Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.
 
 


A Pretender Story
part III
by Evanescent





Raine’s Office
2100 Hours

"Get ready to move Jarod to SL-30," Mr. Raines wheezed.

"My pleasure Mr. Raines," Willy answered as he walked away smiling toward the direction of Jarod’s cell.

****

Jarod’s Room
2130 Hours

Jarod woke up and glanced around.  Something was wrong, he was about to get up until he felt a sharp pain at the back of his neck and suddenly the world went black.  Willy grinned slyly as he put his gun back to his pocket.  That was easier than he thought.  He took out his cell phone and said into the mouthpiece, "He is ready for transportation Mr. Raines."

*****

In the hallway near Jarod’s Room
2300 Hours

Sydney slowly made his way down the hall, Broots followed behind, his eyes nervously darting back and forth, silently praying to himself that he would not get caught.  "Sydney," he whispered, "Are you sure we’ll be able to get Jarod out in time?"

"I don’t know Broots," Sydney whispered back, "I had Angelo create a malfunction in the security system so that will give us at least 15 minutes to get him out,"

"Do you think we’ll make it in time?"

"I hope so Broots," Sydney replied, looking away so Broots couldn’t see the pain in his eyes.  He slowly opened the door, as he crept inside, Broots stood outside, keeping a look out for any sweepers or cleaners. Sydney continued with his search, "Jarod," he whispered, "Jarod!" fearing for the worst, he flipped on the light switch located on the wall and gasped.  Broots heard the sound and rushed to his side, Sydney was in shock, and after a few minutes he whispered "Jarod’s gone."

****

Blue Cove Hospital
2300 Hours

Ms. Parker woke up, her eyes damped with tears.  She touched her fingers to the tears that’s still rolling down her cheeks and wondered why she feel as if there’s a great sadness in her heart that she could not push out of her mind like she always did.  She sat quietly on the bed, tears still rolling down her cheeks, never had she felt such sadness before, it was as if her heart is breaking yet she doesn’t know why……

*****

The Centre
2400 Hours

(We see a black file, in red bold font, it said SL-30 – ALTERATION.  As if a whiff of air blew into it, the file opened, exposing a picture of Jarod on top of a thick stack of papers)

A mysterious figure silently walked into the room, took the file from the desk and disappeared.

****

The Centre
100 Hour

The figure reemerged, he slowly walked to a computer and after a few minutes began started typing rapidly at phenomenal speed.  He stopped abruptly, satisfied that he had located the message he wanted. He turned on the scanner, and page by page, he copied the file into the computer.  (View of the computer screen of the message)

Jarod,

I know only you could break the code that I created.  I want you to go to Madison, Wisconsin. I’ll be waiting for you with the other Jarod.  I love you son.

Your Father

When the figure finished scanning the file into the computer he then moves his cursor to the button "Send" on the computer screen and clicked on it.  After a few minutes, he shut down the computer and walked out.  A Cracker Jack box dropped on the floor, he bent down and picked it up, pop another Cracker Jack into his mouth and silently crawled into the air vent.

****

Annie’s B & B Hotel
Madison, Wisconsin
900 Hours

"Dad! Check out the PEZ I bought!" Young Jarod cried happily, bursting through the door of their hotel room.

Major Charles laughed, "Be careful," he warned, "Too much sugar could give you a sugar rush son." He was sitting on the computer, searching for any clues that might lead him to Jarod, Emily, and his love, their mother. (We see a picture of a mailbox with a letter in it on the computer)

"Come on, Wisconsin is great!  Let’s go outside!" Young Jarod pleaded.

"Hold on a minute Jarod, let me just check my mail first" Major Charles chuckled. (We see the cursor moving to the mailbox and clicked on it).
 

************
 

Any Compliments or Criticisms

Thank you!!