Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Somewhere in the Atlantic
Wednesday March 11

Steve sat up with Jarod in the pilot's deck talking business since his arrival. They were both looking forward and didn't notice when Miss Parker came up. Miss Parker was surprised to see someone up there with Jarod since she didn't know that anyone else had joined them after Sam's arrival. She walked up to Jarod and placed her hands on his shoulders startling him, she was then able to look into the other gentleman's face and see who it was.

"You?!?!"

Steve turned around, startled himself at the cry. "Oh hi…" He was just as shocked to see Miss Parker there as well, and then to see her affectionately touching Jarod shocked him even further.

Jarod saw the look on Steve's face with respect to Miss Parker's presence and actions and smiled about it before speaking. "That's right you two have never been formally introduced. Steve this is Miss Parker, Miss Parker this is-"

Steve interrupted Jarod, "Uh, are you sure this is a good idea?"

Jarod smiled at the comment, "Miss Parker this is Steve Daniels. He's Deputy Director of the National Security Agency." The two shared a handshake. "And yes Steve it's okay. Besides she's with me now." As he spoke he looked at Miss Parker and drew her back to him and kissed her, which she passionately returned.

At the sight of seeing Jarod and Miss Parker kiss Steve was at first shocked and then smiled recalling his previous thoughts that indeed something was up between the two of them. "I knew there was something between the two of you in Chicago…"

Miss Parker looked curiously at Steve. "It was the way the two of you acted, and what you said to each other… Nonetheless Miss Parker, I'm glad to see that you are on our side."

"Thanks Steve. It's nice to meet you in better circumstances than the last." Miss Parker recalled that at the time the two men were probably very concerned about Marie's condition. "So how did the two of you meet?"

"Through Marie, she worked for me at NSA. She was very deep cover when she met Jarod. Afterwards she introduced the two of us, and since then Jarod has kind of been doing some very quiet freelance work for the agency. Actually Jarod and I didn't become friends until about seven months ago when he saved my son's life." Miss Parker looked at Steve with a questioning look on her face. "My son Alan is twelve years old. We were out camping together when Alan got mad at me and stormed off one night. Jarod was able to find him the next night, and save his life. He had been injured in a fall and Jarod stabilized him until medical personnel arrived… Actually now that I think about it you could have probably operated on him out there in the forest and he would have still made it…" Steve laughed at the thought.

"That's Jarod, the hero."

"Yeah that's me… why don't you introduce Steve to everyone else on board? I have to stay up here and drive."

"Which reminds me, where exactly are we going to Jarod?"

Jarod looked at Miss Parker and smiled, she could tell that he wasn't going to divulge that piece of information just quite yet. So instead she led Steve down below to meet everyone else.

Once Steve had been introduced to everyone else Miss Parker started to head upstairs to join Jarod again. When she got to the deck though she found Major Charles there. "Oh, hi."

"Hello Miss Parker. I hope you'll excuse me for my behavior earlier. You must admit, it is a shock to see you with him without a pair of handcuffs involved."

"Yeah it is. And I know you must find it impossible for me to love your son. But I do. I love him very deeply, and I will do anything to protect him from having to go back to the Centre. I have nothing at the Centre. With Jarod I have a future and hope."

As she spoke Major Charles looked into her eyes trying to find the truth. He didn't have to go very far, it was evident that she really did love his son. "Miss Parker, we won't know about those last two things for sure until we get rid of the Centre… something I've been trying to do for a very long time."

"We will soon, I know Jarod. He won't fail us. Besides with this army behind him there's no way we can fail," she told him as a smile cracked her face.

"Yes an army indeed… one that actually no one knows where we're going to? Has Jarod told you where we're headed?"

"I asked earlier, but he wouldn't tell me."

"Well I'm his father and he better damn well tell me if he knows what's good for him," he told Miss Parker with a smile on his face. The two then proceeded to the pilot's deck where Jarod was sitting alone. "Son, it has come to our attention that no one knows where we are going. We are hoping though that you have an idea."

Jarod startled by the voices, turned to face his guests. 'My dad and Miss Parker are together now and they both seem calm… this could be a good sign…' He pulled the map closer and pointed to a spot on the map showing them their destination.

"Uh Jarod… you may be a genius and all… but I think you may be needing glasses, because there is nothing there."

"Trust me it's there. And you guys are going to love the place! We should be there by noon tomorrow." Both Miss Parker and Major Charles wanted to find out more but Jarod stopped them, "Just relax guys!" And from the look on his face they saw that Jarod wasn't going to say anything else on the matter.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thursday March 12

"Jarod this place is amazing!! How long have you known about this place?"

"Since shortly after I got out. I bought it a year later. This place no longer officially exists anywhere, not on maps or anything. I've been building this place up every couple of months that I've come here to relax…"

"And why did you never have a pretend here? But no, I don't get to go to Paradise, instead I got to frequent every roach motel in the country!"

Jarod looked over at Miss Parker and couldn't help but smile, "Now that would have destroyed all the fun! Besides you're here now with me!"

Miss Parker sexily walked over to where Jarod stood and wrapped her hands around his waist as she pulled him in. "Yes I am…" The two shared a passionate kiss before they were interrupted by Julian who had come to retrieve them.

"So what's the plan Jarod?"

Jarod looked around the room at all the faces that were gathered in the large living room. "We start a power struggle in the Triumvirate that'll trickle down to the Centre."

"How can we do that when we're out here, and besides we don't know who all the Triumvirate is other than Mutumbo," Miss Parker asked him.

"You guys have to understand that I've been working on three things since I escaped the Centre. Finding my family, helping other people, and bringing down the Centre. It took me over two years to ascertain their identities, but I have them now. I got them about two and a half years ago. Before then I was contacting the lower echelons of the Triumvirate's organization getting as much access as possible... and making contacts. Some of those contacts are now the direct assistants of the Triumvirate, advising them whenever asked. The Triumvirate has six such assistants, I control four of them, each one unaware of the other. I also have seven out of ten of the Triumvirate's personal security detail."

Every face in the room was utterly shocked at what they were hearing. Steve was the first to speak, "How in the hell did you do that?"

I started off with low to middle level employees. I gave them information that would put them in favor of their employers, while giving others info that would make them fall from their good graces. The individuals I picked became favored by the Triumvirate members, elevating them to their current positions. I don't have anyone at the Centre, but now that Miss Parker has joined the team, we have an inside woman."

The conspirators were all shocked at what they were hearing, all the lengths Jarod had been going to for over five years to ensure the downfall of the Centre. He continued to explain his plan to them the rest of the day, telling them what their roles would be and what to expect.

When Miss Parker and Jarod were alone they began to discuss the situation surrounding her brother, "What about Lyle?"

Jarod looked over at Miss Parker who stood on the threshold of their room and the bathroom. "What about him?"

"What's going to happen to him?"

"He'll get what he deserves," he coldly told her as he looked away.

Miss Parker walked over to him and sat across from him on the bed. "Jarod he's my brother-"

"You still want to associate him as your brother after all he has done?"

"You haven't seen him over the past year. He's completely changed! Ask Sydney. All he wants is Simone back. I don't know how she made such an impact on him in the few weeks they were together, but she did. He's really trying now, he's become compassionate and caring, not sick and twisted. He-"

"But it's Lyle! He killed Kyle!"

"Yes Mr. Lyle did kill your brother. But that Lyle doesn't exist anymore, I'm telling you he's changed! If he had been given a chance when he was young he would not have turned out as sick as he did and you know it! He doesn't care about the Centre and power anymore, all he wants is to have Simone back. He'd do anything to make you think that he deserves to have her back. He really has changed Jarod."

Jarod looked into her eyes not knowing what to say. "I don't know… I don't know if I can trust him… He's been evil for so long, and now over the past year he's supposedly done a complete 180. It's hard to believe."

"I know it is Jarod, but it's true. Give him a chance, he's my brother. I truly believe he has changed and will continue to do so… Tell you what, you can test him. See for yourself that he really has changed."

"And how exactly would I go about testing his loyalties?"

Miss Parker looked back at Jarod and smiled, "You're the genius. You figure it out!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"So Jarod can I go hunting for the Centre through the NSA?"

"Not yet Steve. There are still a few more things that need to be done before we light the fire underneath them."

"Such as what?"

"Like figuring out where Lyle's loyalties lie," Jarod looked up at Steve sensing his confused look. "Yeah I know, I can't believe it either. Miss Parker says that he's changed since I took Simone from him."

"Well then wouldn't he kill you trying to get from you where she is?"

"She says he wouldn't. Apparently he's changed his ways and is actually trying to change my perception of him so that I would give him Simone back. We'll see though, I think I've got a way to see if he's genuine or not now."

Steve shook his head still finding it hard to believe what he was hearing, "If you say so. Are you sure allowing yourself to be recaptured by the Centre in October is a good idea? It seems kind of risky you know."

"Yeah I know, but remember I will supposedly have been suffering from amnesia and would have forgotten all that had happened to me during my liberation, so they would have no idea to do anything to me, just put me back to work. Besides with Parker and Angelo looking out after me there it'll be fine. Besides I need to be in there to get some of the information I need."

"Jarod either you really are a genius and know how this is going to pan out or you are crazy. I'm hoping it's the former though!" Steve smiled at Jarod before leaving him.