Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

In their eyes, they were the perfect couple. The predator and her prey. The "pretender" and his "ice queen". They completed each other. Their lives were nothing but obstacles they somehow seemed to have hurdled, yet, sometimes painfully.

Jarod scanned the many people they had befriended seated in the pews of the church. Being that Catherine had been a devout Catholic, he and Parker agreed when the time came, the services would be of her mother's faith. He stood nervously at the front of the altar surrounded by beautiful floral arrangements. Debbie sat in the front pew as Burke clung on to her and babbled unaware of what was happening. Broots sat along side of his daughter.

They had a relationship like no other. She hissed, growled, snapped and snarled at him each time he'd make those late night phone calls to her. He broke her heart when she barged into his house, into his bedroom and found the profiler in bed with him. He never knew how she felt until then, afterall, she was heartless. When had she begun to grow a heart?

Parker was full of fire. Jarod was just the opposite, knowing exactly how to calm her down. He would always love her. Nothing would ever stop the love he felt for her. She said she'd love him for all the days of her life. She would always be in his heart where she belonged. He could feel the warmth in his heart whenever she was close by. Today was no different.

He remembered the last time he'd spoken to her. She told him he had opened her heart which had been closed a very long time ago. Jarod cried knowing he could never love anyone as much as he loved Parker. She was a fighter, fought what she believed in. She believed in their relationship, in their partnership. So many years had been wasted until they had become one, until they put their past behind of the cat and mouse game they played.

Parker's assignment was to have him returned to "The Centre". He never intended to be caught up in her chase. Somewhere along the way, she stopped chasing, he stopped running. His eyes met Debbie's, he nodded and slightly smiled at her. His child was now sitting quietly in her arms, the baby Parker grew to love and claimed as her own. If she saw him sitting at attention, her little man, who was now almost a year old, indeed, she would have been so very proud of him. She had been right. Debbie was a true friend who'd always be there in times of need.

The church was rapidly filling up with more people. Jarod caught a glimpsed of Parker, but, turned away. She was his family. Tears quickly welled up in his eyes. She was beautifully dressed in a cream colored satin dress. Her hair and makeup had been done perfectly, beautifully.

The priest joined Jarod and spoke to him. He nodded, pressing his lips firmly down which showed the indentation of his dimples which Parker loved, at times, playfully poking her finger into it. He looked out at the people and took his place. Soft music played throughout the church. Jarod slowly inhaled, then, exhaled and waited.

Parker appeared in the arms of Sydney in the back of the church. She'd never imagined this day. The day she would be taking him for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. She thought for sure she would never live to see her "happily forever after".

They both cried when the doctor had given the news that her lump in her breast, was just that, a lump which was benign. She wondered why she was given a second chance in life. Her sky-blue eyes twinkled at the man who would take her as his wife. All was quiet while her captive audience watched her as she took steps to join the one person she had been trained to capture, but, instead, it was his heart, that she had selfishly taken into possession.

"Mama," Burked called out as she and Sydney walked past.

"Shh." Debbie told their little one, while there were soft chuckles throughout the church.

As she joined her future husband, tears of joy filled her eyes. Their yesterdays were now only memories, their tomorrows were promises of things to come. The only reality in which now existed was in the present moment, before a priest, taking their vows of marriage.

"I love you, Parker. Long ago you were just a dream. Thank you for being what you are to me. I will care for you, honor and protect you. I will share the good times and hard times with you. I will always be by your side. My heart will be a sanctuary of warmth and peace. I pledge my faith and love. My commitment to you will never fail. Just as this circle is without end, my love for you is eternal. Take this ring as a sign of my love."

"I love you, Jarod. I am thankful for our love that has bound our hearts. I will care for you with tenderness. I will be with you always to celebrate our lives forevermore. I pledge you my faithfullness and my eternal love. To be with you, is the path I have chosen. I give myself to you. I will make my home in your heart from this day forward. I will be your everything. Together we will dream. Take this ring as a sign of my love."

It was a celebration of new beginnings for them. Their union was sealed with a first kiss as husband and wife.

JMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMP

It was their wedding night. They laid naked in the king-sized bed of their honeymoon suite. Parker nestled in his arms. Jarod caressed her bare skin. Gently, he laid her on her back. Together they moved in perfect harmony. She raised her hips as he rocked her provocatively to his increased rhythm. Arching upward, his bride took all of him.

Jarod moaned loudly when Parker had done a certain move she hadn't known she possessed. She whimpered and lifted her hips from the mattress. He felt her moved against him. He grabbed hold of her body and held her in a swaying motion. Writhing under him with burning desires, she never missed a beat as he delved into her with each rhythmic push. Wildly she responded to his thrust, she brought her legs up and entangled them around his waist. Circling her movements, he jerked explosively. In response to his actions, she immediately followed seconds later.

JMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMP

It was Burke's first birthday. There was a garden party with balloons, party hats, a carousel and a magician who entertained the neighborhood children. Broots walked around the yard with his digital camera taking pictures of the happy event. Debbie was in charge of the younger children as they took turns on the carousel rides.

"You've done well, Jarod." Sydney said proudly as he stood along side of him while Burke sat on his daddy's shoulders and watched the happy scenario. Parker stepped out of the back door, into the celebration with the birthday cake in hand.

"Okay, everyone, it's cake time," she called out to her son and his little friends.

Hurriedly, they gathered around the birthday boy as he was seated in his guest of honor chair, with his party hat atop his head. Jarod had his arms around his wife as a rendition of "Happy Birthday Birthday To You" was sung by everyone. Burke clapped his hands. He loved being the center of attention.

"Okay, sweetheart," Parker bent down to him. "Want mommy to help you blow out the candles?"

"Blow," Burke squealed.

"On the count of three, you and mommy make a wish and blow, okay? One, two, three, make a wish. Blow," Jarod said.

Burke huffed, puffed and blew with his mother's help.

"Oh, Burke, you blew out your candles," Debbie cheered. "Want to lick the frosting off of it? Ummm, yummy."

"Yummy," he echoed.

Parker cut the cake as Jarod scooped out vanilla and chocolate ice cream onto each plate to the eagerly hungry little kids. Burke proceeded happily to feed himself leaving traces of frosting all over his face.

Parker laughed. "Oh, sweetheart, you should see yourself."

He giggled at his mother and happily ate to his content.

"Smile, Burke," Broots said as he held up his camera.

"Smile," Burke parroted, with his mouth full of cake.

JMPJMJMJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMP

It was early evening. Jarod stood in the doorway of his son's room. Unaware of his presence, Parker sat on the floor with her one-year old amongst the many opened gifts he received from his birthday party.

"Tired, sweetheart?" Burke leaned back against his mommy in her comfort. She spoke soothingly to him. "Well, you had a busy day today with your friends, didn't you? Can't believe you're one already. Just a year ago, you came into this world and my whole life changed. Did you know that before I even got to know you, there was someone else who loved you very much? You had another mama before me. She loved you so much that she gave up her life for you. She fought so very hard for her baby. Yes, she did. And I promised to look after you, take care of you. It wasn't so hard because I've loved you from the start."

Parker ran her fingers lightly through his chestnut colored hair as he laid quietly on her. "Well, besides celebrating your birthday today, it's also a celebration of her life. She loved your daddy very much. That's why you're here. I'm glad you're here. I can't imagine my life without you. She left the same day you were born. And I haven't forgotten her. We should never forget her. I'm thankful everyday for you, so that makes me thankful for her. So, why don't we just sit here quietly for a minute or so and remember her memory. To Mama Rachel, thank you for allowing us the happiness you so well should have deserved."

She felt her husband's arms around her. "Have I ever told you I love you? Thank you for remembering Rachel on this day," he whispered kissing the back of her head. "And thank you for being you, for everything."

"No, Jarod," she turned to face him and handed their son over.

"Dad...dy."

"Thank you, for letting me into your lives, for wanting me in your lives. I love you both." She caressed his lips, then, kissed Burke on his cheek.

"I love you, too, we both do." You are so full of love. You've made us into a family, a family I never thought I'd ever have."

The End