Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

The next two weeks past by without any lead or phone call …

Slowly, she got really worried and fell back to her old bad mood.

Broots and Sydney already looked at her suspiciously from time to time.

But she tried to ignore them and their looks.

Jarod would call her. She had to believe in him. He had always kept his promises. 

And on an Saturday evening, when she was already sleeping her mobile phone rang and Jarod told her that it was time and that she should come to the same place they’ve met last time.

She quickly got dressed and walked to their meeting point where Jarod was waiting for her.

He greeted her with a quick hug and gave her a bag with leather clothes.

“You have to put them on. I’m here with my bike.”

He turned around to give her some privacy and she changed into the bike clothes.

She put the things she had been wearing into the bag and stepped in front of Jarod.

“I’m ready.”

He handed her a helmet and she followed him to the place where he had hidden his bike.

They didn’t spoke much.

She was too exited to learn more about her mother. And he knew it.

They rode for hours and it was already morning when they arrived in a little village.

He parked his bike in front of a very cheap looking motel.

“We’re here.”

She gave him a questioning look.

“My parents are going to arrive her in a few hours. I guess we should go in and sleep for a few hours. You really could use some sleep, Parker.”

She angrily looked at him.

“You’re so nice, Jarod!”

“I mean you’re going to need a lot of energy. When my Mum starts talking you can’t easily stop her.”

He smiled at her and she grinned.

“I always knew that it was in your genes, Jarod.”

“Thanks, Parker.”

He entered the motel lobby and she followed him.

Jarod received the key to their room.

“One room, Jarod?!”

“Yeah, I thought it wouldn’t be as suspicious as if we’d take two rooms. Besides, I’ve told the man at the reception that I’d need a room for my wife and me.”

“You’re enjoying this quite too much, Jarod!”

She playfully blamed him.

„Well, kinda ...“

He opened their room and grinned when he saw the big bed and no couch.

“I’m also tired, Parker.”

“You know that I’m going to pay this back to you as soon as I get the chance to.”

“I hope so …”

She looked at him, but couldn’t decide how serious he’d been about this statement.

So she just decided to go to the bathroom, change into her old clothes and get some sleep.