Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

Song: Nobody wants to be lonely by Ricky Martin and Christina Aquilera.


 

Miss Parker had just finished talking to Jarod and for the first time in a while she was the one to end the call, there seemed to be something right on the tip of his tongue the whole time they were talking something big. Yet he seemed to be having trouble in finding the words or nerve to say it so Miss Parker hung up on him in frustration.

She placed the phone back on the receiver and then fixed herself a drink, then went and sat on the couch in front of the fireplace, she watched as the flames dance about in the fire.

Her mind began to drift back to their time alone together on Carthis and to that almost kiss she sheared with Jarod. She would sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have kissed, it was always at that point that Parker would mentally kick herself for thinking such a thing in the first place and got back to doing what ever it is that she was meant to be doing.

Though it was usually only after a few drinks that her mind would do this sometimes, she knew she shouldn't but it seamed to relax her when ever the day had been particularly bad she really didn't know why, though Parker knew it wasn't love it could NEVER be love could it?

Shaking her head Miss Parker got up and turned the radio on to cut the uneasy silence that the crackling fire couldn't break and to try and stop the thoughts going round in her head.

 

 

   
Why, why, why
Oh ooh ohh

There you are, in a darkened room
And you're all alone, looking out the window
Your heart is cold and lost the will to love
Like a broken arrow
Here I stand in the shadows

In the shadows

Come to come, come to me
Can't you see that
Nobody wants to be lonely
Nobody wants to cry
My body's longing to hold you

So bad it hurts inside

Time is precious and it's slipping away
And I've been waiting for you all of my life (ohh)
Nobody wants to be lonely

So why (why), why don't you let me love you

           

 

After the chorus played the rest of the song went by in a haze, it was only when a new song began to play that Parker realized that she needed to think (about her true feelings) and search her heart for the answers to the questions that she never really asked in the first place but one that her subconsion was asking but not tonight

So she turned off the radio and headed to her bed with these song lyrics still in her head.  

 

Nobody wants to be lonely

So why (why), why don't you let me love you