Well a happy New Year to you too, I tried to call you earlier but you weren't home"

 

"Don't sound so surprised wonder boy I do have a life out of the Centre"

 

"Sorry I didn't mean to imply" Jarod says sheepishly.

 

"Whatever shouldn't you be off somewhere cozing up with some drunk floozy looking for some New Years cheer or plotting something" fighting back a smile wanting to form on her face.

 

"I would never take advantage of anyone in that condition and as for plotting something, as a genius I'm entitled do a day off now and than"

 

“Well enjoy living it up while you can by the end of this year I plan to be on some tropical isle, which means the only running around you’ll do is in your little wheel”

 

“Well somehow I doubt that, Happy New Year Parker” with that he hangs up.

 

“Happy New year Jarod” Parker says as she places the phone back in its hold. Finally giving into that smile.

 

She was getting soft for him that was the longest normal talk they ever had, a smile grew on his face as he mused over her antics to get to her phone which he saw from his hiding spot and thought to himself that this was going to be another fun year for them as he sneaks off into the early hours of the New Year.