Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Baltimore, MD
Saturday, December 22
10:00AM

When Jarod woke up he found himself handcuffed in a chair in the middle of a hotel suite. Instead of seeing a happy Miss Parker he saw her in quiet conversation with Sam. Sam then noticed that Jarod had come to and notified Miss Parker.

"What do you want Parker?"

"Like I said earlier, I need your help, actually we need your help," she said as she motioned to herself and Sam. Jarod just looked at her without a hint of emotion on his face. "Three children were kidnapped yesterday, two of them were Debbie and Sam's son Tyler. We have five days to get them back, and we need your help to do it." She had purposely left out the fact that the third was Lyle's daughter, knowing that Jarod would refuse if Lyle was involved.

Jarod looked over at an anxious Sam and then back at Miss Parker. His impassive response was, "Pass"

"Look Jarod we really need your help, you're their only hope."

"Pass."

"You can't just sit by and let them die!"

"Why should I help you, you kidnapped me when I was a child. How's it feel Sam to have your life ripped away from you? Now imagine my parents losing two children! Like I said before... I'll pass."

"Please Jarod, I need your help, I'm begging you."

Jarod had never heard such words come out of Sam's mouth, especially with as much love and sincerity as it was said. Jarod looked over at Sam, and saw that this was the truth; they really did need his help. "All right, I'll make you a deal."

Miss Parker was hesitant to reply, but Sam quickly answered for them, "Yes what ever you want." Miss Parker was shocked at Sam's eagerness, but understood.

"You both switch places with me first."

"What? What kind of deal is that? We're not just going to un-cuff you!"

"If you want my help, you'll place both your guns on that table and switch places now, and then I'll tell you the rest of the deal. What do you say Sam?" Jarod continued to look at Miss Parker as he spoke.

Miss Parker looked back at Jarod, when she noticed that Sam was walking over to her with his gun in his hand which was partially aimed at her. "What are you doing Sam?"

"Miss Parker please, do what he says, I can't lose Tyler."

Miss Parker looked into Sam's face and saw the pain on his face, "All right, Jarod you have a deal."

"Both guns on the table please." Both silently complied with the order. "Sam do you have an extra pair of handcuffs? Yes?... good, now handcuff Miss Parker behind her back." Jarod waited for Sam to finish before continuing on, "Have a seat Miss Parker. Sam if you'll please come over here and un-cuff me now." Jarod felt a sense of relief come over him as the cuffs were removed from his hands, and then placed on Sam's. He then led him next to Miss Parker on the sofa, and sat him down.

Miss Parker was the first to speak, "So what's your deal?"

"All right I'll help you find the three kids, with some conditions of course. First, if this is some kind of Centre trap, the Centre will never hear from me again, if it is a trap and I do get caught, I'll escape so fast and disappear so fast that the Centre will once again never hear of, or from me again. If this isn't a trap, then I expect several things from you, one is that you will stop chasing me and two is that you will provide me with information on my parents."

"Jarod I swear it's not a trap, and you have a deal." Miss Parker was once again shocked at Sam's rapid response.

"Now hold on a sec here Sam-" Miss Parker tried to interject, but was cut off by Jarod

"Also you screw up, betray me, or lie to me at any point and I will walk away without a second thought and I will once again disappear. Do we understand each other?"

"Yes, just please help me get Tyler back!"

"I will once we have a deal. Miss Parker? Do we have a deal and an understanding?"

Miss Parker looked from Jarod, over to Sam who was pleading with his eyes for her to agree. Resignedly she said "Yes." She had never seen Sam like this.

"Allright then. A few things first, tell me what you have so far. What do the kidnappers want?" Jarod wasn't able to ask any more questions though, nor did he hear any responses. There was someone at the door, trying to get in. Jarod looked up at the door and then back to his two prisoners, he was enraged, "You lying…"

"Jarod wait, this isn't a trap. It's-"

"Shut up Parker, not another word!" he told her in a hushed voice as he walked over to the door, ready to fight his way out of here if he had to. He had barely gotten behind the door, when the door opened and Lyle walked in. Lyle was barely past the door when he felt a fist in his side, and then just as quickly his one good hand was pulled behind his back with such a force that he thought for a second that his arm was going to be ripped out. Lyle was now facing the doorway he had just entered where a shocked and stunned Broots stood motionless. Jarod looked at Lyle and then at Broots, "How many more Broots?"

"Wha…what? There's no one else Ja-Jarod, j-just us."

"Shut the door and bolt it shut…NOW!" As he said that he threw Lyle up against the wall, and jammed his face into the wall. Lyle tried to say something but was quickly threatened as his face was pulled back from the wall and then slammed into the wall. When he tried to say something again, Jarod did the same thing again. Lyle didn't try to say anything anymore, he had learned. In the meantime Broots had shut the door as instructed, further into the room Miss Parker and Sam were standing not knowing whether to approach Jarod or not. "Broots get over by Miss Parker and Sam. You two sit down now," he directed at the handcuffed pair. 'How did I get myself into this corner?' Jarod asked himself.

"Jarod, listen this isn't-"

"Isn't what Miss Parker? A trap? Because it sure looks like one to me. First you guys make me an offer, which turns out to be a lie, then I cut a deal, and then Lyle comes storming in here. What does it look like to you Miss Parker?"

"Jarod, I know this looks bad and all, but let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain, you lied to me, and it'll be the last one." And with that he pulled Lyle from the wall turned him around and kneed him in the stomach. As Lyle doubled over from the pain, Jarod swept his feet out from under him, so that Lyle lay flat on his back. As he was falling, Jarod pulled the gun out from his waist and held it directly between Lyle's eyes. Lyle looked into Jarod's eyes and saw pure rage.

Lyle froze as he lay on his back, with a gun pointed at his head. In his mind he remembered the time after he had kidnapped Nicholas, and only Jarod and himself remained in the cabin. "It's not a trap Jarod. We need your help, our kids need your help," was all he could say.

"'Our kids'? What are you talking about?"

Lyle was opening his mouth to speak, but couldn't get a word out as Jarod moved the gun barrel into his mouth. Jarod turned to a shocked and scared Broots, "Broots you have exactly one minute to tell me what the hell is going on here."

Broots tried to speak but kept stumbling over his words as Miss Parker spoke up, "Jarod-"

"I wasn't speaking to you Miss Parker. Broots?"

"Uh... uh J-Jarod we need your help. Debbie, Tyler and Simone were-"

"Who's Simone?"

"Sh-she's Mr. Lyle's daughter."

Jarod was shocked to hear this, 'How could a monster like Lyle ever be a father?' "What?" he asked Broots incredulously, as he looked down at Lyle.

"Si-Simone is Mr. Lyle's four year old daughter... The three of them were all kidnapped yesterday afternoon. The kidnappers gave us five days to give them information on the Centre and some other classified information. We need your help to get them back." Broots looked at Jarod with a sincere face. "Jarod...?"

Jarod looked from Lyle to Miss Parker to Sam and then back at Broots. What he saw on all their faces surprised him, they were serious, they weren't toying with him this time.