Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Outside Centre Safehouse in Blue Cove
Monday December 24

"I'm moving in now. Broots how's it look?"

"It looks pretty good from here... four on the first floor and two on the second. Looks like no one outside," he told Jarod through the communications system they were using. All four team members were connected through the system and could hear and speak with each other.

"Good... I'm releasing the drug into the ventilation system now. It should only take about 5 minutes for it to get through the house and knock everyone out. After that they should be unconscious for a half hour."

Several minutes later Sam's voice could be heard over the comm-system, "Jarod are you going to move?"

"Sam don't rush me... we'll get your son back," Jarod replied somewhat annoyed and yet understanding what Sam was feeling. "I'm waiting another five minutes for the drug to dissipate out of the air and no longer be potent enough to incapacitate."

Five minutes later everyone's earpieces came to life with Jarod's voice, "Okay I'm moving in now. Broots there's still no movement right?"

"Yep, it's clear in there, you shouldn't have any problems."

Jarod then crept around to the back of the house and picked the lock of the back door. As he opened the door he drew his gun out and entered. "All right Broots tell me what I should be finding..." he asked.

"Okay Jarod, you should be coming upon the kitchen soon and there are two bodies in there... one by the door and one in the center of the room."

As Jarod entered the room he found the two bodies as he had expected. He then pulled out two syringes from the pack he had on his back. He then injected the contents into the neck of each man. "Marie bring the van around back now. Sam you can start loading the bodies into the back of the van."

Simultaneously Marie and Sam replied, "Got it," and "All right."

As Broots looked down at the screens he was monitoring he relayed the information back to Jarod. After three minutes Jarod had finished going through the entire first floor and drugging all the kidnappers. In another couple of minutes he had finished the second floor and was now heading toward the room where the children were being held. Inside the room he found Debbie Tyler and Simone tied to the beds they were occupying, Jarod's heart broke as he saw them lying there helplessly. He then walked over to each and administered a different drug-one that would awaken them, and untied them. He then spoke into the mouthpiece, "I have the children and they're fine, merely sleeping. They should wake up in a few minutes. Sam how's it coming?"

"I'm done with the men down here, I just have the two upstairs left..." he paused before continuing, "Jarod can I see Tyler?"

"Sam I told you that you would get to see him when we get back to the hospital but not before. That's the plan, that way I know you won't try and do anything 'til we're back there! You ask again and I won't let you see him at all. Do we understand each other?"

A quiet Sam replied, "Yeah I got it..."

"Good. I want you to tape all their hands and feet together, also their mouths and make sure they can't see anything," a terse Jarod replied as he walked over to Debbie who was beginning to stir.

"Got it Jarod," he replied as he walked up the stairs to retrieve another body, even though his heart was yelling at him to go down the hallway where his son was.

"Broots I want you to bring the car around back and then get your monitors and get into the truck." In a gentle voice Jarod turned and spoke to Debbie, "Debbie wake up now... it's time to go home now."

Debbie looked up into Jarod's face not yet fully understanding what he was saying, "What?"

"It's time to go home now Debbie... I'm a friend of your daddy's." Jarod felt awkward saying those words about Broots-his friend.

"You know my daddy?" And as Jarod nodded his head, true understanding reached Debbie's mind as she wrapped her arms around Jarod's neck. Jarod was slightly taken aback by the action, but after a moment he put himself at ease as he hugged Debbie back. When Jarod noticed the other two children begin to wake, he broke loose from Debbie's hold and went to their sides to calm them as they woke up.

Over the earpiece Broots had heard the exchange and was relieved to hear the voice of his daughter-she was all right.

Jarod then spoke to Tyler and Simone, "Tyler... Simone... I'm here to take you away from these bad men... are you both okay?" The children merely looked up at him still scared in their unfamiliar surroundings. Jarod took their silence as a cue, he gathered the blankets that were in the room and wrapped them around the smaller children. "Let's go now." Tyler got up from the bed, but Simone remained on the bed, still terrified.

Simone then broke out into tears suddenly. Jarod then gently picked up Simone in his arms. As she was being lifted she threw his arms around his neck and held on for dear life. Jarod then turned to Debbie and spoke, "Debbie can you take care of Tyler for me?" Debbie nodded her head and walked over to him and grabbed a hold of his hand. "Okay then, we're going to go downstairs and walk out the back. I have a car there and we are going to get in it and leave okay." All the children silently nodded and they then all left.

Back at the hospital ward, Sam and Broots were nervously pacing the room they were waiting in, waiting for Jarod to walk in with their children. Miss Parker and Mr. Lyle were still in their original rooms.

Jarod and Marie were in their makeshift headquarters discussing the children. "So when are you going to take them to their fathers?"

Jarod looked over at the children who were at the table eating some food, "I'm going to take Debbie and Tyler back in a few minutes when they finish eating..."

"And what about Simone and Lyle?" she asked him as she looked from Jarod to the little girl.

"I don't know... do you mind staying with her for awhile. I don't know what I'm going to do with Lyle yet... he doesn't deserve to have her back," he told her as he looked at Simone. "I'm going to go talk to Broots and Sam for a second before I take them in, watch them for me will you?"

"Yeah no problem," she told him as she walked over to the children and asked them if they wanted anything more to eat or drink.

Jarod walked down the hall and entered the room with Broots and Sam in it. When they heard the door start to open the both stopped their pacing and turned to the door. Disappointment was evident on their faces when they only saw Jarod enter. "Where are Tyler and Debbie?" Sam asked.

"They're fine, just getting something to eat now. I need to ask you both something first," he told them motioning them to sit down. "What do you both plan on doing now?"

Broots was the first speak, "what do you mean-'what are we going to do'?"

"I mean what are you going to do now with your families?"

A quiet and solemn voice was the first to reply, "I'm leaving."

Jarod looked down at the source of the voice, "What do you mean by that Sam?"

"I mean I'm out. I'm leaving the Centre. I can't work for someone who has my son kidnapped."

"Me too Jarod. I can't do this anymore. I hate working there, and Debbie hates it that I do as well. I'm out of there."

"Thanks... that's what I wanted to hear. I'll talk to you later about this. I'll go get Tyler and Debbie." And with that being said, Jarod turned and left. Within a few minutes he returned with the two children holding his hands.

Their hands released Jarod's as soon as they saw their fathers, both went running to them. As Broots and Sam held their children in their arms they both looked at Jarod and mouthed the words 'Thank you.' Jarod looked on with happiness as he left the room.