[Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstarPrinterMicrosoft Word
Summary: As Jarodr17;s return shifts the balance of power at the Centre, how would our favorite characters react? What are their new priorities, and how do they respond? This vignette is my musings about how the other characters might discover Jarodr17;s return and how it changes things for them. (One caution r11; Ir17;m not a J/P romance fan. There is no romance here.) Obviously, this never happened in the actual plot of Pretender, but itr17;s all different in my universer30;
Rated: PG
Categories: Indefinite Timeline
Characters: Jarod
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 20298 Read: 5805
Published: 15/09/06 Updated: 15/09/06

1. Chapter 1 by Terri H [Reviews - 0] (2613 words)
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. No infringement is intended and the story is for personal entertainment only with nothing for profit. The words, however, are mine. Please don’t take them without asking. Thanks. Author’s Notes: Part one describes Jarod being retrieved by Lyle and a sweeper crew. I wondered how the other characters in the story might respond to the same event. In season four (Donoterase and The World is Changing), the characters all rushed to Jarod’s side. I wondered if real life might be less noble and have a more “survival of the fittest” feel. Part two explores that idea.

2. Chapter 2 by Terri H [Reviews - 0] (5325 words)

3. Chapter 3 by Terri H [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (12360 words)
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. No infringement is intended and the story is for personal entertainment only with nothing for profit. The words, however, are mine. Please don't take them without asking. Thanks. Author's Notes: Part one describes Jarod being retrieved by Lyle and a sweeper crew. Part two is Sidney, Broots, and Miss Parker's world shifting in response to that event. As their assignments shift and their roles begin to change, it seemed interesting to explore what their challenges become if Jarod is back inside the Center. What are the sources of their inner conflicts then?

In the opening of the actual season 4 (of Donoterase/The World's Changing), we saw one version. It seemed to me they all rallied around Jarod. I wondered if in real life, things might not be so clear, so noble. Perhaps a bit more of a "survival of the fittest" mentality might set in. This is the Centre. What might the characters do to survive, including Jarod? What can make them all do things they said they wouldn't? Things we know they don't want to do. Things we know that would scare them.

Obviously, this never happened in the actual plot of Pretender, but I wondered what it might be like for Jarod if it had happened this way.