Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

 

 

Jeremy got up and got the cereal out and then poured it into the bowl and then the milk followed. He sat down in front of the T.V. and clicked it on. His father was sitting on the couch reading the paper and he already eaten. His sister came out of her room and got a cup of coffee and sat on the couch watching the T.V. too.

 

“Was there anything from Mom today?” He asked with a hint of curiosity in his voice.

 

“No, there was nothing.” Major Charles said as he looked up from the paper smiling at him.

 

Jeremy nodded and went back to watching T.V. and eating his cereal. He loved eating cereal much more than eating that green glop he had at the Centre. He loved the sweetness of the various cereals. He loved all the things that he didn’t have at the Centre. He often wondered if this how Jarod felt every time he got something new. He still remembered when Jarod smiled at him when he first ate ice cream. He was happy that he liked it.

 

He flipped through the channels, but when he was done he turned it off and washed the bowl out putting it in the drain. He then went back into his room and put his trunks on. He was going to go out on the beach.

 

“I’m going to go out to the beach, Dad.”

 

“Okay, but be careful. If you need me yell.” He said to him as he headed for the door. “Keep the screen open, so I can hear you.”

 

“Okay.”

 

He laid the beach towel out and sat down. He watched as the others around him played in the water, play Frisbee and even some people were building sandcastles. He watched some parents play with their children and wished that he could have had that when he was younger. He wished for a lot of things, but at least he had a family and never have to go back to the Centre again.

 

He got up and waded into the ocean and dived in. He swam for a bit and then came back in. Emily was watching him from the porch. He felt safe when he was with his father and Emily and he also felt safe with Jarod. He went to someone who was lonely in the Centre and having Mr. Raines as a mentor and then he had a family who loved him.

 

Emily watched from the porch as Jeremy dived into the ocean. She smiled at the memory of all Jeremy’s discoveries and wonderment in the world and wondered if Jarod was the same way. She couldn’t wait until they could finally all be a family. She only met and seen Jarod twice and that was it. It wasn’t enough to get to know him. She wished that her family wasn’t torn apart like it was. If her brothers weren’t like they were they would still be with her family and her parents were still be together.